What's new

Thank you Turkey! :)!

Çok Yaşa Pakistan-Turkiye kardeşliği :pakistan:
drapeaupayss.gif

Long live Pakistan-Turkiye brothership !

Armstrong, the way I see it we are only close to Pakistan or closer then to other Muslim countries because of secularism, Atatürk and Jinnah. And it offends me that some moron here claims that those 28% who have a negative opinion of Pakistan are probably "Kemalists" or "secularists".

Why should we be closer to you then to Syria, Iraq, Egypt? I mean they are Muslim to and we're culturally, historically and economically closer to them, then we are to Pakistan and yet many Turks couldn't care less about Iraq, Syria or Egypt (Arab spring aside). As you can see its not culturally, historically (we ruled the Middle East for a few centuries, have tons of things in common) or economically (we sell more goods to the Middle East). So now you tell me, why are we closer, why do we have a better relationship to Pakistan then to other countries?

I wont say it's 'cause of secularism, Jinnah was never secular at first place, the foundation of Pakistan was on Islamic ideology, totally opposite to what Modern Turkey was established on. Actually, forget Jinnah for a second and see, Allama Iqbal, widely respected in Turkey, he wasn't a secularist as well. He was pan Islamist. Still, you see, my point is, it's not Secularism and Islamic ideology or whatever, it's about how relations started and how they kept going on. Pakistan has a very special kind of policy for all the Islamic/Muslim countries, no matter what, always support them. That's the reason we are a state who has strong and brotherly relations with ALL Muslim countries, whether KSA, Iran, Turkey, Egypt, Bangladesh, Lebanon, Palestine and the list goes on.

I had a conversations with some Turkish friends about the role of Pakistan in Turkiye's History. Most of them replied that they actually received little to no education about the Muslim League or how Muslims in the British Raj armies sent to fight Ataturk switched sides.

Most recall Turkiye sending soldiers to S. Korea.

Most of them had been educated in Left-wing leaning schools. Can some Turks on this forum try to clarify some more?

Appreciated heavily.

What's most surprising is that in India 99% aren't saying Pakistan's influence is bad.
It's also quite surprising that in our own country about 13% are saying its a bad thing, lmao

gulfnews : Pakistan survey results vastly different to reality, expats say

Pakistan survey results vastly different to reality, expats say

It's time for a sea change in the media's portrayal of a country where the majority want peace

4190578766.jpg

Models present creations by Pakistani designer Ali Xeeshan at the PFDC L’Oreal Paris Bridal Fashion Week in Lahore, Pakistan last December.

Dubai A recent survey showed that an average of 56 per cent of the global population feel mainly negatively about Pakistan's influence in the world.

The 2011 BBC World Service Country Rating Poll, which surveys global perceptions about "16 major countries, plus the European Union", has confirmed for many Pakistanis that they are getting the short end of the stick around the world.

According to the latest polls, the positive perceptions of 13 of the 16 countries increased from last year, while Pakistan was among only three about which negative perceptions showed a marked upswing.

Overall, negative perceptions about Pakistan registered an average increase of five percentage points, making it the second most negatively viewed, just behind Iran.

Only an average of 17 per cent of the global population surveyed had mainly positive views about Pakistan. Of the countries surveyed, only Turkey had an overall positive image of Pakistan with 56 per cent positive and only 28 per cent negative.

The truth

As a Pakistani, I dump any such survey done outside the country as the work of spin doctors in media and marketing, and people living abroad, including expatriates, hardly know about the ground realities. You need to visit the country to find the truth.

And the truth is Pakistan is emerging as a moderate liberal country with the exception of a segment of hardcore extremists who have been fighting to influence society but will never succeed. Extremist groups have only ever won a few seats in elections because most Pakistani do not want them in power.

Pakistan's chief problem is bad press. Foreign television channels, newspapers and new agencies notwithstanding, even its own television channels and newspapers are in a race to flash negative news to the world.

Most of the 180 million people in Pakistan want peace but the less then one per cent with an extremist mindset are spoiling the image of the country. One bomb blast ruins dozens of other good news stories.

Yes, there are incidents of kidnapping for ransom, murders for money, corruption, mugging and so on but this is synonymous with any third world country. We should not forget that Pakistan is an emerging market for fashion designers with models presenting a soft image of the country.

Talented women

The country has talented women like Afra Karim, the youngest Microsoft certified engineer, Sharmeen Obaid Chinoy who won the first Oscar for Pakistan, and Zoha Abdullah Malek, who topped O-Level examinations in biology the world over.

And don't forget the late Benazir Bhutto who was the first female prime minister and chairperson of the largest political party in the country.

The country is buzzing with bands, concerts and fashion shows while dozens of theatres come alive every night. Restaurants are full to capacity and traffic jams in big cities like Karachi and Lahore are evidence of prosperity and success.

The people of Pakistan don't want to live in isolation any more.

All we need to do to is portray a positive image. The mantra of Pakistani, either in the country or living abroad, should be to change their mindset and start loving their country.

If this happens, international poll ratings will be reversed.

Thanks for what?????????

---------- Post added at 02:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 AM ----------

common opinion in PAKISTAN is that Turks just love us but 56%...............................
strange and disappointing.

---------- Post added at 02:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 AM ----------

Thəorətic Muslim;2662974 said:
I had a conversations with some Turkish friends about the role of Pakistan in Turkiye's History. Most of them replied that they actually received little to no education about the Muslim League or how Muslims in the British Raj armies sent to fight Ataturk switched sides.

Most recall Turkiye sending soldiers to S. Korea.

Most of them had been educated in Left-wing leaning schools. Can some Turks on this forum try to clarify some more?

Appreciated heavily.
??????????????????????????????

---------- Post added at 02:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 AM ----------

Now that is what I call LOVE

no one loves you like we do :pakistan:
who is asking u to love us?:coffee:

---------- Post added at 02:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 AM ----------

dont know what exactly you try to imply by saying " Kemalist " but even here in PDF a great majorty of Turkish members have no problem with Mustafa Kemal and respect him (as one of them I love Pakistan) like most of the Pakistani people for instance Muhammad Ali Jinnah !
what do you mean by 'MUHAMMAD ALI JINNAH'?

turks and azerbaijani..turkmanistani ppl are very friendly as compare to arabs but in arab ppl belong to. egypt.labnan ..syria are most friendly as compare to UAE.KSA

wouldn't say Kemalists hate Pakistan. CHP, can be as they are more of a choice for the people living in the west coast of Turkey.

poll's dont show the true reality, it is based on some peoples thoughts and reflected as a communities voice.

for example, here in Norway. if you asked a man from Oslo about what he thinks about Pakistanis the respons would be much more negative than if the same question was asked in the Northen Parts of Norway like Finnmark county.

i love my Pakistani brothers! :smitten:
And what about Pakistani sisters?:lol:

that's bukwas by me.definitely bukwas.

---------- Post added at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 AM ----------

56% is still a very high percentage with all that negative propaganda campaign in media for Pakistan, besides I think that even positive view for today's Turkey will not be higher than 56% if you ask Turks.
its not high in a muslim majority state.

---------- Post added at 02:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 AM ----------

@rabia kashmiri

hey this is not romantic at all :lol:
who told you that i was writing something regarding romance.astaghfirullah,mazALLAH,naouzubillah.

---------- Post added at 03:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 AM ----------

enough to love Pakistan and Bangladesh!
explanation..........................................

And what about Pakistani sisters?:lol:

as i said, a poll doesn't reflect the majority of the people.

here is how a "polling" goes:

- some people is asked in the street

- yes or no

- portrayed as the voice of 70 million people

get it?

poll's dont show the true reality, it is based on some peoples thoughts and reflected as a communities voice.

i would say yes i love my Pakistani sisters to, but you know what they do when you hang around someones daughter without permission! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom