What's new

Thank you Turkey! :)!

RayKalm

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BELOW

http://gulfnews.com/news/world/paki...stly-different-to-reality-expats-say-1.989303

turkish-pakistan-flag.jpg

4190578766.jpg

Models present creations by Pakistani designer Ali Xeeshan at the PFDC L’Oreal Paris Bridal Fashion Week in Lahore, Pakistan last December.

Dubai A recent survey showed that an average of 56 per cent of the global population feel mainly negatively about Pakistan's influence in the world.

The 2011 BBC World Service Country Rating Poll, which surveys global perceptions about "16 major countries, plus the European Union", has confirmed for many Pakistanis that they are getting the short end of the stick around the world.

According to the latest polls, the positive perceptions of 13 of the 16 countries increased from last year, while Pakistan was among only three about which negative perceptions showed a marked upswing.

Overall, negative perceptions about Pakistan registered an average increase of five percentage points, making it the second most negatively viewed, just behind Iran.

Only an average of 17 per cent of the global population surveyed had mainly positive views about Pakistan. Of the countries surveyed, only Turkey had an overall positive image of Pakistan with 56 per cent positive and only 28 per cent negative.

Out of all the bad press we've gotten, you have stood by us, and not buy into the negative perceptions created against us. Once again, thank you :). :smitten:

Turkish & Pakistan Air Forces 2011 ( Long Lasting Brotherhood ) - YouTube

President Gül's visit to Pakistan 2010. Welcome & Horse Show in Lahore - YouTube

56% of Turks surveyed had a positive view of Pakistan, 28% had a negative view of Pakistan. I thought the percentage of positive would be much higher, at least in the 80% column. The remaining 16% percentage must have been neutral or undecided.

Though there is no need to thank the Turks simply because 56% have a positive view of Pakistan, a majority of Pakistan has a positive view of Turkiye as well. If anything this has suggested a decline in favorable status, or perhaps it's just this particular poll. I'm not sure of their sample size, but other polls I've read before showed Pakistan was overwhelmingly favored in Turkiye. This is the lowest positive view of Pakistan I've seen a survey had for Turkish view of Pakistan.

56% of Turks surveyed had a positive view of Pakistan, 28% had a negative view of Pakistan. I thought the percentage of positive would be much higher, at least in the 80% column. The remaining 16% percentage must have been neutral or undecided.

Though there is no need to thank the Turks simply because 56% have a positive view of Pakistan, a majority of Pakistan has a positive view of Turkiye as well. If anything this has suggested a decline in favorable status, or perhaps it's just this particular poll. I'm not sure of their sample size, but other polls I've read before showed Pakistan was overwhelmingly favored in Turkiye. This is the lowest positive view of Pakistan I've seen a survey had for Turkish view of Pakistan.

56% is still a very high percentage with all that negative propaganda campaign in media for Pakistan, besides I think that even positive view for today's Turkey will not be higher than 56% if you ask Turks.

I think the main problem with how people view Pakistan is directly linked to that no positive news seems to come out of Pakistan. I think it's very damn important to exaggerate all the good things being done. That's how the western countries get through life, by focusing on the good things they're doing.

Turkey is located in a crossroad (so to say) so we know not to jump on the bandwagon of western news.

imo, this %28 negative view belongs to who became "americanization" people.. irrevelant to outer country, cant show turkey and pakistan on the map, simple lives, arrogant..

imo, this %28 negative view belongs to who became "americanization" people.. irrevelant to outer country, cant show turkey and pakistan on the map, simple lives, arrogant..

Yes... generalize and insult %28 of population... Because thats sooooo sophisticated.... You call them arragond people who lives simple lives and if you can't see the irony here I am deeply sorry for you and your future...

56% is still a very high percentage with all that negative propaganda campaign in media for Pakistan, besides I think that even positive view for today's Turkey will not be higher than 56% if you ask Turks.

56% is still a good percentage, no doubt about it but dont blame media.Media reproduce what it see.Media cannot hide killing of minorities,daily bomb blasts in Pakistan, involvement of Pakistanis in terror activities.People perception is based on what they see in media.Why media dont say anything against Turkey ? Reason is simple that people of Turkey or as a country Turkey is not involved in all this...

Trust me I dont have anything against Pakistan & Pakistanis but this is the ultimate truth that there are rogue elements out there who are giving bad name to Pakistanis and it is the role of establishment and people out there to prove it otherwise.

56% is still a good percentage, no doubt about it but dont blame media.Media reproduce what it see.Media cannot hide killing of minorities,daily bomb blasts in Pakistan, involvement of Pakistanis in terror activities.People perception is based on what they see in media.Why media dont say anything against Turkey ? Reason is simple that people of Turkey or as a country Turkey is not involved in all this...

Trust me I dont have anything against Pakistan & Pakistanis but this is the ultimate truth that there are rogue elements out there who are giving bad name to Pakistanis and it is the role of establishment and people out there to prove it otherwise.

Don't act too smart when you are not. Every one knows today media is used for propaganda campaigns. Pakistan refused to bow in front of Western nations so it is obvious they will launch propaganda against Pakistan. Any foreign journalists or tourists who came to Pakistan has confirmed that Pakistan is nothing what they says in western media. Multiple articles are on the internet for ignorents.

Don't act too smart when you are not. Every one knows today media is used for propaganda campaigns. Pakistan refused to bow in front of Western nations so it is obvious they will launch propaganda against Pakistan. Any foreign journalists or tourists who came to Pakistan has confirmed that Pakistan is nothing what they says in western media. Multiple articles are on the internet for ignorents.

tbh I am more smart than you and I need not to prove it.I have seen all this in my country that is the reason why I dont like seeing you crying foul over here.You hold hand of every other country and then ditch em.go through your history of 64 yrs and you ll come to know about it.Instead of teaching me look where you were wrong and fix it if you are so much concerned about what the world think about you ?

Yes... generalize and insult %28 of population... Because thats sooooo sophisticated.... You call them arragond people who lives simple lives and if you can't see the irony here I am deeply sorry for you and your future...

i respect you disagree, it was my opinion/analysis :) please stop being sorry about futures of people who has opinions you dont like, i will manage to survive ;)

We must understand how surveys are slanted and questions in the surveys are posed in a way to force the respondents in a way that can be construed as negative. Also, was the survey conducted scientifically with overall Turkish population taken as the universe from which the samples were drawn. This kind of manipulation occurs all the time so please dont read too much into this Survey. I can conduct the same survey in most of Turkeys rural areas and the positive rating would be as high as 90%, or I could go to survey Turkish students in the most westernized Turkish University and the positive rating would be much lower. You have to understand that there are Turkish people who think of themselves as Europeans and want nothing to do with Islamic countries, even though after trying for 40+ years to join European Union, Turkey is still not a member of EU. The Europeans think of Turkey as a Muslim country and do not consider them Europeans.

To be honest, I thought the 28% may have been Kemalist and CHP types...

Back
Top Bottom