What's new

Tesco stops sourcing from a Bangladesh factory due to safety concerns

better you offer TESCO. INDIA is trying hard taking rmg sector for many years dont need send the migs but the couple of bollywood bomb can finish their mission :)
What does TESCO think they are :pissed:. Bangladesh should ban them, show them their aukaat, send a couple of Mig-29's to do sonic booms over their HQ's.

@BDforever Bhai era answer to dijhe na..tui hi answer diye de.

How important is/was tesco?

What is the share of the garment sector in the BD economy?

What are the measures being taken to ensure safety of factory workers?

obviously a loss for BD, it is number 1 export item of BD though only 1% of total garments are exported to USA.

Well Industrial park is on the way lets see what happens :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Consequences which we cannot avoid. We must do what we need to for our development..and we try to accommodate others to the best of OUR capability..NOT to the extent that they demand. That's all there is to it rather than some secret zionist-hindu agenda.

No point having same old water debate with an Indian.

do we realy wear tesco ? haha i doubt! well my ma,khala,sisters ,my wife wears indian salwar kameez meanwhile the indian ladies also wear dhakai sharee . so cheers :cheers:
Brother we cant do anything without BD's permission. And since BD is our ally, we will also boycott TESCO

i worked in rmg for several month. no need to worry for this concern. they have to buy our products untill we buy china mobile. the reason is cheap .BGMEA is the headquarter of al capone gang.they propaganda by thyself cuase their own benifit.no other country has a cheap labour like us.i asked my friends who are the ceos of 2 major rmg factories. give you an example the dragon in malibug is the biggest sweater factory in bd.they make sweater for the GAP.costing for each sweater is raw material 2$,labour1$,others 1$ = total 4$.the dragon sell it to the GAP is 8$.The GAP sell in retail 20$.The TESCO scenario is the same.sometimes they do eyewash for their customers .the biggest earn of tesco,gap,wallmart comes from this bangladesh rmg.everyyear they earn a billion billion dollars .its not easy they will giveup their profits .another thing is no other country has well establisment and everything is ready like bangladesh rmg sector.so they have realy no options. if bangladesh just stop production in summer for one season i swear lots of american in the streets of harlem,cleveland,chicago,detroit will almost stays naked in the season of winter :) seriously

do we realy wear tesco ? haha i doubt! well my ma,khala,sisters ,my wife wears indian salwar kameez meanwhile the indian ladies also wear dhakai sharee . so cheers :cheers:

On a serious note my nani (grandmom) runs a handicrafts NGO. It's from her I came to know about the Jamdani fabric in your country, probably the finest in world.

india patent jamdani and fazli mango . haha thats another story . well jamdani is about 600 years old tradition of dhaka and narayanganj.i hope you heard about moslin .moslin is the finest cloth among all the fabrics.marco polo trade the silk from china to rome via silk route and the arab traded moslin from bengal . the city of mosul in iraq was named by the moslin.mosul was the warehouse of moslin.it's the fabric os dynasty. true royal clothing.moslin was too expensive so later the moslin makers started farbricating jamdani .it's lil heavier than the moslin.these people are making jamdani by generation after generation.there is a village and a big market in narayngonj near dhaka named jamdani polli and also in mirpur dhaka too.in eid time i buy some jamdani for my wife and my mother .they love it very much :) I'm glad nani also know about jamdani and runs a boutique .lots of love and respect for nani <3
On a serious note my nani (grandmom) runs a handicrafts NGO. It's from her I came to know about the Jamdani fabric in your country, probably the finest in world.

Back
Top Bottom