What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

But what type would You suggest as a basis ?

He probably means the F-22 as TFX looks similar to it. But the F-22 is only in use in the US-Air Force and they don't share the technology for it. It won't work like the T-129 as the italiens shared their technology with us. We will have to create everything from the scratch together with BAE. This is also the reason why they work with us. Britain hasn't worked on a own Fighter let alone a Stealth Fighter since after the Harrier and that was together with the US. It helps them too and I could even imagine if the project is a sucess them buying some.

He probably means the F-22 as TFX looks similar to it. But the F-22 is only in use in the US-Air Force and they don't share the technology for it. It won't work like the T-129 as the italiens shared their technology with us. We will have to create everything from the scratch together with BAE. This is also the reason why they work with us. Britain hasn't worked on a own Fighter let alone a Stealth Fighter since after the Harrier and that was together with the US. It helps them too and I could even imagine if the project is a sucess them buying some.

Dont know the details but BAE was working on a prototype stealth aircraft before entering F35. So maybe that will be used.

Dis van
https://theaviationist.com/2014/02/25/mysterious-bae-replica/

The base is probably similar to the others,F-22,F-35,J-31,K(I)FX,X-2.
Only the J-20 and the T-50/FGFA have a different base.
Or am i wrong?

The base is probably similar to the others,F-22,F-35,J-31,K(I)FX,X-2.
Only the J-20 and the T-50/FGFA have a different base.
Or am i wrong?

Surely not and esp. You need to differ "base" in form of "similar conception" or base as "true base since technology available". In case of the T-129, TAI had assistance and the real technology of the original type at hand, in case of all other examples You mention, these designs are loosely use a similar configuration, but they have or had surely not a F-22, F-35 or J-31 at hand.

but they have or had surely not a F-22, F-35 or J-31 at hand.
Are you sure about that,except for the F-22?
In a way,arent they all ''related'' to the F-22?
Except for the Chinese ,doesnt the rest gets them from the ''same'' few suppliers?
Sensors avionics,stealth and signatures,cockpit,radar,helmet,display etc,in a way,arent all the ''same''?
The Koreans get so much help from the Americans,where does this come from,not from the few companies able to lend a hand?
Im sure the Japanese also get help from the US.
Remember the AIDC F-CK-1 Ching-kuo ,the US couldnt sell so they did it on their own(yeah right).
I think the difference will be,only ''cosmetics''.

Last edited:
Are you sure about that,except for the F-22?
In a way,arent they all ''related'' to the F-22?
Except for the Chinese ,doesnt the rest gets them from the ''same'' few suppliers?
Sensors avionics,stealth and signatures,cockpit,radar,helmet,display etc,in a way,arent all the ''same''?
The Koreans get so much help from the Americans,where does this come from,not from the few companies able to lend a hand?
Im sure the Japanese also get help from the US.
Remember the AIDC F-CK-1 Ching-kuo ,the US couldnt sell so they did it on their own(yeah right).
I think the difference will be,only ''cosmetics''.

Like I said: Do You think any of the Korean, Chinese or now Turkish engineers ever had hand on a Raptor, sow the blue-prints aka CAD-data ???
They use a similar configuration, as such their designs are inspired by the F-22 but nothing more.

Like I said: Do You think any of the Korean, Chinese or now Turkish engineers ever had hand on a Raptor, sow the blue-prints aka CAD-data ???
They use a similar configuration, as such their designs are inspired by the F-22 but nothing more.
Lets see when they are ready and have this conversation again.

I personally don't see this happening. The only reason we chose the A129 airframe for the T129 was because the A129 was a battlefield proven airframe, not because it is hard or expensive to design a new frame.
In case of the TFX, BAE replica is just a concept. They didn't even build a prototype, only a mock up. In such a scenario it makes no sense to sacrifice our needs and requirements and opt for BAE replica's airframe rather than designing our own frame keeping in mind the requirements.
Plus, with BAE's assistance reaching the level of BAE replica is trivial.

I personally don't see this happening. The only reason we chose the A129 airframe for the T129 was because the A129 was a battlefield proven airframe, not because it is hard or expensive to design a new frame.
In case of the TFX, BAE replica is just a concept. They didn't even build a prototype, only a mock up. In such a scenario it makes no sense to sacrifice our needs and requirements and opt for BAE replica's airframe rather than designing our own frame keeping in mind the requirements.
Plus, with BAE's assistance reaching the level of BAE replica is trivial.

Chinese hacked some US critical companies and got sensible data.

14ucf8i.jpg

Back
Top Bottom