What's new

The Americans are pretending to be back in Balochistan

Dalit

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Not many of us know this as this happened in the backdrop. Read the below source with a pinch of salt because it is Indian. It provides some context. I have only copied some relevant portions of the Indian news story. The other part is BS and claims that Pakistan and China are distancing.

New Delhi: The officiating US Ambassador in Pakistan Thursday visited Gwadar, a key port area in the multi-billion dollar China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), in the first such visit to the port by a US official in 15 years.

US Chargé d’affaires Angela Aggeler said the visit serves as the latest example of US-Pakistan cooperation on shared interests.

“I would like to thank my Pakistani hosts and counterparts for hosting me at #Gwadar today. It is great to be back in Balochistan,” Aggeler said in a statement tweeted by the US Embassy Islamabad.

“I am hopeful it is the first of many to encourage and strengthen commercial and economic ties between Balochistan and the US,” Aggeler said. “I am proud of US and Pakistani efforts to promote maritime security through naval exercises and professional exchanges, and I look forward to expanding our cooperation across sectors.”

The move came around two years after the US warned Pakistan that the CPEC, under which the Gwadar port is being developed, would push the country deeper into an already-stifling debt burden, foster corruption and repatriate jobs and profits to China.

The Americans are dead against CPEC and Gwadar. What does this visit mean? Are the Americans trying to get first hand insight into Balochistan's development between Pakistan and China? Are we giving it to the Americans on a silver platter?

Why has the Pakistani government facilitated such a visit by a hostile nation? Is the Pak army and the civilian rulers under the impression that the Americans can be convinced to join the project? Isn't this wishful thinking on our part? What other purpose can such a visit serve? Our own media hasn't reported on this, but the Indian media is very keen to highlight the visit. What are we up to?

Last edited:
Its not always black and white. Engaging US is not a wrong thing to do. Pakistan does not want to pick sides and rightly so. We have always been on either side and thus our economy has suffered. Pakistan prime focus should be economy. A good economy is the best guarantee of national security.

Are the Americans trying to get first hand insight into Balochistan's development between Pakistan and China?
The American's don;t have the worlds most advance spy satellites that can see a penny sized object. The Americans don't have stealth planes to spy. The American's don't have money to buy out spies inside Pakistan. They did back in OBL times when they bought out doctors, etc in Pakistan. Now they are too poor.

So they needed to send a diplomat with a mobile camera. She had 50 Pakistani officials with here but under their noses she left the mobile camera on. Now that data has gone back to Pentagon. Gawd help Pakistan.

Are we giving it to the Americans on a silver platter?
Yes. Only it's tin platter. Can't afford the silver.

The American's don;t have the worlds most advance spy satellites that can see a penny sized object. The Americans don't have stealth planes to spy. The American's don't have money to buy out spies inside Pakistan. They did back in OBL times when they bought out doctors, etc in Pakistan. Now they are too poor.

So they needed to send a diplomat with a mobile camera. She had 50 Pakistani officials with here but under their noses she left the mobile camera on. Now that data has gone back to Pentagon. Gawd help Pakistan.

Yes. Only it's tin platter. Can't afford the silver.

You haven't answered my question. My question was why Pakistan is entertaining US embassy to have a peak in Balochistan. What is the purpose of giving anti-CPEC opposition a tour of CPEC/Balochistan?

Its not always black and white. Engaging US is not a wrong thing to do. Pakistan does not want to pick sides and rightly so. We have always been on either side and thus our economy has suffered. Pakistan prime focus should be economy. A good economy is the best guarantee of national security.

That still doesn't answer the question. The US stance towards CPEC and Gwadar is not a secret. They oppose it thoroughly.

What is the intent of our leaders to invite an opposing party to have a peak in Balochistan? Are our leaders under the illusion that the Americans are going to invest in Balochistan?

You haven't answered my question. My question was why Pakistan is entertaining US embassy to have a peak in Balochistan. What is the purpose of giving anti-CPEC opposition a tour of CPEC/Balochistan?

That still doesn't answer the question. The US stance towards CPEC and Gwadar is not a secret. They oppose it thoroughly.

What is the intent of our leaders to invite an opposing party to have a peak in Balochistan? Are our leaders under the illusion that the Americans are going to invest in Balochistan?

The same reason why one invites their ex to their marriage 😂

to encourage and strengthen commercial and economic ties between Balochistan and the US

What a nasty statement. Baluchistan is not a sovereign state. It's a province of Pakistan. The statement is supporting the narrative of terrorist organizations like BLA. Diplomatically two countries engage with each other. A country never deals directly with a province. Did we ever said that lets have good relations with Texas or California.

What a nasty statement. Baluchistan is not a sovereign state. It's a province of Pakistan. The statement is supporting the narrative of terrorist organizations like BLA. Diplomatically two countries engage with each other. A country never deals directly with a province. Did we ever said that lets have good relations with Texas or California.

That is exactly how I read it. Let there be no doubt. The US is a mischievous nation that cannot be trusted.

LOL If it is meant to burn American rear I missed the invitation.

Yes the ambassador was quite jealous seeing a large port with absolutely no commercial shipping. It is a modern day miracle. It is rumoured she was on the phone with Pope requesting the canonisation of Bajwa as the first living saint.

Back
Top Bottom