What's new

The 4 th PAK FA T50 prototype completes first long range flight

Evgeny

Reaction score
aW1nLWZvdGtpLnlhbmRleC5ydS9nZXQvNDEyMi8xNjcyMjk4Mj  IuMTQvMF9iMGZiMF80MTQxNzk0OF8tMi1YTC5qcGc_X19pZD0y  ODAxOQ==.jpg

MOSCOW, January 17 (RIA Novosti) - Russia's prototype fifth-generation Sukhoi T-50 fighter jet has carried out its first long-range flight during the transfer from a manufacturing plant in Russia’s Far East to an assigned airfield near Moscow, deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin said on Thursday.
“It is a serious breakthrough! The plane flew 7,000 kilometers (4,350 miles), making two landings, in Abakan and Chelyabinsk, on the way to the Russian capital,” Rogozin, who oversees the Russian defense industry, wrote in his Twitter blog.
The plane joined three other T-50 prototype models at the Zhukovsky airfield prior to state flight tests, which are scheduled to start in March 2013. The fifth prototype aircraft is being built at the Komsomolsk-on-Amur factory in Siberia.
The T-50, also known as project PAK-FA, first flew in January 2010 and was presented to the public at the Moscow Air Show in 2011.
The Russian Defense Ministry is planning to finish the state flight tests of eight prototypes by 2015, so that they could go into standard production in 2016.

cGJzLnR3aW1nLmNvbS9tZWRpYS9CQllMY1hHQ2NBQUNBMGIuan  BnOmxhcmdlP19faWQ9MjgwMTk=.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
there are talks of this beast having flat nozzles like the F-22, is this true or mere speculation?
also what about the new engine?

yeah! T 50 program seems to run like planed!

Cant wait to see the first prototype in India next year! :smitten:

Also, new armaments for PAK FA are being successfully tested at the moment. Х-31ПД, РВВ-МД, РВВ-СД and РВВ-БД rockets have been already tested. Now the Х-31АД is under tests.

d3d3LmktbWFzaC5ydS91cGxvYWRzL3Bvc3RzLzIwMTItMDEvMTMyNzQ3MDQ4Nl8wMDEuanBnP19faWQ9Mjc5NjQ=.jpg

Rockets mentioned:

c3RyaXpoLmZpbGVzLndvcmRwcmVzcy5jb20vMjAwOS8wOC8wOS1kMTgwZDBiMmQwYjItZDBiY2QwYjRkMTgxZDBiNC5qcGc_X19pZD0yNjg0NQ==.jpg

I just like this fighterplane very much,looks badazz.

Was'nt there some news on the papers about the prototypes comming to India by 2013 or was I day dreaming as usual. :)

Does anyone tell me the major differences between the FGFA and PAK FA?

Does anyone tell me the major differences between the FGFA and PAK FA?

Concept and equipment differences - FGFA was conceived to be a twin pilot operated fighter, while PAK FA has a single pilot, also India will have the usual indigenous + Israeli + French avionics on board - similar to the MKI.

Back
Top Bottom