What's new

Thar coal project achieves $2bn financial close after govt guarantee

In the mining industry the volume of waste rock above and between coal seams in an open-pit mine is commonly measured in bank cubic metres.

Removal of 7 cubic meters of rock does not appear to be much. I would say they have barely started. I am however astounded by the increase from $845-million to $7.7-billion? It is a nine fold increase! Why and how?

I am confused by this news. Neither the journalist nor the Chief Minister appear to know what they are really talking about.

Would anyone having inside connections with the SECMC please clarify a little so that idiots like me can understand what is the actual progress and why the need for nine fold increase from the original funding.

Sir, the more one examines the information being peddled, the more dubious it seems, but let them be happy. I can wait for the truth to be revealed, as it always is. $7.7 billion, and not a transmission line in sight. :D

work at thar block 2 is expected to switch to a higher gear within the last quarter of this year. SECM will be receiving more machinery from china.
But that is not the news, the news is that Dawood Hercules group is also installing a 660 MW plant at Thar. It would be in the same block 2 that has been allocated to SECM and will be adjacent to SECM plant site.
One needs to know that Dawood group is the majority share holder of Engro and their wind power plant erection / installation involved lots of man power from Engro. So economically this decision makes perfect sense and will also increase or polish the expertise of the local engineers.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom