What's new

The Algerian Armed Forces.

Yes we are & we're talking about an Israeli Army in 2012 too armed with some of the finest weaponry produced either by the United States or their own domestic industry ! Thinking that somehow what Israel fields is somehow qualitatively inferior to what anyone in their neighborhood has is fallacious to say the least.

Furthermore the stroll down history was to impress upon you that for whatever reason you're rating Egypt or others over Israel simply because one has the quantitative edge too is fallacious for history has proved time & again that Israel outnumbered from all sides has held its own reasonably well to sometimes brilliantly well !

No Pakistan hasn't won a single war she has fought against an enemy 10 times her size, fielding an army 4 times her size, an air force 3 times her size, a navy 10 times her size & an economy 15 times her size but we've done mighty well compared to what Arab Nations have against a country that is dwarfed by even the Province I'm living in right now never mind the country despite outnumbering it vastly & from all sides. If you really want to distort my comment to imply as if I was having a dig at Arabs & in the process have a dig at Pakistan then know that Pakistan is a country created 65 years ago & so were most Arab Countries created about the same time; but if you want to talk about the wars my people have been involved in regardless of time then know that our people, from the fiercely independent Pashtuns of the North-West, the Baloch of the South-West, the Punjabis of the East & the Sindhis of South have had a warrior past & a civilization that exceeds what the Arabs ever came up with.

Don't misconstrue my comments & tempt me to take digs at you !

The Egyptian Army, no matter how well equipped it maybe, holds no qualitative advantage over the Israelis or the Turks & little to no quantitative advantage over either of them. If we were to factor in force-multipliers & the Airforce that gap is widened even further.
Read before talking, plz.
Israel outnumbered Arabs in 1948 war, Arab states were either newly dependent or under British/French mandates, aome of their troops fought literally with camels, while Israel got all support from Western countries.
srael: 29,677 initially rising to 117,500 by March 1949. This includes the entire military personnel count—both combat units and logistical units.

Egypt: 10,000 initially, rising to 20,000
Iraq: 3,000 initially, rising to 15,000–18,000
Syria: 2,500–5,000
Transjordan: 8,000–12,000
Lebanon: 1,000
Saudi Arabia: 800–1,200
Yemen: 300
Arab Liberation Army: 3,500–6,000.

However they managed to save:
220px-UN_Partition_Plan_For_Palestine_1947.png

1948 Arab

While for 1967 war it was a defeat, however Arab air forces didn't have a chance to fight and were destroyed on the ground by surprise. Arabs used to get downgraded arms from USSR while Israel got the best available in American inventory as much as they requested for free or as loans. That's why Egypt cut off ties with USSR after 1073.

India and Pakistan armies were a match and Pakistan was supported by both China and USA.

I wasn't talking about quantity but rather quality. Would you plz check the types and compare for yourself, just once.

The Arab nations did Receive downgraded equipment compared to Israel and still continue to do so. However the Arab militaries need to overcome this via domestic production. Are any of the Arab nations developing their own hardware particular Algeria if any one knows.

Read before talking, plz.
Israel outnumbered Arabs in 1948 war, Arab states were either newly dependent or under British/French mandates, aome of their troops fought literally with camels, while Israel got all support from Western countries.
srael: 29,677 initially rising to 117,500 by March 1949. This includes the entire military personnel count—both combat units and logistical units.

Egypt: 10,000 initially, rising to 20,000
Iraq: 3,000 initially, rising to 15,000–18,000
Syria: 2,500–5,000
Transjordan: 8,000–12,000
Lebanon: 1,000
Saudi Arabia: 800–1,200
Yemen: 300
Arab Liberation Army: 3,500–6,000.

However they managed to save:
220px-UN_Partition_Plan_For_Palestine_1947.png

1948 Arab

While for 1967 war it was a defeat, however Arab air forces didn't have a chance to fight and were destroyed on the ground by surprise. Arabs used to get downgraded arms from USSR while Israel got the best available in American inventory as much as they requested for free or as loans. That's why Egypt cut off ties with USSR after 1073.

India and Pakistan armies were a match and Pakistan was supported by both China and USA.

I wasn't talking about quantity but rather quality. Would you plz check the types and compare for yourself, just once.

That as ludicrous as asserting that Pakistan should have lost the Indo-Pak war of '48 because we hadn't any army...heck even my Grandpa, as part of the British Indian Army, was posted overseas, as were most Muslims soldiers who choose Pakistan ! Imagine how short we were on manpower that we had to ask our Tribal Pashtuns to help us out because we didn't have any guns, there wasn't a single Ordinance Factory in Pakistan & our spares from India arrived well after the war. And yet we control 37% of Kashmir with India controlling 43% !

It is foolish to assume that somehow Pakistani & Indian Armies were evenly matched; when you've got an Army that 4 times your size backed up by an economy thats 15 times your sized you buy some pretty nice sh*t & they did. They were flying Mig 21s as far back as the '60s; they were qualitatively & quantitatively superior to Pakistan in every single conflict that we've ever fought.

As far as the '67 defeat thats as ludicrous as us Pakistanis claiming that somehow we should be cut some slack for our '71 defeat to India whereby our army (a 100,000 men) fighting a 1000 kms away from the nearest base & embroiled in a civil war for 9 months against an Indian backed guerrilla force & an angry population that outnumbered us from all sides & exponentially more so finally succumbed to Indian intervention in the closing stages of that year.

And China didn't even build good stuff till the '90s...what backing are you talking about ?

And we were sanctioned by the US for whole swathes of our history to the point where after the '65 we needed to buy substandard Chinese F-6s just to have an air force.

And I did compare them !

Do tell me what answer to the Egyptians have for the many number of ATGMs that Israel & now Turkey is set employ ?

Do tell me what APS system do the M1As come with ? If a couple of rounds from an RPG-7 are enough to disable them then one doesn't need to be a rocket scientist to imagine what the TOWs, the Spikes, the LAHATS & the Turkish domestic ATGMs are going to do.

Israel employs some of the best Air-Defenses in the world right now which covers their area exponentially well which means their David's Slings & Iron Domes are going to take care quite well of either incoming air-craft or SRBMs that the Egyptian Army employs.

Coming to the Air force itself what do you honestly think are 200 or so F-16s many of whom aren't even MLUed are going to do against the Stukas & the F-15s all of whom are BVR equipped & have some of the best ECM suites in the world. In tandem with the Ground Air Defenses the assets & the capability as the disposal of the IAF would make it virtually impossible for Egypt to either have anything close to air supremacy over Israeli Air space or support their Ground Offensive with consolidated Air-Support !

So I'm saying this just for the heck of it ! The Israeli Army & the Turkish Army are by far the best in the region.

For all the military prowess Israel has it didn't fair to well against hizboallah. They lost Alot of merkavs to atgms. military Hardware is fine but an armies heart and beliefs play a major role. Israeli soldiers are not to keen on dying and if sustain enough Casualties would they fight on. Pakistan is the best example of this, outnumbered by India but faired Well because the Pakistani soldiers were not scared of dying to the point there are stories they destroyed tanks with explosives Strapped to them

Hi Gyp
Algeria have 12 corvettes and 10 frigates and 6 Submarines and 2 LPD ( some of them under construction) and there r some report about 6 fremm to Algeria if u want i will give u the statistics.

@Armstrong
There will never be another 1967 for Israel for sure. It could be worse if Nuclear comes into play but it could never be equal to 1967 anymore. Egypt will not be a push over despite it is far weaker than Israel.

Hi Gyp
Algeria have 12 corvettes and 10 frigates and 6 Submarines and 2 LPD ( some of them under construction) and there r some report about 6 fremm to Algeria if u want i will give u the statistics.

Pretty strong navy. Who Algeria suppose to fight? It has no animosity with any of its neighbor.

Are you sure about the number of boats???
Wiki only says Algeria operates 3 frigates and 3 corvette from early 80's
Few new ones on the pipeline though which I believe will replace the older ones. The current fleet is really really old.

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I am aware of Algeria has 3 Koni class frigates but is in the process of getting 2 meko a200 frigates. The navy also has 3 Nanuchka class corvettes and is getting hold of Steregushchy-class corvettes also. As well as small number of kilo submarines the navy has westland and super lynx helicopters at its disposal.

Wiki (English version Is not a reliable source)
Corvettes
3 Djebel Chenoua
sanstitre744.png

ِِ2 Corvettes Graba (under construction in Algeria )
W0LP1.jpg

gharab11.jpg

3 Nanuchka class corvette
800px-SalahRais.jpg

2 tigr r under construction
800px-Corvette_Steregushchiy.jpg

3 Nakhoda Ragam class corvettes
6t5V1.jpg

RfQZ2.jpg

Frigates

4 MEKO A200 (under construction,two of them built in Algeria)
F2006090716114700318.jpg

3 F-22A from China
Asian Defense: Algeria buying Chinese frigates
China Air and Naval Power: Recent Chinese exports in helicopter and ships

and an other report sad that is 6 not 3 !!!!
????: ??????? ????? ??????? ????? ????? ??????? ?????

6 italians FREMM frigates
Algérie et Italie signent un contrat militaire pour 4 milliards d
Commesse a rischio, incertezza a Riva | Liguria | Levante | Il Secolo XIX

The Global Naval Vessels and Surface Combatants Market 2011-2021 - Country Analysis... -- NEW YORK, June 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --

Inttic, a small precision...The chinese will provide only the hull...Motoring,electronics,and armement will be done elsware...

Inttic, a small precision...The chinese will provide only the hull...Motoring,electronics,and armement will be done elsware...

Are you sure Ceylal ? the reports sad that the frigates will be constructed completelyin China.
this frigates will be equipped with some western tech :

32cellules VL (Vertical Launch) HQ-16 (SA-N-12) d’une portée de 35kms et pouvant traiter des cibles évoluant à

15kms d’altitude

8missiles Mer-Mer anti-navires C-803.

6torpilles Yu-7 version évolué des dérivés de Torpilles Franco-Italiennes Alenia A244-S light ASW torpedo et des

Torpilles américaines Mk 46 Mod. 2 torpedo

Algerian forumers, Can you give me some another link forum which somewhat focuses on either Algerian Military or Arab military?

Algerian forumers, Can you give me some another link forum which somewhat focuses on either Algerian Military or Arab military?

i think the forum rules prohibit the promotion of other forums ..

if you can read Arabic you can log in Arabic military forums by google or tell me i will send you links for many Arabic forums ..

Back
Top Bottom