What's new

Thailand Southern Muslim Insergencies

The Pattani people are Malay, not Thai, they don't want to be Thai, they want to speak Malay, not Thai. Thailand annexed them by force. They asked for autonomy, Thailand refused, so........ they fight.

If Thailand wants to end the fighting and the problems, give them independence as they deserve, otherwise the killing will go on. Thailand created the problem, now Thailand gets the Karma, simple as that. By the way, the Thai army is not shy at all when it comes to killing civilians.

Instead of complaining about the consequences, I suggest you look at the causes of the conflict.

Contrary to what you said, most Lanna people see themselves as Lanna first, Thai second and most people in the northeast see themselves as Lao first since they know very well that they are treated as second class citizens by most Bangkok people. That's why there are many calls lately for separatism from those regions. There is a big political divide between the north / northeast people and the Bangkok / South establishment and I think you know that very well.

Vietnam also annexed Koh Tral, and do land grab Saigon from Cambodia. Vietnam 500 years ago total annexed, and masarce all the Hindu cultured country/nation of Jampa. China annexed long time ago with Tibet. Chengkiskhan of ancient Mongol annexed numerous kingdoms/civilizations. US destroyed Native American and take their lands as her homeland. Spanish conquested ancient civilization/kingdom of Aztec,Maya. Well the list goes on.... All of these are done by force.
Sometime I like to listen to each nation's national anthem and what it means. Surprisingly they are very violent with blood in common.
In my personal opinion, we can't let go Pattani Province. We, thai, are not afraid of fighting to protect our national integrity, same as other nations. However, we are peace loving and Bhuddist country. We don't want to kill any innocent persons/group, even convicted person's relative. One of these bastard's mother who bomb/killed innocent people openly say she support what her son is doing to Thai newspaper. Do you see how we Bhuddist are resilient about those people. Should it be China, mother and father would have been caught as well.
Vietnamese, you still don't know how these muslim insurgent do to normal people. Shan state is also our race. They are trying to declare independence from Myanmar. They never kill innocent Myanmese/or bomb Yangkoon. They just fight the Myanmar army. What Vietnam do to US is different. Since all US person came to Vietnam war are soldiers or operation support stuff, they are all considered as Army of the enemy. These insurgents do differently. They do like other muslim terrorists in the world.

Vietnamese, you still don't know how these muslim insurgent do to normal people. Shan state is also our race. They are trying to declare independence from Myanmar. They never kill innocent Myanmese/or bomb Yangkoon. They just fight the Myanmar army. What Vietnam do to US is different. Since all US person came to Vietnam war are soldiers or operation support stuff, they are all considered as Army of the enemy. These insurgents do differently. They do like other muslim terrorists in the world.

This is not the best place for Thailand people to talk about Muslim without a good balance. PDF is like a place where many Muslim from around the world gather. Indonesian, Pakistani, Arabs, Turkish, Iranian, Bangladeshi are here. We are all well informed about geopolitics. Bringing negativity about Muslim to this site can only damage Thailand image in the Muslim world, but we are open for any non-biased discussion.

Last edited:
Leave her.She is another islamic fascist who can only see the world as muslim and kuffr.
and you proved to be blind coz all non Thai posts got removed! Talk about yourself please!

Aight bro, let's hope it stays clean in here. I'm really getting tired of these "bash islam, bash muslims" threads popping up.
hehehe welcome to the forum
No matter what the thread is about...it will derail to Muslims in 1 way or the other...You are lucky this one was actually about Muslims ;)

Vietnam also annexed Koh Tral, and do land grab Saigon from Cambodia. Vietnam 500 years ago total annexed, and masarce all the Hindu cultured country/nation of Jampa. China annexed long time ago with Tibet. Chengkiskhan of ancient Mongol annexed numerous kingdoms/civilizations. US destroyed Native American and take their lands as her homeland. Spanish conquested ancient civilization/kingdom of Aztec,Maya. Well the list goes on.... All of these are done by force.
Sometime I like to listen to each nation's national anthem and what it means. Surprisingly they are very violent with blood in common.
In my personal opinion, we can't let go Pattani Province. We, thai, are not afraid of fighting to protect our national integrity, same as other nations. However, we are peace loving and Bhuddist country. We don't want to kill any innocent persons/group, even convicted person's relative. One of these bastard's mother who bomb/killed innocent people openly say she support what her son is doing to Thai newspaper. Do you see how we Bhuddist are resilient about those people. Should it be China, mother and father would have been caught as well.
Fair enough...

But again you failed to see the root cause!

When an army is asked to do the "peace talk" and given the budget to develop such areas...the language of the army mind you is not one that brings peace esp one that is well known for their coup d'état

where 70% is going for these insurgents rather than help building

Where the population faces discrimination and is in poverty + underdeveloped area

Where instead of integrating all this is causing the population to side those who will fight for their independence in the hope to get away from all this!

Only way is to remove the army and go to people level and try developing their area IF that doesnt work THEN you can say they are whatever you want to call them! :enjoy:

No one wants to fight but everyone wants to be treated fairly...

First of all, I'm not Vietnamese, I'm Spanish and I used to live in Thailand until recently. I know very well what's going on in Thailand and I know Thai people very well. I also understand muslims very well.

Nothing that you have said provides a solution to the problem in Pattani, so the war will go on.

Please explain why the "Buddhist and peaceful loving Thai people" exploit migrants (mainly from Burma) as slave labor in the Thai fishing boats where they get worked to death and then they get thrown into the sea when they are sick and can't work anymore? The Royal Thai Navy, Thai police and the Thai Immigration service are all involved. That situation has being going on for many years. Or why the Royal Thai Navy routinely catch boats with migrants and towed them to the high sea leaving them there to die? I'm glad they are peaceful Buddhist Thais, I don't want to think what they would do if they would be bad people then.

Or why during the red shirt protests in Bangkok a few years ago, when a group of unarmed people took refuge in a Buddhist temple, why some Buddhist soldiers shot and murder them (including nurses that were taking care of them) from a bridge overlooking the temple?

I saw an unarmed protester myself, just a man standing there holding a sign and all of a sudden.... bang...... shot to the head by an army sniper. Nice peace loving Buddhist soldiers, same ones that also kill civilians in the south, but that doesn't get reported in the Thai newspapers or it gets reported as "insurgents getting killed" or people "missing".

Thai culture requires that people be very polite, always smile, save face and allow others to save face, don't get angry, don't make others angry, try to resolve everything by talking, please everybody, etc, etc, etc, that's "Thainess" but underneath that mask, a fake mask most often, Thai people are as bad, ruthless and barbaric as anybody else can be and the facts on the ground show it very clearly.

Typical Thai Buddhist goes to the temple once in a while to pray to win the lottery or go when they have a problem, other than that, they don't think much of Buddhism; very few people in Thailand live according to the Buddhist teachings. Thai people love to build temples and carry Buddhist amulets for protection, but they don't go much further than that. Sorry Krap, but that's reality, welcome to the real world.

Like I said, I know Thai people very well.

Last edited:
Malaysian government got a dirty hands in this conflict when sided with the extremist in Pattani and giving them military training and logistics supports. And surely they doesn't acknowledge this, but as we know the Malaysian has a vested interest to support some Islamic rebellious activity near their border namely GAM in Aceh, Moro Islamic Liberation Front in Southern Philippine and this ones. But once their intention and activity in the region has been hijacked by Jamaah Islamiyah cell, the Malaysian government was turning their support off and going to eliminate the evidence in those clandestine activity.

Why are some people from neighboring muslims dominated states or history of waring against Thailand here defending or trying to jusify the gruesome targeting and slaughter of hundreds of innocent civilians? The civilians are carefully targeted and don't afraid of slaughtering some unarmed woman or child.

Blaming the Thai government for this invisible"oppression" and "bad treatment" are no justification for bloody crimes against hundreds of innocent people. This is utmost primitive and inhuman behavior by some foum user here.

and you proved to be blind coz all non Thai posts got removed! Talk about yourself please!

hehehe welcome to the forum
No matter what the thread is about...it will derail to Muslims in 1 way or the other...You are lucky this one was actually about Muslims ;)
First of all, I'm not Vietnamese, I'm Spanish and I used to live in Thailand until recently. I know very well what's going on in Thailand and I know Thai people very well. I also understand muslims very well.

Nothing that you have said provides a solution to the problem in Pattani, so the war will go on.

Please explain why the "Buddhist and peaceful loving Thai people" exploit migrants (mainly from Burma) as slave labor in the Thai fishing boats where they get worked to death and then they get thrown into the sea when they are sick and can't work anymore? The Royal Thai Navy, Thai police and the Thai Immigration service are all involved. That situation has being going on for many years. Or why the Royal Thai Navy routinely catch boats with migrants and towed them to the high sea leaving them there to die? I'm glad they are peaceful Buddhist Thais, I don't want to think what they would do if they would be bad people then.

Or why during the red shirt protests in Bangkok a few years ago, when a group of unarmed people took refuge in a Buddhist temple, why some Buddhist soldiers shot and murder them (including nurses that were taking care of them) from a bridge overlooking the temple?

I saw an unarmed protester myself, just a man standing there holding a sign and all of a sudden.... bang...... shot to the head by an army sniper. Nice peace loving Buddhist soldiers, same ones that also kill civilians in the south, but that doesn't get reported in the Thai newspapers or it gets reported as "insurgents getting killed" or people "missing".

Thai culture requires that people be very polite, always smile, save face and allow others to save face, don't get angry, don't make others angry, try to resolve everything by talking, please everybody, etc, etc, etc, that's "Thainess" but underneath that mask, a fake mask most often, Thai people are as bad, ruthless and barbaric as anybody else can be and the facts on the ground show it very clearly.

Typical Thai Buddhist goes to the temple once in a while to pray to win the lottery or go when they have a problem, other than that, they don't think much of Buddhism; very few people in Thailand live according to the Buddhist teachings. Thai people love to build temples and carry Buddhist amulets for protection, but they don't go much further than that. Sorry Krap, but that's reality, welcome to the real world.

Like I said, I know Thai people very well.

- I am support of red shirts. I felt like one of us got kill. I am not happy with that.
- Bhuddism is a theory. It is a theory what we should do. Theories happened when it is difficult to implement in real life. However, it guides us not to kill living things. How can we survive without killing animals for food? Therefore, it is theory for us to be good. How couldn't we kill the occupies that occupy our homeland aka. enemy? We belief that we must be good people. How to define "good people"? It is defined by Bhudda's teaching.
- Thailand is a big issue. Please refer to your research on how immigrants are badly treated. I have been here my whole life I don't know. Coz during my life time, I never go up on any finshing boat. Have you? How many days? How many immigrants have you interview? Where are the statistics?
- Royal Thai Navy routinely catch boats with migrants and towed them to the high sea leaving them there to die?
Foreigner keep blaming us on our humanitarians but not offer their country for these people to migrate. If you are so humanitarians why don't you let these people migrate to your country? Thailand will be more than happy to do humanitarian arrangement.
Why don't we do it? We did it. A lot. Really really really a lot.
You see, during these 40 years, how many war migrants had we save? Cambodian camps freeing from Cambodia killing field, South Vietnamese migrants leaving Vietnam after the fall of Saigon, and the oppression of the Communist system. Numerous minority groups from Myanmar who escape the war between minority militants and the myanmar military government. Hmong Lao who support Lao King freed from Lao once communist Lao took over. Malaysia Chinese rebels who rebelled against malaysia government, now in Betong province. We feed them with Thai rice for free? I acknowledge a good will from US, Australia, and other western countries that help these migrants relocate to their land. I acknowledge a good will from UNHSC that provided money and management.
However, come with these migrants are potential enemy. During vietnam war, we are afraid that these boat migrants are actually soldiers. We are afraid that Rohingya will join the Pattani insurgencies. Do you really care about our problems? In our region, Thailand has been save haven for many groups since ancient time. Chinese migrants for better life. Mon migrants because the country of Mon was destroyed. Even the Thai themself was the migrants from the collapse of Nanzhao kingdom by Mongol. We did good enough about migrants. We also need to be selective as well.
You are correct about Thailand not that very strongly religous in Bhuddism. Bhudda used to say that "Do not belief the sentences because who spoke it was Bhudda himself". That means you can half belief Bhudda and still called Bhuddist.

Fair enough...

But again you failed to see the root cause!

When an army is asked to do the "peace talk" and given the budget to develop such areas...the language of the army mind you is not one that brings peace esp one that is well known for their coup d'état

where 70% is going for these insurgents rather than help building

Where the population faces discrimination and is in poverty + underdeveloped area

Where instead of integrating all this is causing the population to side those who will fight for their independence in the hope to get away from all this!

Only way is to remove the army and go to people level and try developing their area IF that doesnt work THEN you can say they are whatever you want to call them! :enjoy:

No one wants to fight but everyone wants to be treated fairly...

May be ur right.

What kinds of policies does the Kingdom of Thailand enact that cause so much opposition from the southern Thais? As far as I know, the southern provinces are composed of Malays, are they not?

Sorry for late reply. Islam is religious of peace. You google this. and you know. There are always excuse.

Last edited:
Why are some people from neighboring muslims dominated states or history of waring against Thailand here defending or trying to jusify the gruesome targeting and slaughter of hundreds of innocent civilians? The civilians are carefully targeted and don't afraid of slaughtering some unarmed woman or child.
I am not defending or justifying anything but we are showing the other side of the story...The side that never got acknowledged!
Blaming the Thai government for this invisible"oppression" and "bad treatment" are no justification for bloody crimes against hundreds of innocent people. This is utmost primitive and inhuman behavior by some foum user here.
So your stand is if the govt oppresses you, neglects to develop your region after annexing it and sends army to do development work....the people should just keep quiet and take it in? Which area on the planet is doing what you are asking? Mind you asking the oppressed to hush down is very primitive and inhuman behavior!

Malaysian government got a dirty hands in this conflict when sided with the extremist in Pattani and giving them military training and logistics supports. And surely they doesn't acknowledge this, but as we know the Malaysian has a vested interest to support some Islamic rebellious activity near their border namely GAM in Aceh, Moro Islamic Liberation Front in Southern Philippine and this ones. But once their intention and activity in the region has been hijacked by Jamaah Islamiyah cell, the Malaysian government was turning their support off and going to eliminate the evidence in those clandestine activity.

It sure backfired on them during the Sulu situation in Sabah recently, didn't it? The very forces they trained and gave financial support struck them with their pants down.

Whatever the case, it's good that at least for the time being Kuala Lumpur and Manila have finally agreed to work out border issues , and the peace accord between Bangsamoro elements and the Philippine government will, GOD WILLING, find closure in Mindanao. Inshallah,..!

- I am support of red shirts. I felt like one of us got kill. I am not happy with that.
good to know..But what about what the military themselves do in Pattani...How many in Thailand are aware of it? Just an honest question...Mind you I have been to Bangkok many times as a toursit but never to actually live there so I dont know much ground reality there....or the amount of awareness...
- Bhuddism is a theory. It is a theory what we should do. Theories happened when it is difficult to implement in real life. However, it guides us not to kill living things. How can we survive without killing animals for food? Therefore, it is theory for us to be good. How couldn't we kill the occupies that occupy our homeland aka. enemy? We belief that we must be good people. How to define "good people"? It is defined by Bhudda's teaching.
Every religion preaches good...if it preaches violence it is usually defined as a cult!
- Thailand is a big issue. Please refer to your research on how immigrants are badly treated. I have been here my whole life I don't know. Coz during my life time, I never go up on any finshing boat. Have you? How many days? How many immigrants have you interview? Where are the statistics?
I never brought this in so I am going to assume it is for the other person you quoted.
- Royal Thai Navy routinely catch boats with migrants and towed them to the high sea leaving them there to die?
Foreigner keep blaming us on our humanitarians but not offer their country for these people to migrate. If you are so humanitarians why don't you let these people migrate to your country? Thailand will be more than happy to do humanitarian arrangement.
It is easier to talk than take action I agree
Why don't we do it? We did it. A lot. Really really really a lot.
You see, during these 40 years, how many war migrants had we save? Cambodian camps freeing from Cambodia killing field, South Vietnamese migrants leaving Vietnam after the fall of Saigon, and the oppression of the Communist system. Numerous minority groups from Myanmar who escape the war between minority militants and the myanmar military government. Hmong Lao who support Lao King freed from Lao once communist Lao took over. Malaysia Chinese rebels who rebelled against malaysia government, now in Betong province. We feed them with Thai rice for free?
You feed rebels for free? :unsure: Sorry am not aware of this bit the rest I acknowledge yes Thailand did its fair share!
I acknowledge a good will from US, Australia, and other western countries that help these migrants relocate to their land. I acknowledge a good will from UNHSC that provided money and management.
However, come with these migrants are potential enemy. During vietnam war, we are afraid that these boat migrants are actually soldiers. We are afraid that Rohingya will join the Pattani insurgencies. Do you really care about our problems? In our region, Thailand has been save haven for many groups since ancient time. Chinese migrants for better life. Mon migrants because the country of Mon was destroyed. Even the Thai themself was the migrants from the collapse of Nanzhao kingdom by Mongol. We did good enough about migrants. We also need to be selective as well.
You are correct about Thailand not that very strongly religous in Bhuddism. Bhudda used to say that "Do not belief the sentences because who spoke it was Bhudda himself". That means you can half belief Bhudda and still called Bhuddist.
Ok since I didnt bring this in I am going to assume it is not for me...
May be ur right.
I am more than happy to discuss it ...but as I mentioned earlier I dont have ground level knowledge of the country as I have only been there several times as a tourist...

Sorry for late reply. Islam is religious of peace. You google this. and you know. There are always excuse.
Sorry did not understand the context of your last sentence...

GOD WILLING, find closure in Mindanao. Inshallah,..!
Where are you actually from? :unsure: I cant seem to find your introduction thread and you are new with 11 positive ratings already! :blink:

good to know..But what about what the military themselves do in Pattani...How many in Thailand are aware of it? Just an honest question...Mind you I have been to Bangkok many times as a toursit but never to actually live there so I dont know much ground reality there....or the amount of awareness...
Every religion preaches good...if it preaches violence it is usually defined as a cult!
I never brought this in so I am going to assume it is for the other person you quoted.
It is easier to talk than take action I agree
You feed rebels for free? :unsure: Sorry am not aware of this bit the rest I acknowledge yes Thailand did its fair share!
Ok since I didnt bring this in I am going to assume it is not for me...
I am more than happy to discuss it ...but as I mentioned earlier I dont have ground level knowledge of the country as I have only been there several times as a tourist...

Sorry did not understand the context of your last sentence...

Where are you actually from? :unsure: I cant seem to find your introduction thread and you are new with 11 positive ratings already! :blink:

From Sapporo, my brother. And you?

The Philippines has successfully ended their insurgency in the South with peace deals and autonomy. Peace now prevails in Mindanao and people are returning in their droves there.

Thailand should also follow such strategy. I hope there is no more violence. Thai people are warm and friendly.

Well, the issue is about rights afforded for minorities. Myanmar's prosecution of the Rohingya minority is a concern. They also have a habit of maltreating ethnic Wa, and Shan minorities which belong to the Tai Kadai ethnic and linguistic group. The Chin ethnic minority, which is predominantly Christian is also subject to regular persecution by the Rangoon junta.

Thailand should take care to respect the cultural sensitivities of it's Muslim subjects if it expects to win their support and loyalty . His Majesty King Bumipon should influence the Army to implement tactics that promote growth in the south and a culture of inclusion !

The Philippines has successfully ended their insurgency in the South with peace deals and autonomy. Peace now prevails in Mindanao and people are returning in their droves there.

Thailand should also follow such strategy. I hope there is no more violence. Thai people are warm and friendly.

I agree, autonomy should be considered.

Back
Top Bottom