What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

How could TFX be in the same class with F22 and PAK-TA which have superior engines, If TFX had EJ or RR engines?
If the tfx completed mission of F35 , It would fullfit .

How could TFX be in the same class with F22 and PAK-TA which have superior engines, If TFX had EJ or RR engines?
If the tfx completed mission of F35 , It would fullfit .
I raised this same issue on this forum a long time ago but nobody has a definite answer. The most meaningful response I got was that TFX engine will not be EJ-200 exactly, it will be a modified version with higher thrust (maybe 25k lb).
But my personal opinion is that TFX will not be as large as it is purported (~70k lb). Because for a good air superiority fighter the thrust to weight ratio should be close to 1. This means the TFX will be lighter (45-55k lb) which means it will carry slightly less amount of ammo.

Last edited:
I raised this same issue on this forum a long time ago but nobody has a definite answer. The most meaningful response I got was that TFX engine will not be EJ-200 exactly, it will be a modified version with higher thrust (maybe 25k lb).
But my personal opinion is that EJ-200 will not be as large as it is purported (~70k lb). Because for a good air superiority fighter the thrust to weight ratio should be close to 1. This means the TFX will be lighter (45-55k lb) which means it will carry slightly less amount of ammo.
EJ-230?

Last edited:
I saw a news 3 days ago of Contract between RR and Kale in which Turkey has more than 51% share and the aim is to develop a turbofan

Defence Turkey: Within the scope of the TF-X program, the decision was made for the twin-engine platform design. Apart from the design solution and platform performance, to what extent will the model’s availability for improvement, cost components and technological gains be in contributing to the development of an indigenous engine? What are your comments?

As you also recognize, there are numerous key factors such as technical, financial and strategic ones, that have an impact on the selection of the company. We are evaluating alternative solutions by taking these aspects into consideration. To me, the most important criteria is the added value they will be contributing to the fruitful accomplishment of all these plans and the TF-X program which we expect to become the locomotive of our defense industry in respect to aviation.

Regarding the selection of the off-the-shelf engines and indigenous engines, we actually require a hybrid solution. As you may also appreciate, the design of a complex platform such as that of a fighter jet is already a very challenging task. Conducting this design for a “tailor made engine”, the features and behaviors of which are not finalized, makes the process even more complicated. On the other hand, when we analyze the features of the aircraft that we plan to design, we come across a different picture; many existing off-the-shelf products are not fully capable of ensuring the performance that we desire. Without a doubt, the solution will be jointly developed by our industry and the company that we cooperate with and then it will be submitted to the Undersecretariat for Defense Industries for approval.

Then again, if we are to make an intellectual estimation, I think there may be a three-staged plan which is as follows:

Short Term: Initiating the design activities by selecting an existing engine.

Medium Term: Increasing the selected engine’s performance to the desired level by using the development margins of the selected engine and executing serial manufacturing with this engine.

Long Term: Designing more improved engines compatible with the interface and sizes with the serial production engines and conducting improvements with these new engines in the half-life modernization of the aircrafts.

Surely, as I emphasized previously, these are my own intellectual assumptions. The setup of the project may be different than my projection. The original solutions for this issue, which may be different from the forecast, are developed by a business model and related cost-effectiveness and analysis are presented to the Undersecretariat.

vlcsnap-2017-05-13-129usri.png

vlcsnap-2017-05-13-122bs7j.png

Türkiye’ye “Tayfun”dan fazlası

Türkiye’nin Milli Muharip Uçak projesi F-X motorunda rekabet eden Eurojet konsorsiyumu teklifin içeriğini açıkladı. IDEF fuarına katılan konsorsiyumun Genel Müdürü Clemens Linden, Eurofighter Typhoon uçaklarında Eurojet konsorsiyumun üretimi EJ200 turbofan motorun kullanıldığını hatırlattı. Linden, Türk Hava Kuvvetlerine bu motoru teklif ettiklerini ifade etti. Avrupa’da dört ülkenin Birleşik Krallık, Almanya, İtalya ve İspanya’nın ortak üretimi çok rollü, delta kanatlı avcı uçağından bugüne kadar 500 adedi envantere girdi. Uçakta kullanılan Ej200 motorlarının her biri ürettiği 13 bin 500 libre itki ile (ardyanma ile 20 bin 230 libre) bu hava platformuna 10 bin 975 metre irtifada 2 bin 295 km/s sürat sağlıyor. Uçak, motorlar sayesinde saniyede 318 metre tırmanıyor.

Linden, C4Defence’e yaptığı açıklamada Türk Hava Kuvvetlerinin motoru incelediğini Eurofigther Tyhpoon motorunda itki arttırımı talep ettiklerini kaydetti. Bu açıklamaya göre Milli Muharip Uçakta Eurojet Konsorsiyumu tercih edilirse ortaya çıkacak motor şu andaki uçaklardan daha kuvvetli motora sahip olacak.

Eurojet Konsorsiyumunu Almanya’dan MTU Aero Engines, Birleşik Krallık’tan Rolls-Royce, İtalya’dan Avio, İspanya’dan ITP firmaları oluşturuyor.

Firmanın güç oranları için öneri paketleri ve Türkiye ile Avrupa ülkeleri arasındaki siyasi ilişkilere yönelik yaklaşımları 51nci sayımızda yayınlanacak röportajda ele alınacak.

http://www.c4defence.com/Gundem/turkiyeye-tayfundan-fazlasi/4396/1

This Eurojet consortium is a competitor against the recently established JV consisting of RollsRoyce and Kale Group?

Back
Top Bottom