What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

Kale & Rolls Royce

Planned jet engine for TF-X
IMG_1380.jpg

the CEO of TAI said it will be the best fighter in the World... seems like they work on a very powerful engine...

There won't be a company like that.
I was under the impression they were going to create a Joint venture (49% RR and 51% Kale), that involves making engine's initially for the TFX. I'm pretty sure I read that here somewhere.

Edit: Found the post where I read this:
Rolls-Royce and Kale Group create defence aero engine joint venture
Monday, 8 May 2017
Rolls-Royce and Kale Group, a major partner in global and national defence and aerospace industries, have announced the formation of a joint venture company to target aero engine opportunities in Turkey.

Kale Group will own 51 per cent and Rolls-Royce 49 per cent of the joint venture, which aims to develop aircraft engines for Turkey, initially targeting the TF-X National Fighter Jet Project. The agreement was signed at a ceremony in Istanbul today attended by Osman Okyay, Deputy CEO of Kale Group and Chris Cholerton, Rolls-Royce, President - Defence Aerospace.

Osman Okyay said: “Today we are very pleased and proud to be uniting our energy with one of the biggest jet engine makers of the world. This partnership is a milestone in the development of the aerospace and defence industries of Turkey.”

Chris Cholerton said: “We are delighted to announce this new Joint Venture and to have the opportunity to work together with Kale to develop the national engine for TF-X.”

Kale Group is the contractor for the Turbojet engine development project, a milestone in Turkey’s aim to produce domestic aircraft engines.

The establishment of the joint venture is subject to the usual legal approvals.

https://www.rolls-royce.com/media/p...create-defence-aero-engine-joint-venture.aspx

About Kale Group
Celebrating its 60th anniversary this year, Kale Group ranks among the largest industrial conglomerates in Turkey. Today, Kale Group owns 17 companies with more than 5,000 employees and US$1 billion annual sales.
Kale Group entered the defence and aerospace industry in 1987 and is a tier one supplier for many global defence and aerospace companies - including Lockheed Martin, Boeing and Airbus - and is a leading supplier to many important international programmes, including the Joint Strike Fighter (F-35) project.
Kale is a major partner in Turkey’s defence and aerospace industries, participating in Turkey’s first National Infantry Rifle and Turbojet engine.

Last edited:
I was under the impression they were going to create a Joint venture (49% RR and 51% Kale), that involves making engine's initially for the TFX. I'm pretty sure I read that here somewhere.

Edit: Found the post where I read this:

51% Kale, madly. Britain takes its chance for a good share.

A joint venture for a project, TF-X engine. Not a company.

51% Kale, madly. Britain takes its chance for a good share.

They are sharing British tech and knowledge with us, they will invest millions in Turkey and they have promised to educate Turkish engineers and still, you're criticizing that we are holding "only" a majority share (51%) of this JV?

You serious?

RR CEO or something was interviewed and he explained that Turkey covered the Big 5 areas of RR investement interests and therefore they were going to make a more serious investment in Turkey.

TBH I don't think that is going to happen that quickly or fast, but more like see how things go in the next 10-15 years with Turkey. And for RR to share know-how on 5th generation is a pipe dream.

I think it's great that some 400 engineers will go to RR and learn from them, but let's see how many of them remain in Kale. (These are information we don't get to hear about). If key members of a team leave or find better job, those result in delays which is bad.

But I don't think it's realistic that Turkey can make a 5th generation in the near future unless the engine is delivered from RR. And we just assemble the plane.

The tendency our officials have of bragging about "the best dick" (sarcasm) is really annoying, and they should have their tongues cut out for bringing bad karma to the project.

Back
Top Bottom