What's new

‘Thank you, my dear Pakistan’

Peoples say this country give them noting..

I say who love Pakistan in reward Pakistan give them every thing...
It is another issue that some time corruption weak the sectors but hard working peoples gain good reward..
i encourage this post of self story...
Poverty it self no the bad thing. our behavior and self creating justifying the environment we want to create..May be i did serve my time as hard but if person do struggle he will be achieve good remarks if there is no corruption or bad forces existing...
A good examples in this regard we all see the history of America when there are criminal peoples and those who are over through by their homeland,s. Thus they strive for their development now America is the Super Power.. Second Example is China..:smokin:

The boy who earned Rs25 a day in 1962 was receiving Rs133,000 a month in 2012. Now, I am receiving a pension of Rs55,000 a month.

I do have a question:

25x30=750 rupees per month in 1962 was enough for a comfortable and secure life. Can the same be said of 55-133k per month in 2012?

I do have a question:

25x30=750 rupees per month in 1962 was enough for a comfortable and secure life. Can the same be said of 55-133k per month in 2012?

55k as pension, yes in my opinion.

And earning 133k in your heyday, while also being the principal (accommodation included most probably, car maybe), would be a comfortable enough life.

That is my opinion, although i'll admit I have been settled in Gulf for 3 years, but do visit back often.

55k as pension, yes in my opinion.

And earning 133k in your heyday, while also being the principal (accommodation included most probably, car maybe), would be a comfortable enough life.

That is my opinion, although i'll admit I have been settled in Gulf for 3 years, but do visit back often.

Comfort, may be. What about security of life and possessions?

Comfort, may be. What about security of life and possessions?

Well, he is getting 50k pension. And he was a principal, so I guess his children might be well settled, so that is a healthy amount IMO.

But then again, everybody's circumstances are different.

Well, he is getting 50k pension. And he was a principal, so I guess his children might be well settled, so that is a healthy amount IMO.

But then again, everybody's circumstances are different.

Yes, but what about the matter of being secure, in addition to being comfortable.

From the 60s to now has been quite the change in Pakistan.

Yes, but what about the matter of being secure, in addition to being comfortable.

From the 60s to now has been quite the change in Pakistan.

Please expand regarding secure?

A salary of 133k per month and a pension of 55k, thats something majority of Pakistani's can only dream of earning. At my factory, on average i pay my labourers 15k per month and the salary for the skilled staff varies from 40k to 80k. They are quite contempt with this amount. At the end of the day what boils down to is what sort of lifestyle are you contempt with. One of my really good friend owns a packaging plant and makes around 15 lakh rupees per month from it, that is not enough for him and he cannot stop bit**ing about how less he makes.

Please expand regarding secure?

A salary of 133k per month and a pension of 55k, thats something majority of Pakistani's can only dream of earning. At my factory, on average i pay my labourers 15k per month and the salary for the skilled staff varies from 40k to 80k. They are quite contempt with this amount. At the end of the day what boils down to is what sort of lifestyle are you contempt with. One of my really good friend owns a packaging plant and makes around 15 lakh rupees per month from it, that is not enough for him and he cannot stop bit**ing about how less he makes.

I was referring to "secure" as "free from risk of loss", i.e. freedom of fear of losing life, limb and/or possessions, specially with regards to the law and order situation and the justice system shambles. Things have gone from bad to worse over the last few years, and certainly nothing like how good it was in the 60s.

I was referring to "secure" as "free from risk of loss", i.e. freedom of fear of losing life, limb and/or possessions, specially with regards to the law and order situation and the justice system shambles. Things have gone from bad to worse over the last few years, and certainly nothing like how good it was in the 60s.

50k or 300k, you don't have any guarantee about your life or limb, anytime, anywhere.

In Islamabad, a man with 40k monthly salary, let alone as pension, would be feeling safe. Same might be said about general areas of Lahore and other cities. Don't know about Sindh (probable residence of the man), because I don't have any experience of living there, except a few visits to the cantt.

That is unless you choose to go into Waziristan!!!

I still didn't get your question though. You mean like having a bodyguard on your back, or getting a house in DHA or Bahria, or ....???

Sorry for being a bit blunt but that is one stupid assertion

Can you name me a country that will guarantee me a secure life free from any risk of loss. Unless i lock myself inside a room, hazards exist everywhere. There is no way to guarantee that if i move to Denmark, i won't get hit by a bus or i might get mugged. No doubt the law and order situation has detoriated in the last couple of decades, but we all take the necessary precautionary steps to keep ourselves safe. It appears that you have been living in the US for way to long my man, your starting to think like them. We in Pakistan are quite happy and contempt with our lives, we thank Allah for his blessings :).

Sorry for being a bit blunt but that is one stupid assertion

Can you name me a country that will guarantee me a secure life free from any risk of loss. Unless i lock myself inside a room, hazards exist everywhere. There is no way to guarantee that if i move to Denmark, i won't get hit by a bus or i might get mugged. No doubt the law and order situation has detoriated in the last couple of decades, but we all take the necessary precautionary steps to keep ourselves safe. It appears that you have been living in the US for way to long my man, your starting to think like them. We in Pakistan are quite happy and contempt with our lives, we thank Allah for his blessings :).

To reply frankly, you have missed my point entirely and spouted off on a tangent.

I was asking the question with reference to this quote:

The boy who earned Rs25 a day in 1962 was receiving Rs133,000 a month in 2012. Now, I am receiving a pension of Rs55,000 a month.

And my point was that although his salary rose tremendously, all is not peaches and roses, given the relative deterioration of the law and order situation from the 60s to the present day within Pakistan.

How likely is one to get mugged or home invaded in Copenhagen compared to Karachi these days?

My being abroad has nothing to do with my observation.

PS: There is a difference between "content"" and "contempt".

To reply frankly, you have missed my point entirely and spouted off on a tangent.

I was asking the question with reference to this quote:

And my point was that although his salary rose tremendously, all is not peaches and roses, given the relative deterioration of the law and order situation from the 60s to the present day within Pakistan.

How likely is one to get mugged or home invaded in Copenhagen compared to Karachi these days?

My being abroad has nothing to do with my observation.

Indeed all is not rosy but its quite obvious that his life is much better today than it was in the 60's. Law and Order Situation has indeed detiroriated, but you are just raising a straw man's argument to inflame the topic. If he was unhappy with his life than he would have never written this letter to the editor. I wil say it again, you are just raising a straw man's argument just for the heck of it.

PS: There is a difference between "content"" and "contempt".

Thanks for pointing that out. Being awake straight for 38 hours can do that to you.

It is because of such people (and institutions) where something called merit still exists that we are able to survive as of today, or else Saeen babas would already have distributed everything this country has to offer and settled else where.

I do have a question:

Just find out what was the price of Gold back then and you'll calculate if it was sufficient or not.

As he getting 55K as pension, yes may be he can linger on with his life, but 133K is not something with which one can coup up his major requirements like marriage of children, purchase of house etc. However if we consider that he was not moving place to place (like military personnel) and that he should have had a sarkari accommodation from the college side, i think one can manage well with 133K a month.

Indeed all is not rosy but its quite obvious that his life is much better today than it was in the 60's. Law and Order Situation has indeed detiroriated, but you are just raising a straw man's argument to inflame the topic. If he was unhappy with his life than he would have never written this letter to the editor. I wil say it again, you are just raising a straw man's argument just for the heck of it.

If one accepts that the law and order situation has deteriorated, then my point stands. Overall, I agree with you that the letter does indeed tell an inspiring story, one worth mentioning, hence why I posted it to begin with. However, one must also keep other aspects in mind, that is all.

Thanks for pointing that out. Being awake straight for 38 hours can do that to you.

The lack of sleep would explain irritability in addition to language mistakes I guess. All is forgiven, Sir! :D

Back
Top Bottom