What's new

The Algerian Armed Forces.

You are a nuclear power for god sake! If I'll bet you that israel or India, would not have permitted that respective country airspace be violated with impunity like that...I know very well, without being a nuclear power, Algeria will not let any power to act toward her in the manner that the us acted toward you.

Stealth or not stealth, Your army should have been able to detect them, period! Like all the muslim armies, they wre as usual sleeping a the wheel...Need to acknowledge, there is no need to hide the sun with a seeve.

No one is denying that it was a massive embarrassment for us ! But we didn't detect them - they were stealth & we had no radar coverage on the Western borders not since we downed the Soviet planes back in the '80s ! It wasn't a lack of balls but a lack of co-ordination & a lack of know-how ! We've taken our short-comings into address & anti-air defenses are being beefed up along with proper radar coverage on our Western Border.

I doubt that Bouteflika, had this duscussion with his Turkish counterpart. Algerian have a real bad taste of the turcs during the $ century presence in there country and have never ever taken turquie as the beacon of modernity that the moslem countries should blindly follow. Algerians admire countries with a spine and turquie was not one of them...The reality, if turquie was admired and turcs revered, Algerian would have learned turkish and kept speaking it to this day. That is not the case. The only thing that we remember that when the french debarqued in Sidi Ferruch, the day sold all the country for a safe passage to turquie...In the light of that, I can't even fathom that an Algerian president will lower himself to that level...It's pure fantasy or an inexistant illusion of grandeur of the writer...

Today its said even by Algerians that you are a slave of French I'm not insulting you but Algerians say this themselves, the reason you don't speak Turkish is because we never forced you, while French did genocide on Algeria and you still speak French, have French culture how lower can you get..

Today its said even by Algerians that you are a slave of French I'm not insulting you but Algerians say this themselves, the reason you don't speak Turkish is because we never forced you, while French did genocide on Algeria and you still speak French, have French culture how lower can you get..

I didn't take it as an insult..I just took it that it came from a misunformed undividual that takes his dreams for a reality. The reality is that the Algerians, in, general, take the french lungage as a "butin de guerre" and is part of the Algerian life and heritage and will be for the century or two to come. French committed genocide and you did too. Your occupation was not all that glamourous either, believe me, but either way that is our history and we have to leave in harmony with our past so our futur will be a lot better.
We fought and beat the french and got our country back while Turquie still a vassal to the foereign powers. The way that a lower level Israeli foreign officer lectured your Embassadeur in Tel Aviv, dit it ring a bell?. Have you ever asked yourself, why Turquie was refused a full membership in the EU?
If you know the answer, then you know who is a slave, who is not...

I didn't take it as an insult..I just took it that it came from a misunformed undividual that takes his dreams for a reality. The reality is that the Algerian in, general, take the french lungage as a "butin de guerre" and is part of the Algerian life and hertage and will be in the century or two to come. French committed genocide and you did too. Your occupation was not all that glamourous either, believe me, but either way that our history and we have to leave in harmony with our past so our futur will be a lot better.
We fought and beat the french and got our country back while Turquie still a vassal to the foereign powers. The way that a lower level Israeli foreign officer lectured your Embassadeur in Tel Aviv, dit it ring a bell?. Have you ever asked yourself, why Turquie was refused a full membership in the EU?

After what you said about French and you take it as part of Algerian life lol I have no more to say. Lectured our embasador wtf? I'll speak about this tomorrow. Your a shame to Algerians the cause you have been asniliated by the french to the max.

We were refused full member from EU because we are Muslim and alot of the people don't want it even in Turkiye.

Your ancestors called for our help against Spanish to stop invading you, today you would be Christian speaking Spanish if we never came and saved you.

I didn't take it as an insult..I just took it that it came from a misunformed undividual that takes his dreams for a reality. The reality is that the Algerians, in, general, take the french lungage as a "butin de guerre" and is part of the Algerian life and heritage and will be for the century or two to come. French committed genocide and you did too. Your occupation was not all that glamourous either, believe me, but either way that is our history and we have to leave in harmony with our past so our futur will be a lot better.

On Monday, Israel's deputy foreign minister, Danny Ayalon, summoned Turkish Ambassador Oğuz Çelikkol to complain about a Turkish television drama that has been perceived as anti-Semitic. The show, "The Valley of the Wolves," depicts Israeli security forces kidnapping children and shooting old men. Çelikkol was forced to sit on a low sofa without a handshake and there was no Turkish flag present. Ayalon explained to local TV stations in Hebrew that the humiliation was intentional. Çelikkol did not react.
Outraged, Turkey threatened to recall the ambassador.
Late Wednesday, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's office said a letter of apology has been written, and he "hopes this will end the affair." Israeli officials said the letter was delivered to Turkish officials in Ankara.
Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan accepted the apology.
"We have received the answer that we were waiting for," he said.

The text of letter to the ambassador was released later Wednesday by Ayalon's office.
It said in part, "Although we have our differences of opinion on several issues, they should be discussed and solved only through open, reciprocal and respectful diplomatic channels between our two governments. ... I had no intention to humiliate you personally and apologize for the way the demarche was handled and perceived."

TURKEY - Turkey accepts apology from Israel for insult to ambassador

It was a failed 'diplomatic reaction' by Israel and clearly a self-humiliation. Our ambassador wasn't even aware of their pathetic intention.

About EU membership, no one cares about it in Turkey. It is about implementing the EU norms, human rights, democracy into our political system. There are many things you should know about "Turqie" before coming with BS conclusions.

Btw, i advice you to not use the word 'slave' often when you are talking with a Turk. That is a debate you are going to lose.

Its amazing that we talk about corruption, just like it was an Algerian invention. Like the old adage, if you live in a glass house refrain from throwing stones...All this talk of corruption is a non sense, since the arms contarct are conducted from a state to state and no intermediary, as far as my knowledge, was used. Like, I said above Algeria has an army that is compatible to the alolcated budget. I like also to remind the readers, that since the french and the geman army were brought in the foray, each one of them has a budget 7 times bigger than that of Algeria for a +/- similar number of troupes...I like vey much that number of $ applied to our defence, if we have a similar GDP of France or Germany...
For Pakistan, if you dig deeper your military budget is far superior to the amount you all claim as it stand a Rs 545mm without the +/-2 $ mm that you all receive from the USA.
Sir your defense budget is just equal to our defense budget than why on earth our Armed Forces are fare more well equipped and in more large numbers than your Armed Forces Sir where the hell is all the money going ?

French committed genocide and you did too.

Barbaros Hayreddin Pasha saved your country from god knows how many spanish atrocities and provided much needed leadership in time you ungrateful a$$hole.

Vassal of foreign powers my arse, you don't know a damn thing about Turkey. You were just a colony to France and now you're kissing the boot that kicked your azz.

Algeria and UAE to jointly produce armoured vehicles in Algeria

Written by defenceWeb Tuesday, 24 July 2012 15:31

NIMR_400x299.jpg

Algeria and the United Arab Emirates have signed an agreement to jointly produce NIMR armoured vehicles in Algeria.

The agreement was signed on July 19 between the Algerian Ministry of Defence's Mechanical Industry Promotion Group and the United Arab Emirates' (UAE's) Tawazun Holdings. Under the agreement, the NIMR-Algerie Joint Stock Company will be established in Khenchela in the northeast of the country, reports the Algerian Press Service.

The director of Military Industries at the Algerian Defence Ministry, Rachid Chouaki, said that the Algeria-Emirati partnership is based on “principle of trust linking the two brotherly countries.” The establishment of the plant in Algeria is expected to create between 400 and 500 jobs.

Tawazun subsidiary NIMR Automotive, based in Abu Dhabi, produces a family of interoperable 4x4 and 6x6 armoured vehicles with a common chassis. They are configured for various missions, including reconnaissance, border surveillance, logistics, urban warfare, ambulance, command and control and as an armoured personnel carrier.

The 4x4 model can have a single or double cab and a weapons platform or personnel carrier hull. The 6x6 version comes in short, medium or long wheelbase iterations. The 13.5 tonne 6x6 model can carry up to five tonnes.

Armour protection is equivalent to STANAG 4569 Level 1 (it can withstand 7.62 x 51 ball ammunition at 30 metres), but armour kits can upgrade protection to Level 3 or 4.

The CEO of Tawazun subsidiary Burkan, Saeed Al Mansouri, told Shephard Media at Eurosatory last month that the NIMR is completely designed and manufactured in the UAE, apart from the engine and gearbox.

Hamad Al Neyadi, Chief Strategic Officer of Tawazun and Chairman of Nimr Automotive, said he wants to establish a globally recognised defence automotive business. He was speaking at the International Armoured Vehicles conference in the UK in February, reports the Emirates News Agency. As part of its expansion plans, Tawazun aims to increase its workforce by 4-500 employees each year (from 3 000 at present).

More than 500 NIMR vehicles have been delivered to customers including Libya, Jordan, Lebanon and the United Arab Emirates, while more than 1 800 are on order. The United Arab Emirates armed forces signed a contract for 200 vehicles in March.

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.p...-vehicles-in-algeria&catid=50:Land&Itemid=105

987837WWW.jpg

86278720120726001500.jpg

Lets calm down guys. Algeria and Turkey have both been subject to different circumstances and as such there is no need for throwing accusations like "you are a slave" around. The Algerians fought heroically to kick foreigners out of their land just as the Turks against all odds managed to defeat their enemies post WWI as well. So lets relax.

On topic, in what conflicts can the Algerian army potentially be involved in? It does look like the strongest military in N. Africa after Egypt.

Algeria won freedom after a protracted armed struggle against a very cruel colonial power. Therefore Algeria's defense doctrine is likely to be shaped under a Doctrine of Traditional People's War. I suspect that may be a reason why they haven't gone for the most modern/expensive eqpt, although they can afford to. I also am not too sure that the political leadership and the miltary are on the best of terms.

legionnaire, Tur aR and TR1...I replied to each of your post in order to bring the truth on the realities of the Algerian history and how it was impacted by the different powers that transited thru it...You have to dig deep in order to come to term whether the Turkish presence in Algeria was positive or not and since all the archives of that era are still detained by the Turkish government, you all, will have no problems to brighten our lanterns and I will, as all Algerians, await to be corrected on that immensely positive 4 century presence of yours...And depending which side of the country you are in, French, Spanish are very well spoken and understood...and we have no apologies to make...

Sir your defense budget is just equal to our defense budget than why on earth our Armed Forces are fare more well equipped and in more large numbers than your Armed Forces Sir where the hell is all the money going ?
Simply, Zarvan, we buy the best that is offered in the world and we use it to the bone...

Lets calm down guys. Algeria and Turkey have both been subject to different circumstances and as such there is no need for throwing accusations like "you are a slave" around. The Algerians fought heroically to kick foreigners out of their land just as the Turks against all odds managed to defeat their enemies post WWI as well. So lets relax.

On topic, in what conflicts can the Algerian army potentially be involved in? It does look like the strongest military in N. Africa after Egypt.

We do not see any conflict that Algeria may be involved in, unless in the middle east ( and that, is pulling it by the hair) in case of an another Egypt-israeli war in order mainly to test our capabilities and gain experience in modern war with a worthy opponent. Since we don't have a foe to speak of, I really don't see any involvement of the Algerian forces outside of our borders in any time soon...For the strongest army in north africa, strong is really a vain mot, because strength doesnt equate with a number of troupes or quanty of material and combat system in hand, it depends a lot on training, coordination between different armies and system integration of their capabilities...Without taking anything from Egyptian forces, I do believe that we are better prepared and better equipped...

Algeria won freedom after a protracted armed struggle against a very cruel colonial power. Therefore Algeria's defense doctrine is likely to be shaped under a Doctrine of Traditional People's War. I suspect that may be a reason why they haven't gone for the most modern/expensive eqpt, although they can afford to. I also am not too sure that the political leadership and the miltary are on the best of terms.

Contrary to the believe, the Algerian army is a republican one and obey to the head of state. For the equipment, as I said above, she buys the best that is available and use it to the bone. It is a modern army that is going thru a perpetual transformation and modernisation at its war schoos revalise with the best, the ouest has to offer.

legionnaire, Tur aR and TR1...I replied to each of your post in order to bring the truth on the realities of the Algerian history and how it was impacted by the different powers that transited thru it...You have to dig deep in order to come to term whether the Turkish presence in Algeria was positive or not and since all the archives of that era are still detained by the Turkish government, you all, will have no problems to brighten our lanterns and I will, as all Algerians, await to be corrected on that immensely positive 4 century presence of yours...And depending which side of the country you are in, French, Spanish are very well spoken and understood...and we have no apologies to make...

Simply, Zarvan, we buy the best that is offered in the world and we use it to the bone...
Sir we are also buying the best and also producing the best things including our Nuclear Weapons Algeria don't have nuclear weapons and they have very few Tanks as compared to us and also fighter Air Crafts and Navy is to small where on earth is your Armed Forces spending their money and we operate around 1 million Army and Paramilitary force combined and your Armed Forces are not more than 200000 So still the difference is really very huge Sir

Couple of Su-24's and Mig-29's is not the best, I should say... Wake uo from your delusions your country has the same budget as us yet you have Bangladeshi and Afghani Army

Back
Top Bottom