What's new

Terrorist Attack On PAF camp Badaber : 29 people massacred, 13 terrorists killed.

The TTP are a self-sustained system, I wrote an article a while back here on PDF on how they operate. I'll search it out.
If what you say is true then I can infer one of two things:

1. TTP is on it's last legs and a year or two of intense operations would finish them - like LTTE and this attack was just a desperate attempt to keep the moral high for their cadre and show that they are still strong.

2, TTP is getting resources/motivation from certain parties which allows them to re-group outside of Pakistan and then infiltrate again at strength and will to cause chaos. They are also being provided sanctuaries and support within Pakistan

In the latter case their are some hard decisions due which may involve attacking their infrastructure in Afganishtan with US support or without it. Building an electrified fence with manned sentry posts at short intervals - Expensive and prone to vandalization, massive army mobilization at the AF-PaK border which might be tricky considering tensions with India.

Another option would be empower local civil militias against TTP - do not know if it is feasible or what is the view of local tribes on TTP.

But as the Maxim goes - Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Sino, I'll write a detalied paper on it. I see this problem with a lot of people. If you could wait just a while?
There should be someone funding it. Since we don't know much because our media does not cover much. What does Pakistan intelligence take on it ? They could not have come out of thin air and started killing your people. They are highly trained with sophisticated weapons and a target. Someone should be finding them, training them, giving shelter and to be precise some kind of intel too. Who are those agencies ?

Like I said if you don't take out the base of operations then this will keep happening. This is basic military 101. Somebody give me control of army and I will have this wrapped up in a week.

And how are you going to handle likes of Asma Jahangir, Marvi Sirmid, DAWN, Express Tribune, Geo, and so many others foreign NGO funded peopel / organisations.

That would be interesting to know, may be you can give some ideas to our higher ups who matter.

1.that is not a woman but a man with long golden currely hair

Yeah they make some of them to dress and act like women.

These TTP terrorists are famous for that.

Hey, little Marsha, how're you? :)

Don't hate anyone, this is a mess that had a history in the making it. Our resilient little nation, just like you, is fighting against the socio-history of over 300 years and we're coming out as winners. Isn't that great? We lost a few brave men but how many did we save?
I could read the last two pages just briefly and with due respect,what sorta CounterTerrorism Expert you are who while replying to the number of suggestions given by some members here to the issue in discussion, could only come up with the solutions such as "Nae Ye Bhi Nae Husakta" "Wo Bhi Nae Husakta" "Ye Impossible Hey" "Ye Tu Sochna Bhi Mut"... Tu Ye Tu Wo" etc etc

Yeh we should just sit like losers...eat Maggi Noodles or Chocolate Fudge Cake while watching the deaths of our Jawans and Civilians every other day!!! Yeah Right!

Im starting to so very much hate this country "Afghanistan" and its Inhabitants!

12038499_10153327315813143_7064827418042429167_n.jpg

Our thoughts and prayers are with the friends and families of the brave military personnel who lost their lives in this act of terror. Once again the terrorists have shown that they will stop at nothing to push their terrorist agenda forward. We take our hat off to the brave Pakistani security forces that refuse to let these terrorists succeed and continue to lay their lives down for the country. We stand with Pakistan in its fight against terrorism. We are hopeful that day is not far when peace will prevail throughout the country.

Ali Khan
Digital Engagement Team, USCENTCOM

single wall securtiy fences are of no use any way...
there should be an outer smaller wall and inner taller wall. with guards place on inner wall and 10 feet difference between them filled with boby traps and land mines

So how do you suggest we neutralize the threat from Afghanistan?

Well for starters, the Durand Line is very porous and that is what leads to a number of infiltration cases.However, these crossing are also used by the locals who inhabit both sides of the border and still maintain family connections. An attempt to check the cross border movement can involve each agency being granted one crossing point over seen by the FC with biometric system to keep tabs on all people crossing over.
Another attempt should involve a policy of engaging targets in or near border regions including pursuing targets into Afghan territory if need be (there is already precedent for this). If the Afghans don't exercise their writ, we will have to do so for them.
Lastly, occupying the positions that the ANA has vacated allows us greater control over mountain crossings and vantage point over the Kunnar valley which allows us to use mortars to great effect. Once again, this policy is already being pursued.
As you can see, the security forces are cognizant of the measures needed to control cross border terrorism and are taking the necessary steps, forceful ones included, in order to suppress the threat and improve the security situation.
Like I said, it is a slow and agonizing war which cannot be won by rash decisions, it has to be played out tactfully.

Again I am no expert but you are as it appears! if we cannot build an obstruction or even sit to plan one or come up with should we twiddle with our thumbs. 2250km? when there is a will to do something it can be achieved surely you cant strike this down either. Surely a wall covering will not be built overnight but over the years. Surely funds could be allocated if we can build metros and other fancy projects surely we can do better balancing of the budget for it. We have been loosing public for years because of bombings has that deterred people that much are people who build this wont know what they are likely to loose their life. I am sure you will be able to find some labor. out of population of millions we cannot even get enough to man a border. aren't their electronic devices available in this day of age for a response either?

Are we that incompetent.

Answered

I wouldn't be an expert if I chose to totally disregard ground realities and global conventions to jump on the same bandwagon as everyone else start beating my chest for war against Afghanistan. The world is not as simple as "Hey, I'm going to invade your country, topple your government and maybe bomb two of your provinces while we're at it, hope you don't mind".
LIC is the long fight, once you're in, you better have the capacity and the tenacity to take it right down to the end. If you start losing your **** after every single attack, then you should best be prepared for defeat.
If not that then atleast dont make them look like our well-wishers or brothers etc...I respect Gen Raheel alot and he is one of my fav people but i really didnt like it when he,in his speech on 6th Sep said that"Afghanistan Sey Humara Khoon Ka Rishta Hey" ..Please for God sake be realistic,they have never been our best buddies/Brothers and never will!

Heck with this type of fake Brotherhood and Friendship!

Sir

Taking an analogy of terrorism as a disease - Whatever military/security options we employ are like paracetamol - which abates the symptoms which in this case are overt attacks on civilians and defense targets. Unless a proper diagnosis is made about the root causes of such disease which in this case may be:

1. Poverty - - Terrorism for Money?
2. Unemployment - Lack of options
3. Misguided Ideology - No idea about what is Islam just brainwashed by some Mullahs or people with nefarious intent.
4. Foreign Influence - Afganishtan/India/US
5. Domestic protection - by some extremist mullahs and their collaborators

Pakistani members would be better able to point out the root-causes anyway my point is we have to eliminate their grievances at the core, re-educate them, provide them with alternative careers, bring in social development in worst affected areas.

Ofcourse none of this can be done until the symptoms abate hence military is absolutely necessary to punish and eliminate those who are lost cases but any military action should be supported politically in terms of rehabilitation and increased political attention on the afflicted areas. Otherwise all the sacrifices and gains would be lost and these scums would produce a new generation of scums in this forever war.

This is were we failed in India during Maoists and Kashmir Insurgency - Hope you guys learn from our mistakes. Keep your politicians on tight leash so that resources go where they are most needed.

Regards

See man, these kinds of fault lines exist in almost every third world country. In India they are perhaps 100 times worse than in Pakistan.

But it the "someone" who is exploiting these fault lines must be taken care of.

Someone who has both great financial resources at hand and determination to cause maximum damage to Pakistan, to keep it in line.

Now I know, you are not gonna like it, but given the history and evidence, India fullfills this criteria and is the main suspect here. Right now Pakistan is moving in the right direction and many higher-ups sitting in Indian govt don't like it for several reasons.

They will exploit all the foot soldiers both from Pakistan and Afghanistan to cause maximum damage to Pakistani economy and its reputation.

Yes we have our fault lines, just like you have yours. But I am quite sure, once those fund and free training stops flowing from the East all the way via Afghanistan into Pakistan, the terrorism in Pakistan will come down to at least 80%.

Just stating the facts here, nothing personal!

A lot of the Afghani people are settled here in Pakistan. They too do not support the TTP, in fact, very few people support the TTP. Our divisions and politics is what lets them thrive. To work against it, we need to start getting courteous and cordial with each other.
If not that then atleast dont make them look like our well-wishers or brothers etc...I respect Gen Raheel alot and he is one of my fav people but i really didnt like it when he,in his speech on 6th Sep said that"Afghanistan Sey Humara Khoon Ka Rishta Hey" ..Please for God sake be realistic,they have never been our best buddies/Brothers and never will!

Diplomatic composure is very important. You might have read that we once pursued the policy of opposing PRC's secession to the UNSC permanent seat for China however through diplomatic efforts, we became very close allies at one time. Just because we have had a contentious history with Afghanistan does not mean that we need also have a bleak future as well. Like it or not, we have to keep Afghanistan in our fold or risk having India at both of our borders.

Well for starters, the Durand Line is very porous and that is what leads to a number of infiltration cases.However, these crossing are also used by the locals who inhabit both sides of the border and still maintain family connections. An attempt to check the cross border movement can involve each agency being granted one crossing point over seen by the FC with biometric system to keep tabs on all people crossing over.
Another attempt should involve a policy of engaging targets in or near border regions including pursuing targets into Afghan territory if need be (there is already precedent for this). If the Afghans don't exercise their writ, we will have to do so for them.
Lastly, occupying the positions that the ANA has vacated allows us greater control over mountain crossings and vantage point over the Kunnar valley which allows us to use mortars to great effect. Once again, this policy is already being pursued.
As you can see, the security forces are cognizant of the measures needed to control cross border terrorism and are taking the necessary steps, forceful ones included, in order to suppress the threat and improve the security situation.
Like I said, it is a slow and agonizing war which cannot be won by rash decisions, it has to be played out tactfully.

Answered
I agree with you this is a slow process and so far security forces and intelligence have done well. We must not lose hope after one incident. And I do hope a strategy like you stated is being planned to keep the Afghan side safe.

Back
Top Bottom