What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

It writes in current Savunma ve Havacılık Magazine that 1000 new engineers will be taken from abroad.Some of them will be turkish and some of them will be foreign engineer.This will eliminate lack of elite engineers.and I hope TFX-2 which is similar to YF-23.

.and I hope TFX-2 which is similar to YF-23will be choosen for the last TF-x candidate.

It writes in current Savunma ve Havacılık Magazine that 1000 new engineers will be taken from abroad.Some of them will be turkish and some of them will be foreign engineer.This will eliminate lack of elite engineers.and I hope TFX-2 which is similar to YF-23.

.and I hope TFX-2 which is similar to YF-23will be choosen for the last TF-x candidate.

IMG_3886.JPG

IMG_3887.JPG

Source: S&H Magazine No:178

Wasn't the reason USA chose F-22 over YF-23 because of maneuverability? If we are talking air-superiority, wouldn't you rather have better maneuverability over super-cruise etc.? Judging from the picture of yf-23, thrust vectoring might be an issue on the bottom side, or am I missing something?

Wasn't the reason USA chose F-22 over YF-23 because of maneuverability? If we are talking air-superiority, wouldn't you rather have better maneuverability over super-cruise etc.? Judging from the picture of yf-23, thrust vectoring might be an issue on the bottom side, or am I missing something?
US' choice of F-22 over YF-23 is a mystery to me. The whole philosophy of F-22 is that it will never engage in dogfight. That it will kill the enemy before the enemy sees it, yes they gave so much importance to maneuverability while sacrificing all the advantages of YF-23.
YF-23 has almost twice the range and combat radius of the F-22 while being much lighter (read: cheaper) and having a much greater thrust to weight ratio (1.36).
Anyways, I think the YF-23 configuration would be much better for us. Because it has a much greater range, it is lighter, cheaper, and it's large tail surfaces make up for a lack of thrust vectoring while making it even more cheap.

YF - 23 lost cause of flow demolitions

@Bismarck read this!

You have been asked to me before!
Answer is known by as 1000 including foreigners!
Sure a talented German engineer will welcome!

Last edited:
Defence Turkey: BAE Systems is a capable of developing and manufacturing the Eurofighter and the company has significant experience in this area. Regarding the design phase of the program, is there any solution model on the table containing the utilization of off-the-shelf subsystems formerly utilized in the Eurofighter, and the critical technologies such as AESA Radar, EW system, communication system and indigenous weapon integration, etc. that would be developed by Turkey, and hence Turkey would only focus on critical technologies?

Undoubtedly, one of the most prominent contributions to the TF-X provided by BAE Systems would be the company’s know-how and competency in the development of fighter jets and related sub systems. Within the scope of this project, our studies are being carried out on determining which requirements would be covered by the available subsystems or off-the-shelf commercial products by projections on technologies which are to be utilized in 2030s. The in-depth analysis will be made within this context regarding which technologies should be adopted indigenously; the export restrictions that may emerge, risks, cooperation opportunities, technological readiness level and capabilities of our country’s defense industry and decisions on procurement or development will be made accordingly.

The model you mentioned is not actually the model we projected. Our main objective is to put forth an Indigenous Fighter Jet designed fully in accordance with the requirements of the Turkish Air Forces, instead of manufacturing a domestic improved version of an already existing Combat Aircraft. Within this frame, the off-the-shelf systems that are considered compatible with our combat aircraft and that do not create foreign dependency regarding the required sub systems may be utilized either directly or with minor modifications. Still, in cases where indigenous design is essential, most certainly we would work on the similar development models with our defense industry companies.

Defence Turkey: Within the scope of the TF-X program, the decision was made for the twin-engine platform design. Apart from the design solution and platform performance, to what extent will the model’s availability for improvement, cost components and technological gains be in contributing to the development of an indigenous engine? What are your comments?

As you also recognize, there are numerous key factors such as technical, financial and strategic ones, that have an impact on the selection of the company. We are evaluating alternative solutions by taking these aspects into consideration. To me, the most important criteria is the added value they will be contributing to the fruitful accomplishment of all these plans and the TF-X program which we expect to become the locomotive of our defense industry in respect to aviation.

Regarding the selection of the off-the-shelf engines and indigenous engines, we actually require a hybrid solution. As you may also appreciate, the design of a complex platform such as that of a fighter jet is already a very challenging task. Conducting this design for a “tailor made engine”, the features and behaviors of which are not finalized, makes the process even more complicated. On the other hand, when we analyze the features of the aircraft that we plan to design, we come across a different picture; many existing off-the-shelf products are not fully capable of ensuring the performance that we desire. Without a doubt, the solution will be jointly developed by our industry and the company that we cooperate with and then it will be submitted to the Undersecretariat for Defense Industries for approval.

Then again, if we are to make an intellectual estimation, I think there may be a three-staged plan which is as follows:

Short Term: Initiating the design activities by selecting an existing engine.

Medium Term: Increasing the selected engine’s performance to the desired level by using the development margins of the selected engine and executing serial manufacturing with this engine.

Long Term: Designing more improved engines compatible with the interface and sizes with the serial production engines and conducting improvements with these new engines in the half-life modernization of the aircrafts.

Surely, as I emphasized previously, these are my own intellectual assumptions. The setup of the project may be different than my projection. The original solutions for this issue, which may be different from the forecast, are developed by a business model and related cost-effectiveness and analysis are presented to the Undersecretariat.

http://www.defenceturkey.com/en/con...erm-and-strategic-defense-industry-plans-2593

Last edited:
Mystery-Stealth-Fighter.png
This will prove usefull in tfx project ...guess what is it :-)

Attachments

• Mystery-Stealth-Fighter.png
    Mystery-Stealth-Fighter.png
    209.2 KB · Views: 50
Back
Top Bottom