What's new

Terrorist Attack On PAF camp Badaber : 29 people massacred, 13 terrorists killed.

Agreed and @Path Finder , throughout no wall has stood forever. We'd beat them but I personally believe we need this bloody war as it would ensure that our hardest moments would enable us to give rise to a better, safer and, yes, stronger nation.

Pakistan zindabad.
My friend, the Great Wall was built during imperial times when a royal decree used to get things done regardless of losses. Fast forward to modern day and how do you propose paying for a 2250km long wall? The labour costs? The costs for providing security and services to the labour force?
And if we manage to make a wall of China 2.0, the enemy are not Mongols armed with bows and arrows who will be at a loss on how to scale a wall. A single bomber will be able to create a breach and the traffic will continue. Will you then propose posting guards at 100 feet from one another to ensure that as soon as a breach has occurred, it is reported and resistance mobilized?

Again, I believe your premise is that we're 'losing', eh?
The great wall of China was supposed to protect against horse hordes and arrows.

Can Pakistan afford building a similar fence and the manpower to man it ? You already have a very romantic story going on in your eastern border.

What about Afghan reaction on Durand line ? You will have Afghan reaction even before you will be able to complete 10%.

And our intel agencies need to think what could be the next prospective location for attack. May God save us.
We know that they are in a habit of attacking friday congregations.

Be brave, brother. Today was a victory from what could have been... I suppose most people are not aware of what's going on.
And our intel agencies need to think what could be the next prospective location for attack. May God save us.
We know that they are in a habit of attacking friday congregations.

Be brave, brother. Today was a victory from what could have been... I suppose most people are not aware of what's going on.
No i do understad a major tragedy has been averted. But we know we havent entirely won the battle. And well what i wrote that was for precaution.... not demeaning our forces. I think my post sent out a wrong a message.

1. We cannot bomb a sovereign nation and ground incursions are out of the question too.
2. Subverting an internationally recognized government won't gain us many browny points.
3. The Afghan Taliban and TTP are joined at the hip, you may see two heads but start exploring and eventually you find the link, there's no way they are going to turn on their own brethren and weaken themselves. And even if some of the commanders do turn, there is a new commander every 30-50 square kilometer, how many can we convince to side with us in turn for the keys to Kabul?

1. If you get enough infractions, you get banned automatically, that's what happened I guess.
2. Once again, its 2250km long.

I could read the last two pages just briefly and with due respect,what sorta CounterTerrorism Expert you are who while replying to the number of suggestions given by some members here to the issue in discussion, could only come up with the solutions such as "Nae Ye Bhi Nae Husakta" "Wo Bhi Nae Husakta" "Ye Impossible Hey" "Ye Tu Sochna Bhi Mut"... Tu Ye Tu Wo" etc etc

Yeh we should just sit like losers...eat Maggi Noodles or Chocolate Fudge Cake while watching the deaths of our Jawans and Civilians every other day!!! Yeah Right!

Im starting to so very much hate this country "Afghanistan" and its Inhabitants!

Many of these measures are already in effect, however unlike the Maoist Insurgency which has a politico-economic theory at its core, the TTP have a religious ideology that means that it has much greater appeal, social penetration and is also producing more dedicated soldiers. However, Pakistan has had plenty of "trial and error" experiences and each day, the strategy is tweaked just a little bit to make it more effective.

If what you say is true then I can infer one of two things:

1. TTP is on it's last legs and a year or two of intense operations would finish them - like LTTE and this attack was just a desperate attempt to keep the moral high for their cadre and show that they are still strong.

2, TTP is getting resources/motivation from certain parties which allows them to re-group outside of Pakistan and then infiltrate again at strength and will to cause chaos. They are also being provided sanctuaries and support within Pakistan

In the latter case their are some hard decisions due which may involve attacking their infrastructure in Afganishtan with US support or without it. Building an electrified fence with manned sentry posts at short intervals - Expensive and prone to vandalization, massive army mobilization at the AF-PaK border which might be tricky considering tensions with India.

Another option would be empower local civil militias against TTP - do not know if it is feasible or what is the view of local tribes on TTP.

But as the Maxim goes - Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Haha, no brother, we're itching for an encounter with these bastards. I suppose, I want to share that motivation with you!
No i do understad a major tragedy has been averted. But we know we havent entirely won the battle. And well what i wrote that was for precaution.... not demeaning our forces. I think my post sent out a wrong a message.

In particular issues......a sovereignty is respected when it is sovereign in true nature..........
Pakistan just have to pass resolution in NA in favour of Pakistan military permitting them launching military covert or overt operation. That's only matter of courage and there will be lesson for next 365 days for sovereign country how make itself sovereign being not to be Puppet of India.

Icarus has already explained that but to mention once again NO you cannot, it is NOT a matter of courage but it is a matter of using brain and making tactical moves instead of any direct covert of overt operation against Afghanistan. Since US and Afghanistan have already been accusing Pakistan of the same but they could not launch any such operation on a mass scale against Pakistan? why ? because it unites the terrorists and bring even common man into the folds of terrorists

The situation is a bit more complicated than that, Sino, I believe, I'd need to write an article on what's truly going on.
I am following this thread since noon and have gone through man pages. Why Mr Arresh got banned ? He was making sense. If I am not wrong this war is going on since last 10 years. I was watching a debate in Chinese news channel today and they were saying the same thing. It's been long, just carrying out operation is not going to give results. Kill all those who are supporting them in Pakistan. Sorry to say but there are supporters within your population who has sympathy towards them. You can bomb one place and can defy their activities for some time but you cannot end them like this.

I am sorry for all the life lost today and don't want to see it again but it is completely an intelligence failure and that too when you are fighting a war.

My friend, the Great Wall was built during imperial times when a royal decree used to get things done regardless of losses. Fast forward to modern day and how do you propose paying for a 2250km long wall? The labour costs? The costs for providing security and services to the labour force?
And if we manage to make a wall of China 2.0, the enemy are not Mongols armed with bows and arrows who will be at a loss on how to scale a wall. A single bomber will be able to create a breach and the traffic will continue. Will you then propose posting guards at 100 feet from one another to ensure that as soon as a breach has occurred, it is reported and resistance mobilized?
So how do you suggest we neutralize the threat from Afghanistan?

Then you've no idea what NLI and FF did to the TTP and PS the Pakhtuns FC are the first line against the TTP these are the guys who cleared Swat. These are cowards. You cannot solve problems by reducing populations into stereotypes.
Unless you kill amd massacare your own kind the PAKHTUNS you will lose this war.

Russia tried and LOST for ten years
USA tried & LOST for 13 years

BILLIONS $$$$ spent they did not understand the language culture the dress code the religion.

Can Pakistan spend the money and time and the lives to take on a ENTIRE CIVILISATION like the afghan/pak Taliban.

I THINK NOT.

REASON.

Your country is to fixated on the regioinal super power NEXT DOOR.

Which means bomb blasts internal strife killings and taliban culture will keep seeping into Pakistan

its a vicious circle

Again I am no expert but you are as it appears! if we cannot build an obstruction or even sit to plan one or come up with should we twiddle with our thumbs. 2250km? when there is a will to do something it can be achieved surely you cant strike this down either. Surely a wall covering will not be built overnight but over the years. Surely funds could be allocated if we can build metros and other fancy projects surely we can do better balancing of the budget for it. We have been loosing public for years because of bombings has that deterred people that much are people who build this wont know what they are likely to loose their life. I am sure you will be able to find some labor. out of population of millions we cannot even get enough to man a border. aren't their electronic devices available in this day of age for a response either?

Are we that incompetent.

I could read the last two pages just briefly and with due respect,what sorta CounterTerrorism Expert you are who while replying to the number of suggestions given by some members here to the issue in discussion, could only come up with the solutions such as "Nae Ye Bhi Nae Husakta" "Wo Bhi Nae Husakta" "Ye Impossible Hey" "Ye Tu Sochna Bhi Mut"... Tu Ye Tu Wo" etc etc

Yeh we should just sit like losers...eat Maggi Noodles or Chocolate Fudge Cake while watching the deaths of our Jawans and Civilians every other day!!! Yeah Right!

Im starting to so very much hate this country "Afghanistan" and its Inhabitants!

I wouldn't be an expert if I chose to totally disregard ground realities and global conventions to jump on the same bandwagon as everyone else start beating my chest for war against Afghanistan. The world is not as simple as "Hey, I'm going to invade your country, topple your government and maybe bomb two of your provinces while we're at it, hope you don't mind".
LIC is the long fight, once you're in, you better have the capacity and the tenacity to take it right down to the end. If you start losing your **** after every single attack, then you should best be prepared for defeat.

The afghans Taliban have destroyed their own country
Their religious ideology and Sept 11 HAVE MADE the WEST the sworn emeny of islam globally
AND they will slowly eat at Pakistans already stretch resources and leave Pakistan financially weak and divided

Back
Top Bottom