What's new

The Algerian Armed Forces.

Too much Russian hardware mix it up, folks don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Algeria buys two A-100E AWACS planes from Russia

View attachment 861512

This is huge! Algeria is quietly becoming a monster without a doubt. The only available source for this is the Algerian army itself, which is about as good as it gets. Might be a little while, though, since I believe these are being currently tested for final production. But that's how you do it, get in and order early.

These things look like beasts. Maby someday we'll get their technical capabilities.

This is huge! Algeria is quietly becoming a monster without a doubt. The only available source for this is the Algerian army itself, which is about as good as it gets. Might be a little while, though, since I believe these are being currently tested for final production. But that's how you do it, get in and order early.

These things look like beasts. Maby someday we'll get their technical capabilities.
American press sources said that the “A-100” plane has a unique ability to detect air and ground targets, and that it is superior to its foreign counterparts, especially the American “AWACS” plane, in capabilities.

The new aircraft, called "Premier", can simultaneously detect and track 300 air, sea and land targets at a distance of 650 km.

It can also control drones, a new capability that previous Russian AWACS aircraft did not have. The "Premier" aircraft will determine target designation not only for aircraft, but also for land and sea air defense systems as well, and will be assigned another task as well, which is the task of securing communication between army units.

In addition to the information from its own radar, the A-100 can obtain the necessary information from satellites.

The flight of the new radar plane can last 6 hours continuously. And it can move away from its base by 1,000 kilometers.

Another important advantage not available in the rest of the early warning aircraft in the world is that the A-100 can quickly turn into a means of electronic warfare. In the sense that it is an early warning aircraft and electronic warfare (electronic jamming) at the same time .. The development included the aircraft itself, the engines, chassis and aircraft systems, not only for the AWACS planes, but for the Ilyushin fleet in general.

The Russian Air Force began taking delivery of the A-100 in 2021..

The Algerian Mi-28NE is an absolute monster! I love this helo and despite the Egyptian military having the Apache, Mi-24 Hind and Ka-52 Nile Crocodiles in its inventory, I wish they would invest in this superb and lethal attack helicopter. It's so intimidating looking, even with that Mikey Mouse nose which makes it look a bit funny but also very intimidating and has a high level of lethality with its canon and weapons pylons as well as radar. This thing is just incredible.

1658430881535.png

1658430916397.png

1658430897033.png

Check out the scissors tail rotors.

1658431052764.png

Algeria will allocate some 23 billion dollars to the army by 2023
https://www.menadefense.net/algerie/lalgerie-va-augmenter-son-budget-militaire/

lol, that is a tremendous amount of money, wow. They can put large portions in every branch to improve whatever they think needs improvement for a good span of 3 - 5 years or so. Obviously, it doesn't all have to go into new purchases and much of it can be used to vastly improve a lot of the incredible systems that the Algerian army already has so smartly invested in.

I think I am amongst many who's wondering what Algeria will be (or even probably already has) decided to do with how much more it will invest with Russia, being that quite a bit of the super heavy and powerful platforms such as the Su-30MKAs and Kilo submarines and a lot more stuff it has chosen to go through Russia and has had great success in doing so, but I'm pretty sure that you (just like me) is probably wondering how much the Russian military hardware will be affected by the country's very poor performance in the Ukraine which is hardly a secret any more. And we all pretty much know that a lot of the failures the Russian military endured was due to very poor planning and bad leadership and not necessarily the equipment since they didn't even use a lot of the modern and devastating equipment they have.

So that will be very interesting to see because just like @IblinI showed in his post previous to this one is that many of the Russian clientele will not necessarily give up completely on purchasing Russian equipment, but I think we will see a vast movement from those countries moving to purchasing a lot more Chinese equipment than ever before.

On the C-130 videos, it was very obvious how so very well maintained those -- and every other Algerian aircraft -- are as the 2nd of the two in the H or L model taking off looked just as brand spanking new as the first J model with the newer propellers. Beautifully maintained and well-taken care of and that is very hard to do with planes painted all white like those!

How many of these beauties you guys have, now?

1668478189961.png

but I'm pretty sure that you (just like me) is probably wondering how much the Russian military hardware will be affected by the country's very poor performance in the Ukraine which is hardly a secret any more. And we all pretty much know that a lot of the failures the Russian military endured was due to very poor planning and bad leadership and not necessarily the equipment since they didn't even use a lot of the modern and devastating equipment they have.
I'm with you on this one, unlike many, I dont agree with people mocking Russian hardware because of what happened in Ukraine, people with sane mind should know that Russian have fancy toys but how many of them from Defence show being procured by Russian armed forces, not many we can say.

I was doing a comparison of the Algerian and Morrocan navies again yesterday and I think the Algerian navy will eat the Moroccan navy for breakfast. They might put up a good fight,but in the end they will probably lose.

The amount of vessels and armament on the Moroccan side,is much smaller and lighter.

lol, that is a tremendous amount of money, wow. They can put large portions in every branch to improve whatever they think needs improvement for a good span of 3 - 5 years or so. Obviously, it doesn't all have to go into new purchases and much of it can be used to vastly improve a lot of the incredible systems that the Algerian army already has so smartly invested in.

I think I am amongst many who's wondering what Algeria will be (or even probably already has) decided to do with how much more it will invest with Russia, being that quite a bit of the super heavy and powerful platforms such as the Su-30MKAs and Kilo submarines and a lot more stuff it has chosen to go through Russia and has had great success in doing so, but I'm pretty sure that you (just like me) is probably wondering how much the Russian military hardware will be affected by the country's very poor performance in the Ukraine which is hardly a secret any more. And we all pretty much know that a lot of the failures the Russian military endured was due to very poor planning and bad leadership and not necessarily the equipment since they didn't even use a lot of the modern and devastating equipment they have.

So that will be very interesting to see because just like @IblinI showed in his post previous to this one is that many of the Russian clientele will not necessarily give up completely on purchasing Russian equipment, but I think we will see a vast movement from those countries moving to purchasing a lot more Chinese equipment than ever before.

On the C-130 videos, it was very obvious how so very well maintained those -- and every other Algerian aircraft -- are as the 2nd of the two in the H or L model taking off looked just as brand spanking new as the first J model with the newer propellers. Beautifully maintained and well-taken care of and that is very hard to do with planes painted all white like those!

How many of these beauties you guys have, now?

View attachment 896597

44 Su-30 MKA received between 2007 and 2011 an option for 14 aircraft officially lifted in 2015 and whose delivery began in January 2017 completed in January 2018 total of 58 Su-30(1 accident), 16 additional Su-30 ordered in 2019.

I was doing a comparison of the Algerian and Morrocan navies again yesterday and I think the Algerian navy will eat the Moroccan navy for breakfast. They might put up a good fight,but in the end they will probably lose.

The amount of vessels and armament on the Moroccan side,is much smaller and lighter.
Agree the probability of an armed confrontation between Morocco and Algeria seems so high that this scenario is one of the three wars that could break out in these regions, alongside the usual risks of confrontation between Turkey and Greece or that between Israel and Iran.
the Algerian submarine threat with its upgraded Kilo-class submarines , capable of firing cruise missiles from the sea at a range of 300 km. this naval arsenal provides it with a situation of strength that theoretically allows it to deny access to the sea to the Moroccan navy and destroy all economic zones along the mediterranean sea. .

Agree the probability of an armed confrontation between Morocco and Algeria seems so high that this scenario is one of the three wars that could break out in these regions, alongside the usual risks of confrontation between Turkey and Greece or that between Israel and Iran.
the Algerian submarine threat with its upgraded Kilo-class submarines , capable of firing cruise missiles from the sea at a range of 300 km. this naval arsenal provides it with a situation of strength that theoretically allows it to deny access to the sea to the Moroccan navy and destroy all economic zones along the mediterranean sea. .
Algeria has expanded its Navy so much,the armament is much heavier than Morocco's and you also have more ships!

Back
Top Bottom