What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

Sorry there was a misuderstanding i mean the Trainer / COIN aircraft. I corrected it
they definitely look like, but Texton Scorpion use 2 Honeywell TFE731 turbofan, 4,000 lbf (18 kN) engine which and Turkish variant use 3600lbf FJ44-4M engine....
Scorpion fly at speed of 833 km/h but also carry way more weapon (2.8 t with 6 hardpoints and 1.4 T with internal bay)

Now i believe, if Turkey use a good design, they can achieve the goal... especially by cutting internal bay and use it to speed up the aircraft...

pGG8zm.jpg

Brits have really upped the ante with Rolls-Royce recently by offering EJ200 with technology transfer and local production. If they throw in a couple of sweeteners like joint development/ownership of follow up variants, I think they can score a big win-win and secure a reliable, long-term partner and a large market in Turkey. Eurojet Turbo GmbH (property rights owner of the EJ200) is based in Germany though, so I'm not sure how that'll work out given how Germany harbors many PKK, FETO and DHKP-C terrorists wanted by Turkey. They're even defying the Interpol to keep them safe and harm Turkey.

1920px-Eurojet_EJ200_for_Eurofighter_Typhoon_PAS_2013_01_free.jpg

If the push comes to the shove with Germany we can probably just acquire Rolls Royce's XG-40 technology demonstrator and create our own variant of the EJ200.

It pushes 60 kN (13,500 lbf) dry and 90 kN (20,200 lbf) with afterburner. Two of these can easily make TFX a Mach 2+ fighter.

http://gasturbinespower.asmedigitalcollection.asme.org/article.aspx?articleid=1417471

Last edited:
Don't forget that TFX will probably be twin-engined

That's a given captain obvious but in comparison the F119-PW-100 in F-22 delivers 160kN in dry thrust... "The engine delivers thrust in the 35,000 lbf (160 kN) class, and is designed for supersonic flight without the use of afterburner (supercruise)."

Back
Top Bottom