What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

HürJet

silahli-hurjet-large.jpg

Turkey’s indigenous TFX fighter jet to fly twice the speed of sound by 2023
5a339d400f2544092c8e8429.jpg

Once it takes to the skies, the aircraft is expected to fly until 2070.

Turkey’s indigenous fighter jet TFX is set to fly at twice the speed of sound in 2023, daily Habertürk reported on Dec. 15.

By developing technologies such as low-visibility, internal gun compartments, high maneuvering capacity, increased situational awareness and sensor fusion in the TFX 2023, Turkey would be among countries such as the U.S. and China to have the infrastructure and technology to produce a fifth generation fighter jet, the report said.

The TFX 2023, 19 meters in length and 12 meters in width, is expected to take its place in the Turkish Air Forces and become active in the fleet by 2030.

The indigenous war jet will replace the current F-16s gradually, the report added.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/tu...o-fly-twice-the-speed-of-sound-by-2023-124179

Ses hızının iki katına ulaşacak 5 yıl sonra. Süpermiş...!
F-35 bizim uçağın yanında daktilo makinası gibi kalacak...Gurur duydum.

Last edited:
You should invite Muslim countries join the project,lower down the cost,share the risk and benefit,especially with Pakistan which will help a lot

Last edited:
You should invite Muslim countries join the project,lower down the cost,share the risk and benefit,especially with Pakistan which will help a lot
Yes. Pakistan seems to be only country among muslims who has high tech know-how. Afaik there are some joint projects between Turkey.

Pakistan might be better off co-developing with China.

Why don't we ever consider Russia as a potential engine provider for the TFX? I mean, we're getting S-400s and our first four nuclear power reactors from them. Following the US-backed July 15 coup attempt, Erdogan and Putin have become closer than they've ever been, to the point that there's now a new "strategic understanding" between Turkey and Russia.

Given this background and how relations are improving exponentially, do you guys reckon Turkey could work something out with, say, NPO Saturn for the AL-31?

1920px-AL-31FP_for_Su-30MKI.jpg

These are based on 1980's tech but very powerful and reliable and currently power Su-27, Su-30 and the Chinese J-10s and J-11s. China has been buying these off-the-shelf from Russia until their own comparable WS-10 engine is ready which is reportedly based on the AL-31.

WS-10 is not based on AL-31. More likely it is based on CFM56. CFM56 share the same core with F101 and F101 developed into F110 . In 1980s China bought some backup CFM56 engines for its Boeing 737 fleet. That was how China got access to the core engine. I am quite sure WS-10 core engine was related to CFM56.

there is rumor that WS-10 is made of CFM56 core engine and AL-31 LP parts. But I doubt it. Different core means different LP parts. Even there was a chance AL-31 used as some reference, WS-10's LP parts are quite different.

Last edited:
Pakistan is the first and only Muslim country which have successfully developed a 4th G fighter JF17, it can bring the successful experience to this project
Pakistan is also the only country who would sincerely help you to achieve the dream of a 5th G fighter
turkey should sign a contract with Pakistan just like with UK,together make the project successful with the help of Pakistan

Last edited:
WS-10 is not based on AL-31. More likely it is based on CFM56. CFM56 share the same core with F101 and F101 developed into F110 . In 1980s China bought some backup CFM56 engines for its Boeing 737 fleet. That was how China got access to the core engine. I am quite sure WS-10 core engine was related to CFM56.

there is rumor that WS-10 is made of CFM56 core engine and AL-31 LP parts. But I doubt it. Different core means different LP parts. Even there was a chance AL-31 used as some reference, WS-10's LP parts are quite different.

Pakistan is the first and only Muslim country which have successfully developed a 4th G fighter JF17, it can bring the successful experience to this project
Pakistan is also the only country who would sincerely help you to achieve the dream of a 5th G fighter
turkey should sign a contract with Pakistan just like with UK,together make the project successful with the help of Pakistan

JF17 is a 4. Generation fighter jet?

What do you think?

It is a good thing for Pakistan and turkey if the change between jf17 and t129 come true

I don’t know. Pakistan could help Turkey with their experience in +3. Generation fighter jet knowledge, but I don’t think it would help a lot to develop a 5. Generation fighter jet. About T129, Pakistan will made decision on requirements of Pakistan army.

I don’t know. Pakistan could help Turkey with their experience in +3. Generation fighter jet knowledge, but I don’t think it would help a lot to develop a 5. Generation fighter jet. About T129, Pakistan will made decision on requirements of Pakistan army.
Better than countries never develop a fighter
It is precious experience in Muslim world

The business between jf17 and t129 is good for both country
You should help each other

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom