What's new

Terrorist attack on Ahmadi mosques in Lahore

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^

Why are you pulling out comments from 15 pages back... that too for a member who was suspended for those comments??

these bhartis will not succeed in their mission, punjab and nagaland will soon carve out of them, they are doing this to us, so does it mean only our blood will spill and they would remain peaceful, we will not remain silent for long, as soon as this monkey zardari goes out, we will deal with dehli and mumbai soon..

we will also deal with the traitor pakistanis soon..

these bhartis, cry infront of us, gives us condolences, and laugh their hearts out some other place.. some bodys gonna bang you ugly people soon man..

Beta, get back to your books; it'll do you good.
God Bless you, Beta.

@Capt.Popeye
you r quoting a banned member,he got banned for these comments

Pakistan hunts mosque attackers
Ahmadiyya sect demanded protection from further attacks as as funerals took place on Saturday [AFP]

Funerals for the victims of Friday's Ahmadiyya mosque attacks in the Pakistani city of Lahore have been cancelled amid fears of further attacks on the minority community.

"We are not satisfied with the security arrangements. We have cancelled the mass funeral programme," Salim-u-din, a spokesman for Lahore's Ahmadiyya community said on Saturday.

The cancellations come as Pakistani authorities hunt members of the armed gang that left more than 80 people dead in a double attack on two mosques belonging to the sect on Friday.

Security forces battled the assailants for several hours in the aftermath of the co-ordinated suicide and grenade attacks on mosques in Garhi Shahu and Model Town on Friday, but some escaped.

The Ahmadiyya sect have been declared as non-Muslim by Pakistan because their interpretation of Islam differs from that of many Muslims. The community says it has been the target of previous attacks and has received regular threats in the past.

The co-ordinated assaults took place in different residential neighbourhoods of the city shortly after Friday prayers, police said.

'Sad day'

Raza Rumi, a policy analyst and editor of the Lahore newspaper Friday Times, said the attack marked a "very sad day" for both the city and Pakistan as a whole.

"The way this minority sect has been hounded for the past three decades has come to such a pass that you now have acts of violence even in private spaces of worship," he told Al Jazeera. "Their rights to worship and pray are not being adhered to."

"Since the late 19th century, their founder declared himself to be a messiah or prophet of sorts. In Islam, the finality of Prophet Muhammad as the final prophet is part of the Muslim belief system."

"So the Ahmadis were deviating from that and that has always irked fundamentalist Muslims. [However] not just moderate Muslims, but even the very devout and staunch Muslims of Pakistan do not support this act of terror."

Al Jazeera's Imran Khan, reporting from Lahore, explained more: "It's a doctrinal disagreement," he said. But he added that the community is well integrated in Pakistani society.

"All scholars will tell you that the Ahmadiyya are out of the fold. That doesn't mean they are out of the fold socially," he said.

The attack was condemned by Shahbaz Sharif, the chief minister of Punjab, who pledged to increase efforts to fight sectarian groups.

"It's a reminder to the nation that Pakistan will achieve its destiny only after we get rid of the worst type of extremism and fundamentalism," Sharif said.

"We, our security forces, will fight this menace till the end. Attacks on places of worship is barbarianism. It is a shame to cause bloodshed in mosques."

Lahore is the second largest city in Pakistan and a vital military and political centre. It has been the scene of several attacks by opposition groups.

Advance warning

The Human Rights Commission of Pakistan said it had warned of threats against the Ahmadiyya community centre in Lahore and demanded "foolproof security and protection" from the government.

It expressed concern over "the increasing sectarian dimension" of militancy in Pakistan, which it called "a big security threat to the entire society".

Daniyal Hassan, a reporter for the Pakistani Dawn News, told Al Jazeera: "The minority Ahmadiyya are not exactly considered as true Muslims, there is a lot controversy regarding it."
The attacks on the Ahmadiyya mosques took place just after prayers on Friday [AFP]

"They say they had been receiving quite a lot of threats from groups responsible for sectarian violence."

The attacks have drawn widespread international condemnation.

Asma Jahangir, the UN special rapporteur on freedom of religion, Gay McDougall, an independent expert on minority issues; and Philip Alston, a special rapporteur on extrajudicial, summary or arbitrary executions issued a joint statement on Friday calling for better protection for minorities.

"Members of this religious community have faced continuous threats, discrimination and violent attacks in Pakistan," the statement said.

"The government must take every step to ensure the security of members of all religious minorities and their places of worship so as to prevent any recurrence of today's dreadful incident."

The US condemned what it called "brutal violence against innocent people".

"We also condemn the targeting and violence against any religious group, in this case the Ahmadi community," Philip Crowley, the state department spokesman, said in Washington.

Catherine Ashton, the EU diplomatic chief, said she was "appalled".

For me it was a terror act just like all other attacks by terrorists in my country wherein innocent Pakistanis were killed. Whether Muslim or non-Muslim that doesn’t matter what matters is that Pakistanis were killed that too innocent ones.

Observation:

I just quickly scanned the 36 odd pages on this thread and found some very unfortunate biasness and wrong notion of learned members who are part of mod and TT section of this forum.

1. Terming or considering any member as bigot (because he has tried to clarify and correct the misconception about difference between qadyanis and Muslims), is one-sided rather wrong 200%.

Please do not assume that anyone who is stating the difference between a Muslim and declared qadyanis is justifying this killing. NO one is justifying this killing of qadyanis rather we all condemning it and taking it as another terrorist attack against Pakistanis.

2. Some people here are questioning that why this debate of qadyanis and Muslims is even brought to this thread?

Because this attack has everything to do to understand that why the terrorist have selected this particular community. Its very obviously even by looking at the number of pages here that this word qadyani in itself is a driving force for many to get attention.

Terrorists have been killing same number of Muslim Pakistanis as well rather more than this toll, But that has not cause this much attention of the world. With passage of time TTP and all other terrorist, sectarian terrorist groups have learnt the art of media war thanks to the glorification of acts of violence by media. Now they know how to get world attention otherwise whether Muslim of qadyani, the aim of the terrorists is to cause maximum panic and fear by killing Pakistanis irrespective of their faith.

Look at this following news item and read the names of the countries and officials who have condemned this attack. Now have you ever heard these people condemning killings of other innocent Pakistanis if it was not for their munfiq brains to cash the incident .

World condemns terrorist attacks on Ahmedis

WASHINGTON/NEW DELHI: The international community condemned the terrorist attacks on Ahmedis in Lahore on Friday. A statement issued by the Indian External Affairs Ministry said New Delhi sympathised with the bereaved families. US State Department spokesman Philip Crowley said, “We condemn this brutal violence ... and violence against any religious group, in this case the Ahmedi community.” UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon and the UK also condemned the attacks. EU diplomatic chief Catherine Ashton said she was appalled by the attack. iftikhar gilani/agencies.
Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

------------------
The blast in Meena bazaar Peshawar last year had killed more than 100 people mostly women and children all of them Muslims but that thread dint go up to 36 pages neither the world leaders issued any condemnation.

3. Qadyanis are not Muslims by any logic. Anyone who doesn’t not believe in finality of Prophethood of Last Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), is not a Muslim. (This is just to clear that who is a Muslim and who is not. It doesn’t justify the killings)

4. The word Mosque/Masjid: Some people here including Agnostic have tried to justify the use of mosque in the title by saying that since the Arabic word Masjid is used for worship place of Muslims hence the word mosque is justified if used for worship place of qadyanis. WRONG, totally wrong whether in Arabic, English, Persian or any other language there is a particular word which is used for Muslim worship places and one of these is mosque.
We use the word “juumaat” for mosque or masjid in Pashto does it mean that it has changed the meaning of a Muslim worship place??????? NO it doesn’t.
Since qadyanis are Not Muslims so you can not call their place of worship as mosque. They used this word because they consider themselves Muslims but they are not.
There are clear orders and wordings in Islam, Quran which clarify the requirements for becoming a Muslim and one of these requirements is to consider Muhammad (PBUH) as the last prophet of Allah and on him the prophethood ends. Simple as that.

I have said the same thing, in i dont know much posts in this thread.

They wont listen.. The MODS wont listen.. Do you think they will bother now..

MODS decision is final and we dont have the right to protest. This is what one of the Mod said..

It just like preaching democracy to the world and having dictatorship in their own backyard.

My freedom of speech allows me to speak. No one Cant take my right away.

Finger Crossed :smokin:
:hang2:

Mods should close this thread for a while.......some people are just haywired

I have said the same thing, in i dont know much posts in this thread.

They wont listen.. The MODS wont listen.. Do you think they will bother now..

MODS decision is final and we dont have the right to protest. This is what one of the Mod said..

It just like preaching democracy to the world and having dictatorship in their own backyard.

My freedom of speech allows me to speak. No one Cant take my right away.

Finger Crossed :smokin:
:hang2:

this forum has a specific trend~ liberals-bharatis-qadiyanis.

atleast we can raise our voice ....:tup:

It is their mosque .. An Ahmedi Mosque masjid.. There I said it .. And so will every sane person who knows his religion does not matter what other people call theirs. My "Iman" does not suffer with sticks and stones. We are a laughing stock around the world due to discussions like this.. Ban saying this and that .. and nothing changes around us.. people laugh and move on with their lives.. If it is not right for them to call it that, God will judge them .. worry about the other things that need immediate attention. And you are correct the Mods gave their answer on this subject, therefore in my opinion the case was closed 10 pages ago.

Why do we have to worry if the ahmadis are mulsims or not? what they call their worship place? why that much curosity?

I wonder there are same number of Indians died in Maoist attack but some Indians here on this thread are trying to dig up trolling comments by banned members to keep the trolling going on instead of going to the thread and mourn the death of those killed in Maoist attack

Why do we have to worry if the ahmadis are mulsims or not? what they call their worship place? why that much curosity?

Weak faith causes severe reaction, its human nature.

Mods should close this thread for a while.......some people are just haywired

This shows the gravity of this sensitive issue and why TTP chose to attack Ahmedyas Sect.

To be clear to all of you agian.. I condemn the attacks on Ahmadi worship place and killings of innocent Pakistanis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom