What's new

The Algerian Armed Forces.

6 kilo class submarines for Algeria with capacity CLUB

Which Club variety missiles actually ordered?
3M-14(T)E Land-Attack Subsonic (300km, 450kg warhead)
3M-54(T)E1 Ship-Attack Subsonic (300km, 450kg warhead)
3M-54(T)E Ship-Attack w. Supersonic End stage (220km, 200kg warhead)
91RE1/2 Anti-Submarine Rocket (50 km, APR-3ME torpedo / 40 km, MPT-1ME torpedo. Alternately: 76 kg SAP-HE warhead)

Club-N-S-3M-54E-Profile-1S.jpg

Is there any info on the frigate contract

Well, I found this from just before the summer:

In May it emerged that Algeria had signed a contract with China Shipbuilding Trading Company for three light frigates, after ordering two Meko A-200N frigates from Germany’s ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems.

The three light frigates will be built either at Guangzhou or the Shanghai Huangpu Shipyard. The vessels will displace around 2 800 tons fully loaded, and will be powered by MTU diesel engines.

On March 26 this year Algeria’s ministry of defence signed a contract with ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems (TKMS) for two Meko A-200 frigates with an option for two more, after a year of negotiations.

TKMS will supply two Meko A-200 frigates and six AgustaWestland Super Lynx helicopters under the €2 175 520 000 contract. According to Russia’s Periscope magazine, the ships will be armed with RBS 15 Mk III anti-ship missiles, Umkhonto IR surface-to-air missiles, Oto Melara and Rheinmetall guns and MU 90 torpedoes. The helicopters will be equipped with Mokopa air-to-ground missiles.

In the middle of last year it was announced that Algeria had signed a deal with Russia’s United Shipbuilding Corporation and state arms exporter Rosoboronexport for two new Tiger class corvettes. The Tiger corvette (Project 20382) is an export model of the Project 20380 Steregushchy class, which is the Russian Navy’s newest corvette class.

The vessel can be equipped with a variety of weaponry, including 100 or 76.2 mm guns, 14.5 mm machine guns, 533 mm torpedoes and a variety of surface-to-air and surface-to-surface missiles (e.g. P-800 Oniks, Uran-E or Yakhont). In addition, the vessels have capacity for a helicopter.
Source and source

And they have their own military satellite.

SSTL_building_a_satellite.jpg

I wish that By the Grace of Almighty ALLAH they are going to grow more in the field of Satellite. I think they should look towards having many Communication satellites that can cover the whole African continent and can provide communication facilities to this continent as well as for Military purposes to friendly Muslim Nations and also Spy Satellites that are essential and may be some Weather satellite satationary as well as orbital rotational one. Also looks towards joining all the Arab states to have a GPS of their own. Ameen.

Which Club variety missiles actually ordered?
3M-14(T)E Land-Attack Subsonic (300km, 450kg warhead)
3M-54(T)E1 Ship-Attack Subsonic (300km, 450kg warhead)
3M-54(T)E Ship-Attack w. Supersonic End stage (220km, 200kg warhead)
91RE1/2 Anti-Submarine Rocket (50 km, APR-3ME torpedo / 40 km, MPT-1ME torpedo. Alternately: 76 kg SAP-HE warhead)

Club-N-S-3M-54E-Profile-1S.jpg

Club Land-Attack Subsonic and Ship-Attack Subsonic.

Is there any info on the frigate contract

2 x Meko A-200ALG + 2 in option

German TKMS sign a contract with Algeria at 2.5 billion euros

MEKOD3.jpg

According to information received from the Algerian A.2 sources, on the eve of the 50th anniversary of independence in the procurement of arms Algeria turns its face not to Paris or Moscow, and other European capitals.
After buying the Italians UDC worth 450 million euros upgrade of two amphibious ships in the Spanish Navy Algeria are on the verge of signing a mega-contract with the German shipyard TKMS, a subsidiary group ThyssenKrupp.

Algeria will spend 2.5 billion euros. for the purchase of two frigates type Meko and six helicopters Super Lynx. The ships will be very strong weapons: the Swedish RBS 15 anti-ship missiles MkIII, the South African Umkhonto SAM missiles, and "air-land» Mokopa, Oto Melara guns and torpedoes and Rheinmetall German production.
The total amount of the contract may also cause a storm of controversy - according to a source in the company TKMS, the price of Frigates Meko Algerians to twice their market value. The same information was confirmed by a representative of the Algerian shipyard ECRN in Mers-el-Kebir.
And for TKMS this contract is very important - the latest deal to sell its surface ships was concluded in 1999 with South Africa.

Немецкая TKMS подпишет контракт с Алжиром на 2,5 млрд евро - Перископ.2

other

Algerian Navy 9000 tons LPD El Djazayer

immagine2ng.png

"Orizzonte Sistemi Navali", a joint venture of Fincantieri and Selex Sistemi Integrati, has been awarded a contract by the Ministry of Defence of the People's Democratic Republic of Algeria to build a landing and logistical support vessel for the Algerian Navy.
The unit will in fact be derived from the design of the San Giusto and San Marco LPD class. But in terms of operational capabilities it will be very enhanced compared to the Italian Navy amphibious assault units .
90% of the ship will be built at Fincantieri shipyards : in Muggiano of La Spezia and in those of Riva Trigoso, while Seastema will be responsible for the integration of on-board systems Finmeccanica companies will be involved in communications command and control and combat systems
The value of the contract is about 400,000,000 euros.
Algeria has left the uncomfortable status of coastal marine to become a deep sea navy

28f25519-2985-46de-9cbc-852b17b78827IMG_0192.jpg

dsc-0129_imagesia-com_35kr.JPG

dsc-0127_imagesia-com_35kt.JPG

Minesweepers Intermarine

In Algeria Fincantieri is also running for other programs against committed greedy, fierce opponents (Chinese and Russian shipyards) : providing minesweepers (Intermarine vs Navantia) + Training Vessel (the most favorable competitor is Damen) + three corvettes competition (worth between a billion and a half billion euros).Shippingonline | Il portale dello shipping e della nautica

Rodriquez - Cantieri navali - INTERMARINE

3lk4.jpg

4ff4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Saying that on a Pakistan Defence Forum : Blasphemy !

On the Airforce : Pakistan wins by sheer numbers, the AWACs, the missiles we carry, the Ground Radar cover that Pakistan employs and our missile defences ! What can a few dozen SUs do against more than 300 BVR capable air craft who are linked to 6 (?) AWACs all the time and about 1-150 more Non-BVR equipped jets who can provide air-support. Add to that the Ra'ad with its 350 km + range and numerous Chinese, American and Brazilian origin BVRs we could probably take those SUs out from a long, long way off ! Throw in the soon to be acquired J-10s, JF-17s and a long range SAM system and that gulf would probably be widened manifold.

Pakistan Army : With a standing Army of about 650,000 and a Paramilitary Force of about 430,000 (some of whom are actually battle hardened and others are fighting in the Tribal Areas right now) and a reserve of about 500,000, Pakistan Army which is trained to fight an opponent 3 times our size would probably fair considerably better against 127,000 men ! Additionally our Al-Khalid Tanks and our T-80 UDs are designed to fight against India's T-90s whereas our upgraded Al-Zarrar and the Type 85s are for India's vastly upgraded T-72s...the sheer number of our tanks outnumber Algerian Tanks by a ratio of 4:1 and the rest of our T-55s and T-62s are being upgraded to the Al-Zarrar standard and more and improved Al-Khalids are being built as we speak...so this will increase the qualitative difference even more. Add to that our APCs, our self-propelled, towed and rocket artillery, all of which ,combined, number well over 10,000 units and our qualitatively pretty good because we have to keep parity with India, I dunno how the Algerian Armed Forces could be actually better than ours. In fact, if you were to add the battle-field missiles we have, the logistics we've built up, the air-defence systems we have (MANPADs, SPADA, HQ-9s etc) and the ground support the PAF can provide...we'd probably compare very favourably with any army in the Muslim World...in fact if you throw in the Al-Nasr tactical ballistic missile thats, probably, going to become the corner-stone of our offensive formations, we'd probably the best army in the Muslim World !

No body dispute that...I want one question answered...If your army is that proficient, why the US predators are still flying your sky without impunity, in the last two skirmishes with us troupes the losses of your troops say a lot about the prepardeness of your troupes or the state of their equipment. I am , as just as, a lot of Pakistanis at loss of words, when a foreign troup crosses over 100 miles, with helicopters, kill, transport, destroy their own helicopter not far from a military pakistani base and leave the territory without arousing any suspicion. And you talk about a strong military. Sorry, we all have our hung ups...But in a forum, among future friens, let try to be real and deal with the reality
Unlike Pakistan, during the lybian affair, Algerian air force kept nation aviation at bay away from our borders, and a shot down a british chinook near the Illizi area for refusing to head ordr to quit the algerian air space.
We have an army that a budget $6 mm can easily equip , feed and train. If the need of more troups is required, Algeria can raise easily an army of 8,000,000 . The country does not need an army of that level, since we do not have any potential ennemy at the moment, just 7 borders to manage.

No body dispute that...I want one question answered...If your army is that proficient, why the US predators are still flying your sky without impunity, in the last two skirmishes with us troupes the losses of your troops say a lot about the prepardeness of your troupes or the state of their equipment. I am , as just as, a lot of Pakistanis at loss of words, when a foreign troup crosses over 100 miles, with helicopters, kill, transport, destroy their own helicopter not far from a military pakistani base and leave the territory without arousing any suspicion. And you talk about a strong military. Sorry, we all have our hung ups...But in a forum, among future friens, let try to be real and deal with the reality

those helis were stealth helis, the first in the business, and we still downed one heli during OBL raid, remember the crashed heli

reports are that pakistan engaged the helis, but due to some orders, the rest of helis were let go free, so no they didnt leave without arousing suspicion

also the matters you highlighted have more to do with politics of pakistan then say pakistan military capability

Sir these problems are not equal to what Pakistan has faced main problem is they have far far far more corruption than in our Armed Forces with this budget they could have developed their forces up to the level of France and Germany because they don't have million soldiers only around 200000 soldiers combined and yet they lack equipment

Its amazing that we talk about corruption, just like it was an Algerian invention. Like the old adage, if you live in a glass house refrain from throwing stones...All this talk of corruption is a non sense, since the arms contarct are conducted from a state to state and no intermediary, as far as my knowledge, was used. Like, I said above Algeria has an army that is compatible to the alolcated budget. I like also to remind the readers, that since the french and the geman army were brought in the foray, each one of them has a budget 7 times bigger than that of Algeria for a +/- similar number of troupes...I like vey much that number of $ applied to our defence, if we have a similar GDP of France or Germany...
For Pakistan, if you dig deeper your military budget is far superior to the amount you all claim as it stand a Rs 545mm without the +/-2 $ mm that you all receive from the USA.

Unlike Pakistan, during the lybian affair, Algerian air force kept nation aviation at bay away from our borders, and a shot down a british chinook near the Illizi area for refusing to head ordr to quit the algerian air space.
We have an army that a budget $6 mm can easily equip , feed and train. If the need of more troups is required, Algeria can raise easily an army of 8,000,000 . The country does not need an army of that level, since we do not have any potential ennemy at the moment, just 7 borders to manage.

3 reasons :

(1) the drone strikes occur with the tacit approval of Pakistan ! Its only for public consumption that these 'protests' are feigned !

(2) those helis were stealth helis & not a bloody Chinook !

(3) we have next to no radar cover or air-defenses on our Western Borders because Afghanistan poses no threat to Pakistan !

The conflicts I have mentioned, have drained their economy, this budget is relatively new.
Although I agree with you on the size and numbers of equipments they should have by now, the immediate threat to Algeria is perceived as Israel and Europe (mainly France) somehow, not Morocco or Tunisia/lybia the neighbouring countries.
As far as corruption is concerned, I think the compromise reached with the Islamists comprised fighting that vice, since it was a very known fact that many high ranking generals and politicians were corrupt to the bones.

Contrary to the believe, Algeria does not have real ennemie so to speak, or regards any of what you listed above as ennemies, Algeria has just interest like do other countries...Isreal, despites we fought 2 wars with her, is not perceived as un ennemi, or for that matter Morrocco or France...
For the corruption, Algerian Islamists, from the simple guy in the street to the ministry level, are the one and the only one who introduced and instaured its culture in all stage of the society. Our general and high ranking member of the military are used are as scapegoat...

Like most militaries in the so called 'Muslim' world where Islamic Shariah is not implemented, this military is most likely to kill other Muslims, not any infidels. I would be shocked if these units would be successfully used against any infidels that are enemies of Muslims.

Can we see any indigenous weapons system developed and/or produced by Algeria?

Algerian forces are sworn to defend its country against all the foes be it foreign or domestic...Les adeptes de cette soit disante "sharia" aux mains d'illetres a tu e plus de musulmans. Just throw a look in what they did in libya and in Syria now and please don't tell me it was Kaddaffy or it the work of Assad...
The Day the fundamentalism attack Algeria, it was killed dead.

first algeria needs to go away from an unofficial french colony , i have seen many algerians had algerians friends , they are fed up of the algerian government , they say hes an agent of the french , they say algeria government supports france against turkey who said france should not hide the genocide , after oruc reis , barbaros hayredin pasa , there are real algerians aswell in government , i hope the best for algeria . just look at this

Algerian President Abdelaziz Bouteflika urged Foreign Minister Abdullah Gül to reanimate the system of the Ottoman Empire, reported NTV yesterday.Referring to the Ottoman Empire's sovereignty in Algeria in the past, Bouteflika told Gül during their

Algerian President Abdelaziz Bouteflika urged Foreign Minister Abdullah Gül to reanimate the system of the Ottoman Empire, reported NTV yesterday.
Referring to the Ottoman Empire's sovereignty in Algeria in the past, Bouteflika told Gül during their meeting over the weekend that Algerians didn't want the Ottoman Empire to leave their country, diplomatic sources told NTV. “Can't we together revive the strong and tolerant order of the Ottoman Empire?” Bouteflika asked Gül.
Bouteflika displayed Commonwealth countries as an example for this kind of projection and said that Algeria wants to be a gate to Africa for Turkey.

I HOPE ALGERIANS GIVE A GOOD LESSON TO FRENCH , HOPE THE BEST

I doubt that Bouteflika, had this duscussion with his Turkish counterpart. Algerian have a real bad taste of the turcs during the $ century presence in there country and have never ever taken turquie as the beacon of modernity that the moslem countries should blindly follow. Algerians admire countries with a spine and turquie was not one of them...The reality, if turquie was admired and turcs revered, Algerian would have learned turkish and kept speaking it to this day. That is not the case. The only thing that we remember that when the french debarqued in Sidi Ferruch, the day sold all the country for a safe passage to turquie...In the light of that, I can't even fathom that an Algerian president will lower himself to that level...It's pure fantasy or an inexistant illusion of grandeur of the writer...

Algerian Airforce is quite weak marginal opposition perhaps same level as Saddam Hussain`s Iraqi airforce

This is true for all the states who were seperated from Ottoman empire their airforce was never allowed to be fully developed

Egypt is some what exception but even their jets are `specially altered`versions of originals

Don't you think that your judgment is far fledged?
Irak had a great airforce and showed its prowesese against Iran and nato
Algeria fought 2 wars against the best of the air forces in the area and accomplished all their missions that was assigned to them with success with only loss and the pilote manged to bring back his badly damaged airplane to his homebase.
We have actually the best trained and experienced airforce in the area. Our pilot log the same amount of hours during their training than their counterpart of occident...
And probably you heard during the macth between Egypt and Algeria that was held in Khartoum Soudan, 15,000 fan were ferried in 48 hours and back without incident. That what it is called "projection of power" that only the powerful of today can manage. That what that little airforce could do in time of need....that what it's called, a little airforce that can...

3 reasons :

(1) the drone strikes occur with the tacit approval of Pakistan ! Its only for public consumption that these 'protests' are feigned !

(2) those helis were stealth helis & not a bloody Chinook !

(3) we have next to no radar cover or air-defenses on our Western Borders because Afghanistan poses no threat to Pakistan !

You are a nuclear power for god sake! If I'll bet you that israel or India, would not have permitted that respective country airspace be violated with impunity like that...I know very well, without being a nuclear power, Algeria will not let any power to act toward her in the manner that the us acted toward you.

Stealth or not stealth, and they were chinooks too, Your army should have been able to detect them, period! Like all the muslim armies, they were as usual sleeping a the wheel...Need to acknowledge, there is no need to hide the sun with a seeve.

[:::~Spartacus~:::];3646634 said:
those helis were stealth helis, the first in the business, and we still downed one heli during OBL raid, remember the crashed heli

reports are that pakistan engaged the helis, but due to some orders, the rest of helis were let go free, so no they didnt leave without arousing suspicion

also the matters you highlighted have more to do with politics of pakistan then say pakistan military capability

The helicopter crashed, whether it is stealth or not, the pakistani army should have been able to detect it...They were also chinooks that are more visible to the radar that were indetected...and top off all, they stayed 45 minutes, with all the firefights, helicopter engine noise and a final explosion , all that, near an army compound....

Back
Top Bottom