What's new

Tesco stops sourcing from a Bangladesh factory due to safety concerns

Who came up with this b..all..sh..t title? New title -
TESCO STOPS SOURCING FROM BANGLADESH.PDF INDIANS CONCERNED FOR BD ECONOMIC SAFETY.:omghaha:

Please don't try to label the factory-owners as scapegoats, it was criminal to make money without caring for poor workers safety, as far as I know workers complained about the building's safety.

And though capitalism is synonymous with profit, there is something like bad publicity. Many US & European customers are sensitive and won't buy a product if it is known that the product is associated with some bad human-rights or exploitation issues. Take the case of blood-diamonds, in western world either you have to get certification that the diamonds are not blood-diamonds, or you have to sell them cheap.

@Chinese-Dragon Many of the Indian members in BD section of PDF are Bengalis, either from this side or from that side, and mostly Hindus. :)

What i meant was that foreign buyers can always blame the garments owner to gateway from their responsibilities. I am well aware of the evil deeds of garments owners.

Last edited by a moderator:
What i meant was that foreign buyers can always blame the garments owner to gateway from their responsibilities. I am well aware of the evil deeds of garments owners.

We didn't know that the Bangladeshi factory owner was treating his workers so harshly. Honestly, we thought that the price was cheap because of hardworking labor and plentiful raw material present in the region.:angel: But now that we know, we enlightened folks, we shall immediately stop dealing with such people for it offends our sensibilities to do anything to the contrary. :sick:

dada aschi, tomader bharot theke rokkha korte :hang2:

Dada..amder jone to India shobshe priyo jinish..Subhash dada amader desher jone rokto diye chole galen..aibar amader bahgo ta toh ei dehsher shonge uthbe.

Tomra liner opar hi thako. :)

But you can always keep sending the hilsa. :partay:

We didn't know that the Bangladeshi factory owner was treating his workers so harshly. Honestly, we thought that the price was cheap because of hardworking labor and plentiful raw material present in the region.:angel: But now that we know, we enlightened folks, we shall immediately stop dealing with such people for it offends our sensibilities to do anything to the contrary. :sick:

Yup, that's their logic. They are playing the victim card.

Back
Top Bottom