What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

Looks like it matches up to specs posted a month ago;
AyN2O0.jpg

2m speed 60k lb faster and smaller than F22?

What are the cons and pros compared to F22?

2M is around the same speed as f22.
As for size smaller airplane will carry less ammunition but it'll help with stealth because a smaller airplane equals smaller radar cross section

The F-22 can supercruise at mach 1.8. You can bet its top speed is much higher than mach 2.

The F-22 can supercruise at mach 1.8. You can bet its top speed is much higher than mach 2.
AFAIK it supercruises at 1.5 and can reach Mach 2.
There are sources that claim the 1.8 mach and even an alleged pilot claiming it can supercruise at Mach 2. But the general consensus is 1.5

Okay I am going to go ahead and address the elephant in the room, because nobody else is willing to.
kokpit.aero is reporting that EJ withdrew from TFX engine tender. While this may as well be false, what if it isn't?
What are our options? I haven't seen a lot of fake news from kokpit, it is very much likely that they are on to something.
What other engines are there in the market that have the same qualities as EJ200 and within our reach?

AFAIK it supercruises at 1.5 and can reach Mach 2.
There are sources that claim the 1.8 mach and even an alleged pilot claiming it can supercruise at Mach 2. But the general consensus is 1.5

Okay I am going to go ahead and address the elephant in the room, because nobody else is willing to.
kokpit.aero is reporting that EJ withdrew from TFX engine tender. While this may as well be false, what if it isn't?
What are our options? I haven't seen a lot of fake news from kokpit, it is very much likely that they are on to something.
What other engines are there in the market that have the same qualities as EJ200 and within our reach?

It's being discussed here: https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/eurojet-leaves-tfx-engine-bid.533185/

I think it's a good thing. Eurojet was risky due to too many European countries involved, which means too many political risks. I predict TAEC (Kale/Rolls Royce) will make an offer, and because RR is British and Britain has already committed to the TFX project, this will make engine development/procurement much less risky.

Why do you bother your self about Europians at all actually? Why do you always "forget" that they'll never be your friends, this includes the Brits but Brits they will still do some jobs with you due to Brexit and they need to be involved everywhere and make some money... Why don't you just play their game, make contracts with them, gain expirience and technologys to the moment where you don't need them and they can't blackmail you... actually, just do what Chinese have done and you'll be fine.... just ask your self are the "wondefull" Europians able to blackmail China now?

Why don't we ever consider Russia as a potential engine provider for the TFX? I mean, we're getting S-400s and our first four nuclear power reactors from them. Following the US-backed July 15 coup attempt, Erdogan and Putin have become closer than they've ever been, to the point that there's now a new "strategic understanding" between Turkey and Russia.

Given this background and how relations are improving exponentially, do you guys reckon Turkey could work something out with, say, NPO Saturn for the AL-31?

1920px-AL-31FP_for_Su-30MKI.jpg

These are based on 1980's tech but very powerful and reliable and currently power Su-27, Su-30 and the Chinese J-10s and J-11s. China has been buying these off-the-shelf from Russia until their own comparable WS-10 engine is ready which is reportedly based on the AL-31.

Back
Top Bottom