What's new

The Algerian Armed Forces.

When all three will be handed over to Algerian Navy ?
All 3 Ships have been launched and are floating next to each other, the date of delivery of the 3 ships isn't known but I suspect it will take a little bit more time because Algeria opted for the Smart S 3d radar that will be fitted in Holland (the dutch are a bit nervous about allowing Chinese access to sensitive Hardware/Software because they fear that the Chinese will copy their products"
Not to forget that there is an option for 3 more C28a and there are rumors that they will be manufactured in Algeria.

All 3 Ships have been launched and are floating next to each other, the date of delivery of the 3 ships isn't known but I suspect it will take a little bit more time because Algeria opted for the Smart S 3d radar that will be fitted in Holland (the dutch are a bit nervous about allowing Chinese access to sensitive Hardware/Software because they fear that the Chinese will copy their products"
Not to forget that there is an option for 3 more C28a and there are rumors that they will be manufactured in Algeria.
You seem to be another brother from Algeria. Welcome Brother to the forum. I love Algeria and Algerian brothers although don't like your government much. As for three more I think they are confirmed and also two MEKO 200 will be build in Algeria. I can see really powerful Algerian Military in near future.

Salam Zarvan and thank you for your welcoming message
I hope you're right about the optional 2 Meko 200 but so far we haven't received any confirmation in that regard, The initial contract was high at €2, 175, 520, 699 and that gave reason for speculating that the amount would easily cover 4 MEKO frigates however as time progressed it became clear that the amount included many extras in terms of weapons, Helicopters, training but above all the modernisation of the biggest Algerian shipyard.
To date we haven't heard anything from the contractor or from the Algerian ministry of defense (who always keep silent about contracts and purchases) but there is however some leaked infos on online sources that proved reliable in the past and they say that the option for 3 additional C28a is on and this seems to be the case because Chinese sources confirmed that there is talk about technology transfer to Algeria for building a further 3 C28a warships.
Personally I like to count my chicks after they hatch so that I would avoid disappointments

Last edited:
A single Ka-52 has appeared at Ain Oussera AFB in Algeria on Thursday, 17-Sep. Two days later the eval trials have commenced, esp. night flying.

The machine is a factory fresh White #75, two tone camo.. Similar to this one..

12088031_1066921170009022_5652904878871942490_n.jpg

source: secret difa3

What are names of Algerian Intelligence Agencies both which are for external and internal security and their roles and details ? As much as you guys can tell ? @wassil @Ceylal @emir nissan gtr
You'll find them listed on ForcesDZ main page under (forces spéciales Algériennes )....Sorry I couldn't paste the link because of forum rules for new members.

.....Note that there has been recent restructuring or the DRS (departement du renseignement et de la security) which has now being integrated in the Army command structure.
It's a complex security system with many services linked to the Army, others to the Gendarmerie, Police ...But the main one remains the DRS.

Back
Top Bottom