What's new

India’s Super Sukhoi Vs China’s Su-35: Who has the better Aircraft?

as already stated by me

1)he is talking about an engine that dosen't exist

2)a radar that dosen't exist

3)says that mki with its radar will behave like an awacs!!!

and to call it objective article will be a big mistake,,,looks like a wishful stuff to me

Lastly if these things are available then

why don't we make the next sukhois directly as super sukhoi's(we have only 180,planned are 272)???

Bhai mere khud hi dekh le.

The upgradation of the existing fleet of the Sukhoi-30MKI jets of the Indian Air Force, will enhance them with fifth generation fighter technology, thereby making them Super Sukhoi fighters.

Alexey Fedorov, chief of the Sukhoi-making Russian company, Irkut, said at the recently concluded biennial airshow -- MAKS-2011 -- in Zhukovsky near Moscow, that the Sukhoi upgradation has two components, for which technical negotiations are on. One includes the modernisation of the aircraft to fit the BrahMos missile's air version on it, and the other is to upgrade the existing five Sukhoi-30MKI squadrons of the IAF.Approximately, 100 Su-30MKI aircraft are divided into five squadrons, and the IAF plans to have about 270 of these aircraft in the long run.

These upgraded Super Sukhois will have a better lifecycle engine, be fitted with a modern glass cockpit, and the aircraft will be able to carry more weapons with a larger range. Fedorov said the number of aircraft the IAF wants upgraded, will be done, beginning with the current fleet.

About the radar, the Super Sukhois are likely to be installed with the AESA (active electronically scanned array) radar, made by the Russian Tikhomirov's NIIP.

Test pilot Yury Vaschuk, who made the first public flight of the Sukhoi-35 fighter jet at the airshow, said, "The IAF's Su-30MKI upgrade will bring the aircraft close to the Su-35 aircraft, which already has fifth generation features." Vaschuk, who has clocked 70 hours on the Su-35, said both the Su-30 and Su-35 belonged to the Su-27 family, from which originated the fifth generation fighter, called the PAK-FA/T-50, which also debuted at the MAKS airshow this year. The Su-35 is a twin-engined, single cockpit, multi-role aircraft with a digital fly-by-wire controls.

Hindustan Aeronautics Limited Chairman Ashok Nayak said there was no progress on the Sukhoi upgrade, and it was yet to be finalised.

Refusing to divulge the exact amount on the upgrade, Fedorov said it was a large programme and would run into several billions of dollars, and that it was likely to be concluded in this financial year. Russia hopes to start the upgradation in 2012 and finish the first aircraft by 2014.

Also, those manufactured under licence by HAL will be upgraded. Discussions are on to finalise the upgradation of different types of aircraft, said Fedorov.

On the anvil: 5th generation Super Sukhois - Rediff.com India News

$3.77 bn Super Sukhois deal to be signed during Putin

The deal is inked.

Bhai mere khud hi dekh le.

The upgradation of the existing fleet of the Sukhoi-30MKI jets of the Indian Air Force, will enhance them with fifth generation fighter technology, thereby making them Super Sukhoi fighters.

Alexey Fedorov, chief of the Sukhoi-making Russian company, Irkut, said at the recently concluded biennial airshow -- MAKS-2011 -- in Zhukovsky near Moscow, that the Sukhoi upgradation has two components, for which technical negotiations are on. One includes the modernisation of the aircraft to fit the BrahMos missile's air version on it, and the other is to upgrade the existing five Sukhoi-30MKI squadrons of the IAF.Approximately, 100 Su-30MKI aircraft are divided into five squadrons, and the IAF plans to have about 270 of these aircraft in the long run.

These upgraded Super Sukhois will have a better lifecycle engine, be fitted with a modern glass cockpit, and the aircraft will be able to carry more weapons with a larger range. Fedorov said the number of aircraft the IAF wants upgraded, will be done, beginning with the current fleet.

About the radar, the Super Sukhois are likely to be installed with the AESA (active electronically scanned array) radar, made by the Russian Tikhomirov's NIIP.

Test pilot Yury Vaschuk, who made the first public flight of the Sukhoi-35 fighter jet at the airshow, said, "The IAF's Su-30MKI upgrade will bring the aircraft close to the Su-35 aircraft, which already has fifth generation features." Vaschuk, who has clocked 70 hours on the Su-35, said both the Su-30 and Su-35 belonged to the Su-27 family, from which originated the fifth generation fighter, called the PAK-FA/T-50, which also debuted at the MAKS airshow this year. The Su-35 is a twin-engined, single cockpit, multi-role aircraft with a digital fly-by-wire controls.

Hindustan Aeronautics Limited Chairman Ashok Nayak said there was no progress on the Sukhoi upgrade, and it was yet to be finalised.

Refusing to divulge the exact amount on the upgrade, Fedorov said it was a large programme and would run into several billions of dollars, and that it was likely to be concluded in this financial year. Russia hopes to start the upgradation in 2012 and finish the first aircraft by 2014.

Also, those manufactured under licence by HAL will be upgraded. Discussions are on to finalise the upgradation of different types of aircraft, said Fedorov.

On the anvil: 5th generation Super Sukhois - Rediff.com India News

$3.77 bn Super Sukhois deal to be signed during Putin

The deal is inked.

mere bhai pehle meri baat to sun le..:raise:

1)It will have an engine of su-35 with service life of 4000 hours,not 6000 hours as thats the best russia has got after pakfa engine and i don't think we will use pakfa engines as only 5 planes have those,,,,,,and it will be needed for pakfa not su-30 upgrades.my 2 cents

2)Radar will indeed be provided by tikhomirov niip but point is russia itself has no operational aesa yet,,,,,hume kya denge,thenga!!!

Even the n050 aesa of pakfa will be fully operational only in 2015

3)as ur article states,,,,its full 2 years old that is september 2011 which is true to what i am saying here,,,,the upgrade will happen when at least they develop an aesa,which clearly they haven't(yet)

lastly deal was not inked during putin's visit

It should be Dassualt Rafale vs sukhoi-35. Btw its funny a country who building 5th generation jet fighter buying Su-35.... And than they accuse india of importing weapons. To be honest everything china got today its due to Russia. From weapons to space technology. Russians is the most easy people to take under control. They just need cash for alcohol. Ask anyone what russia famous for? They will say russian brides. Anyone can buy them.... Sad indeed.

Chinese, They abuse Russian product while buy the same.. China is greedy about Su35 for its engine and avionics.. Chinese Engine and avionics are not proved good. They close FC1 production. They have stopped Lavi's Production..

There so called 5th gen fighter has no better engine and avionics...

West will not allow chinese to touch there product. Chinese Partner (Pakistan) can't smuggle American technology (as Pakistani did with Tomhawk and Stealth-hawk).

Chinese, They abuse Russian product while buy the same.. China is greedy about Su35 for its engine and avionics.. Chinese Engine and avionics are not proved good. They close FC1 production. They have stopped Lavi's Production..

:bounce: have you guys recovered all bodies in the Mumbai dockyard? Those young men died for their nation, how many show me some respect for them and recover their bodies first?

There so called 5th gen fighter has no better engine and avionics...

In your wet dream.

West will not allow chinese to touch there product. Chinese Partner (Pakistan) can't smuggle American technology (as Pakistani did with Tomhawk and Stealth-hawk).

What 'west' do you mean? Is there any European made rubbish that we Chinese want to buy?

btw, we have gap with the US, but the gap between China and india is way larger than that. you'd better worry more about your loser nation.

Stupid thread. China does NOT have Su-35s. We haven't even signed a contract to buy them.

?

are you suggesting that some indians are not stupid? I don't believe so. they are stupid by default, you should only consider some exceptional ones as not stupid when they prove themselves.

their national average IQ is 85.

:bounce: have you guys recovered all bodies in the Mumbai dockyard? Those young men died for their nation, how many show me some respect for them and recover their bodies first?

In your wet dream.

What 'west' do you mean? Is there any European made rubbish that we Chinese want to buy?

btw, we have gap with the US, but the gap between China and india is way larger than that. you'd better worry more about your loser nation.

?

are you suggesting that some indians are not stupid? I don't believe so. they are stupid by default, you should only consider some exceptional ones as not stupid when they prove themselves.

their national average IQ is 85.

better than chinese robos with artificial intelligence and programming like u

I can understand why you guys are desparate.

did i go to chinese section??

answer--------no

did u come here to troll??

answer--------------yes

as u can see from my posts i am not interested in fighting u or arguing with u,,,,,,if u can contribute on topic then good otherwise pls don't post garbage here

1)It will have an engine of su-35 with service life of 4000 hours,not 6000 hours as thats the best russia has got after pakfa engine and i don't think we will use pakfa engines as only 5 planes have those,,,,,,and it will be needed for pakfa not su-30 upgrades.my 2 cents

2)Radar will indeed be provided by tikhomirov niip but point is russia itself has no operational aesa yet,,,,,hume kya denge,thenga!!!

3)as ur article states,,,,its full 2 years old that is september 2011 which is true to what i am saying here,,,,the upgrade will happen when at least they develop an aesa,which clearly they haven't(yet)

Plain words - It's just a MKIzed SU 35. Baki samjh jao.

Engine Product 117 used in SU 35 gives 142 KN thrust good enough, RADAR to be used is IBRIS E or ZHUK AESA.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-12-25/india/35998327_1_5th-gen-fighters-defence-deals-ins-chakra

Ise zyada aur kya chahiye? Above are last 42 that will recieve tinkering. It was always in works.

Plain words - It's just a MKIzed SU 35. Baki samjh jao.

Engine Product 117 used in SU 35 gives 142 KN thrust good enough, RADAR to be used is IBRIS E or ZHUK AESA.

India, Russia sign defence deals worth Rs 25,000 crore - Times Of India

Ise zyada aur kya chahiye? Above are last 42 that will recieve tinkering. It was always in works.

Why it is not

1)su-35 airframe uses composites much more than mki

2)engine is product 117s and not 117

3)cannot be zhuk-ae as it is made by Phazotron NIIR and not Tikhomirov NIIP

4)rcs of mki is way more and it requires structural modifications of air intakes and extensive ram application.
Cannot be irbis-e as irbis-e is a pesa and not an aesa

what a brilliant post by an Indian OP who is trying to compare Russian fighter jet (Super Sukhoi) against another Russian Fighter Jet(Su-35).

But the OP main purpose to is start a flame war between Chinese and Indians when he choose the title "India’s Super Sukhoi Vs China’s Su-35: Who has the better Aircraft?" when we all know that both Fighter Jets are Russian and not Indian or Chinese in origin.

what a brilliant post by an Indian OP who is trying to compare Russian fighter jet (Super Sukhoi) against another Russian Fighter Jet(Su-35).

But the OP main purpose to is start a flame war between Chinese and Indians when he choose the title "India’s Super Sukhoi Vs China’s Su-35: Who has the better Aircraft?" when we all know that both Fighter Jets are Russian and not Indian or Chinese in origin.

exactly, not to mention the supposed su-35 sale to china is hardly confirmed, they only said the talks are ongoing as it supposedly has been for the last 5 years or longer. in addition the su-35 is suppose to be a fully russian version of the mki except (noticeably) with better(lower) rcs so i fully expect the two to be quite comparable in performance. so which is better? i'd say they're simular. does it matter? no because i believe china either isnt going to end up buying or if they did buy it will probably not in numbers(think 2 dozen or so) that would make any difference.

exactly, not to mention the supposed su-35 sale to china is hardly confirmed, they only said the talks are ongoing as it supposedly has been for the last 5 years or longer. in addition the su-35 is suppose to be a fully russian version of the mki except (noticeably) with better(lower) rcs so i fully expect the two to be quite comparable in performance. so which is better? i'd say they're simular. does it matter? no because i believe china either isnt going to end up buying or if they did buy it will probably not in numbers(think 2 dozen or so) that would make any difference.

looks like u have no idea about mki and su-35 both

Irbis-E is an advanced multi-mode, hybrid passive electronically scanned array radar system developed by Tikhomirov NIIP for the Su-35BM multi-purpose fighter aircraft. NIIP developed the new radar based on the Bars radar system provided to Su-30MKI/MKM/MKA aircraft. We'll use this one.

Su 35 engine is good for the puposes we intend.

SU 35 composites will be added when last 42 come from Russia.

Deal was signed for numbers given.

I think even USA will buy some Su35 if Russia agree to sell. Anyone understands what I mean?

Irbis-E is an advanced multi-mode, hybrid passive electronically scanned array radar system developed by Tikhomirov NIIP for the Su-35BM multi-purpose fighter aircraft. NIIP developed the new radar based on the Bars radar system provided to Su-30MKI/MKM/MKA aircraft. We'll use this one.

Su 35 engine is good for the puposes we intend.

SU 35 composites will be added when last 42 come from Russia.

Deal was signed for numbers given.

we are going after aesa and not pesa

irbis-e is a pesa

sorry to break ur heart

Back
Top Bottom