What's new

The Algerian Armed Forces.

Algerian navy's strike power is well above the Egyptian navy.

Waste of money, the modernization of individual equipment of soldiers is forgotten or not in future agenda
What do you know about that, are you a soldier or have you been one..?
The troops have the appropriate equipment for the appropriate terrain and for the appropriate missions..

No comparison ! Algeria is the country for the navy and the aviation.
Egyptian Navy is still at the charcoal steam engine era. It does not have the firepower of Modern navies. Israel, with less than 70 units is thousand time more powerful and lethal than Egypt's 300 plus units...

No comparison ! Algeria is the country for the navy and the aviation.
Egyptian Navy is still at the charcoal steam engine era. It does not have the firepower of Modern navies. Israel, with less than 70 units is thousand time more powerful and lethal than Egypt's 300 plus units...

Algeria has a very glorious navy history. It is very nice to continue this tradition.
I wonder, Algerian brothers hows see like Barbaros Hayrettin Pasha, Algerian Ghazi Hasan Pasha and other great Islamic admirals? How are these admirals explained in the elementary / high school education system?

Even with the most objective outlook it would be hard to agree with your comment.
First, you'll have to explain why you even brought up Egypt? What was the purpose in that?
Second, can you define "strike power." And what do you mean by it's strike power being "well over" Egypt's navy?

Strike power is usually referred to having the ability to form a powerful strike group, so not only quantity and quality, but caliber also.

World naval strength rankings here and the placement of the two navies in question completely contradicts your view.

https://www.globalfirepower.com/navy-ships.asp

Algeria has a very glorious navy history. It is very nice to continue this tradition.
I wonder, Algerian brothers hows see like Barbaros Hayrettin Pasha, Algerian Ghazi Hasan Pasha and other great Islamic admirals? How are these admirals explained in the elementary / high school education system?

Regency of Algiers was the most dreaded in the Mediterranean basin, Arudj and Khayr ad-Din,The Barbarossa brothers built one of the most formidable fleets of their time. we can do many movies and write novels about this period but it does not interest anyone, United States they've created their own story through Hollywood when in fact they have no history.

Even with the most objective outlook it would be hard to agree with your comment.
First, you'll have to explain why you even brought up Egypt? What was the purpose in that?
Second, can you define "strike power." And what do you mean by it's strike power being "well over" Egypt's navy?

Strike power is usually referred to having the ability to form a powerful strike group, so not only quantity and quality, but caliber also.

World naval strength rankings here and the placement of the two navies in question completely contradicts your view.

My brother, please do not get it wrong. As much as I love Algeria, I am attached to the Egyptian people with the same love.Egypt and Algeria navies are the two strongest forces in Africa. Both countries have a good naval history. The comparison is that I have seen Algeria one step ahead in terms of combat power over ASW/AsuW and A2AD capacity in the Southern Mediterranean line and and ofc throughout Africa. It is a simple regional power assessment, independent of allied relations. And of course, from the point of view of the navy history , I think that Algeria's military culture is based on maritime. The spectacular Algerian mariners have become proud of the whole Islamic world.

However, both our nations need to reach a better point. After the tragedy in Libya, NATO has almost invaded the waters of Libya. Perhaps there is no such possibility at the moment, but if Egypt or Algerian navies weaken someday in the future, this could lead to a catastrophe for all of us.

If I come to the other question, the site you are sharing the link to is not a valid resource. Countries are indexed according to the number of platforms they have, not by capabilty. That's why even the 50-60-year-old weapon systems kept in storage are included in this index.

I think Ezerdi is the best one to ask . It was in the Algerian education cursis, wether it is still taught or not ,I an't really tell you. A lot of negative changes happened to the Algerian Education System with the arrival of Bouteflika. But , if is an indication , the DZ Submarines are named after the famous Algerines commanders that imposed a complete control of the Mediterranean sea and spread their power to East of the Atlantic all the Manche, aka British Channel.

:rofl: here he goes again with Global power, better than Wikipedia, never less, it is just of a listing of an inventory withered by time. 70% of the Egyptian Navy is old and barely usable in modern warfare, 20% relatively new than need updating, and the rest is new, but lack the advanced technology that neighboring navies enjoy.
I gave the example of the Israeli navy, a lot smaller but its potency is 1000% superior than the Egyptian...without the nukes...
Curley! there are two Navies in the MENA region that can man the stick, if we take the Turkish's out the equation for her NATO membership, Algeria's to the West and Israel to the East...
The proof of Egypt incapability, inability, is the $50B gas contract that was imposed on her by Israel..which translates, that Egypt despite larger gas reserves than Israel, will be never allowed to exploit ,produce her own gas...as long as Israel won't allow it...Israel knows that Egypt's Navy is weak, its army is weak with a leadership to match.

My brother, please do not get it wrong.

I don't think I got you wrong. There were 2 issues I had with your comment which were why you picked Egypt out of the blue but it looks like you answered that (as far as Africa is concerned since Turkey actually leads navy groups in the Mediterranean sea ATM although even they don't have two critical platforms that Egypt does have that are all about strike power in the pair of Mistral LHDs.) And the 2nd was your definition of strike power being "well over" that of Egypt which you didn't really answer. The brotherly love thing is besides the point, you'll notice that goes right out the door in record time on this forum, especially here and you'll see it rear its ugly head in no time at all, although you've already seen a glimpse of it in the above post.) You will learn to quickly ignore it and why almost all on this forum do.

That being said, without derailing this thread about the Algerian amry, naval strike power is more of an offensive capability and there is nothing in the Algerian navy that comes close to the offensive strike power that the Egyptian navy has.

Egypt and Algeria navies are the two strongest forces in Africa. Both countries have a good naval history. The comparison is that I have seen Algeria one step ahead in terms of combat power over ASW/AsuW and A2AD capacity in the Southern Mediterranean line and and ofc throughout Africa. It is a simple regional power assessment, independent of allied relations. And of course, from the point of view of the navy history , I think that Algeria's military culture is based on maritime. The spectacular Algerian mariners have become proud of the whole Islamic world.

Maritime culture is prevalent in all countries that share historic shores and especially strategic shorelines. History doesn't factor into today's capability. By that same token take a look at ancient Egyptian naval history and then we can go way back. But that doesn't matter today. You can relish the storied tradition of whomever, but current, ground (or water) realities are much different and the fact that aside from defensive capabilities, the Algerian navy doesn't have nearly the power projection the Egyptian navy does.

You mentioned anti sub warfare and anti surface warfare, there isn't anything in the lists of the respective navies that would give Algeria any edge, in fact, quite the opposite, especially in strike power. The only edge I would give Algeria is in the 4 877EKM Kilos and the 3 636Ms. While Egypt's Type 209 are at 2 currently and will end up being 4, obviously Algeria has the edge there. Other than that, I don't see them coming close, especially with strike power, hence I would still disagree with your earlier comment.

If I come to the other question, the site you are sharing the link to is not a valid resource.

Then please list any other source if you can. People don't like that source because more often than not, it lists their militaries in unfavorable spots. If it had them up in the top 10, you can bet they'd be using it left and right. Either way, if that doesn't show that one navy could effectively swallow the other, not sure what else would. :-)

That being said, without derailing this thread about the Algerian amry, naval strike power is more of an offensive capability and there is nothing in the Algerian navy that comes close to the offensive strike power that the Egyptian navy has.
Algeria's armed forces has shown to the world at large about their capabilities..Certainly they don't advertise, but the aficionado in wars and defense noticed..
99..Oum Durman, Sudan
over 20,000 fan were ferried and repatriated to Sudan in less than 48 hrs,most by the Algerian Air force, without incidents or injuries considering that the fan were civilians and lack the military discipline...The only country who noticed was Israel
To each US/African war games taken place in Morocco, The Algerian armed forces conducted their own with live ammo, in a real battle condition.
Just the in last combined Army-air force-navy ETTOUFAN over 15,000 troops took part, as a reply to Moroccan gesticulations over the Western Sahara
followed closely by one in Nothern border with Lybia and Tunisian as a warning to Lybian faction and another in Southern Lybian border..
Algerian Kilos, are equipped to launch attack against land and sea..the Egyptian Dolphin are not and limited...due to Israeli restriction..and with 6, the Algerian Navy is able to control easily the Western part of the Med
Algerian Meko's are far better its Egyptian Navy equivalent, so goes for the C28 A
The BDSL, Beni Abbes is itself a command plateform beside of other functions and capacities, doted with one of the best defense , not only to protect the vessel itself, but has a capability to protect the accompaning vessel.
The Egyptian mistrals have a different function and capabilities, but those functions and capabilities are severely reduced due to the lack of embarked equipment and defense systems..
and there is no reason to go on...
You like to use the Global firepower classification..But that classification is based only on equipment ie arsenal. it doesn't take in account the training, the inter arm coordination, the integration of defense system and experience...Algerian armed forces does not lack in any of those..I see your thread on the Egyptian army, uniforms are new just out the cartons, vehicles, tanks , just came out of a car wash, she is still using remote controlled explosion in her maneuvers , just as the Sadat era...etc....etc..
It takes one with a little knowledge that Egyptian army hasn't progressed from the seventies...

You mentioned anti sub warfare and anti surface warfare, there isn't anything in the lists of the respective navies that would give Algeria any edge, in fact, quite the opposite, especially in strike power. The only edge I would give Algeria is in the 4 877EKM Kilos and the 3 636Ms. While Egypt's Type 209 are at 2 currently and will end up being 4, obviously Algeria has the edge there. Other than that, I don't see them coming close, especially with strike power, hence I would still disagree with your earlier comment.
There is no comparison between your 209 and the Kilos..just in price, their is a continental divide..without regard to any armement .

commemoration of the passing of the father of the Algerian Navy
nacib.jpg

as far as Africa is concerned since Turkey actually leads navy groups in the Mediterranean sea ATM although even they don't have two critical platforms that Egypt does have that are all about strike power in the pair of Mistral LHDs.

I don't think, Mistrals enhancing the strike power of the Egyptian navy since afaik you don't operate jet fighters from Mistrals. It's enhancing your amphibious capabilities.

I don't think, Mistrals enhancing the strike power of the Egyptian navy since afaik you don't operate jet fighters from Mistrals. It's enhancing your amphibious capabilities.
Her amphibious capabilities? They are unarmed and unprotected..For the time being they are just a fency barges..

Her amphibious capabilities? They are unarmed and unprotected..For the time being they are just a fency barges..
Come on LHD has it's uses. They are not built for for the purpose of combat.

Back
Top Bottom