What's new

Work on Thar coal project finally starts

Case in point: The wonderful Inaugural Plaque of the Iran-Pakistani pipeline, revealed with similar fanfare by President Zardari in the last days of his historic Presidency. How is the Iranian gas being supplied helping Pakistan's economy thus far? :D

so you are trying to say that the Oran Pakistan gas pipeline was never a good idea?
i tend to disagree. As far as i am concerned it is the typical pro-Saudi and anti Iran mentality of PMLN that is damaging this deal that would have been good for Pakistan

India has some of the biggest coal deposits in the world. But the irony is that we continue to import the damn thing due to gross mismanagement and corruption. Thanks to 10 years of Congress misrule and non governance.

Witg 29 blocks leased out last week for Oil and Gas Exploration and now this development ,i surely see foreign entities investing in the energy sector. BUT one yhing and foremost important thing has to be ensured is that, adequate security is provided to remote facilities

Witg 29 blocks leased out last week for Oil and Gas Exploration and now this development ,i surely see foreign entities investing in the energy sector. BUT one yhing and foremost important thing has to be ensured is that, adequate security is provided to remote facilities

For thar I can vouch for the security... Have visited it myself.

So any updates on this project?

It will generate electricity by early 2019.

Thar coal mining, power project to be completed before schedule

KARACHI - Thar coal mining and 660 MW power project in Thar block II will be completed ahead of the schedule.

The commissioning date is set at June 3, 2019. This was unveiled by Sindh Engro Coal Mining Company (SECMC) Chief, Shamsuddin Ahmed Shaikh while speaking at an Iftar dinner programme at Mithi town of Tharparkar, says Engro statement here on Wednesday.

“Despite declaring Gorano reservoir project technically and environmentally sound by the judicial committee of Sindh High Court, we are ready to talk to the protesters to remove their concerns which were created by misinformation,” Shaikh said.

Sharing the details of the coal mining project, SECMC Chief said the company had completed 40 percent of the mining and 33 percent progress on the power projects in 15 months after the financial closure achieved in April 2016.

The total duration envisaged for completion of the project was set at 42 months, but the pace of the work ensured of its completion in 38 months instead, he added.

Shamsuddin Shaikh said that he strongly believed, the benefits from the coal projects in Thar should go to the local people of Thar before the rest of the country. That’s why, he added, the company had started interventions in education, health, livelihood, and drinking water sectors for the people of the area and the schemes had already started benefiting the locales. Member of Sindh Assembly from district Tharparkar, Dr Mahesh Malani said that Thar coal block II project was one of the largest energy schemes of the country.
http://nation.com.pk/karachi/15-Jun...power-project-to-be-completed-before-schedule

Back
Top Bottom