What's new

Terrorism: An Ideology or a Conspiracy

"Mathematics", "Fiqah" "Tafseer"....!!! Sounds impressive. Imam Ghazali said study of mathematics is useless as such knowledge that sum of angles of a triangle is equal to two right angles is of no practical use. Might be darse nizami is teaching similar kind of mathematics.

And so what if there was no western scientist prior to 1500...??? This is the period when Muslim world was in darkness. Period of Ibn-e-Rushd was about 1300. He ... who was disregarded by the Muslim society, invoked the spirit of rational inquiry in western mind. Because Ibn-e-Rushd was in Spain.

Before 1500, West was also deeply religious and dogmatic. They did not learn any religion in 1500. They have learned "rational inquiry" by that time. Now we are really irrational as compared with West.

And where Muslims learned science...??? It were the translations (Mainly done in the time of Mamoon Rasheed) of Greek and Indian Books which introduced science to Muslims.

Please read below article

Seyyed Hossein Nasr. Science and Civilization in Islam.

http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/med/nasr.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Every human being have divine wisdom to understand the true faith , but desire is must.

Yes, where the "unconditional love" comes from. Do not be so concern because this word is highly used in other religious books also.

Infact, in buddhism this unconditional love represents "salvation within unselfish, altruistic love for all sentient beings."

And Ideology of any religion lies in first and foremost accepting yourself to uncoditional love for your God first, the problem lies when you accept this concept, the ego takes over to change others based on there belief. There are numerous examples of this, For example, Christians belief of Mayan empire to be backward when the Spaniards arrived...

Anyways Like I have said that Terrorism is an Ideology based on conquering other peoples mind....

Yes, where the "unconditional love" comes from. Do not be so concern because this word is highly used in other religious books also.

Infact, in buddhism this unconditional love represents "salvation within unselfish, altruistic love for all sentient beings."

And Ideology of any religion lies in first and foremost accepting yourself to uncoditional love for your God first, the problem lies when you accept this concept, the ego takes over to change others based on there belief. There are numerous examples of this, For example, Christians belief of Mayan empire to be backward when the Spaniards arrived...

Anyways Like I have said that Terrorism is an Ideology based on conquering other peoples mind....

Every Dictator/ruler named freedom fighters as terrorists but after getting independence nation remember them as heros why?

And I want you to prove that for me.....

The minutemen and guerilla soldiers who fought in the American Revolution were "terrorists" since they used similar hit and run tactics.

The minutemen and guerilla soldiers who fought in the American Revolution were "terrorists" since they used similar hit and run tactics.

You make a good point, but wrong in the assessment of the strategy.

For once, they used it or better word would be to fight for there own freedom, in todays time what we have is an idealogy that should be accepted by everyone and the ones who do not follow is killed. This explains bombings in Pakistan as a well other Muslims who will not follow..

Yes there are simalarities, but a vast difference of an freedom fighter as you are trying to protrait...

Thanks..

You make a good point, but wrong in the assessment of the strategy.

For once, they used it or better word would be to fight for there own freedom, in todays time what we have is an idealogy that should be accepted by everyone and the ones who do not follow is killed. This explains bombings in Pakistan as a well other Muslims who will not follow..

Yes there are simalarities, but a vast difference of an freedom fighter as you are trying to protrait...

Thanks..

Every nation has their defination of terrorisim , very complex issue lol

Every nation has their defination of terrorisim , very complex issue lol

As I can clearly see you have no knowledge to defend or counter my argument, but I will leave it this to you. Al queda or Taliban is not a nation, which is defending, it is an idealogy that they are fighting. The Nations that you are mentioning, like Pakistan and Afganistan is equally on this road to killing these stupid Ideology.

Lets see how these Nations survive in the future!!!!

Nasr. Science and Civilization

Well, as you have presented this article ... you should ponder on following points of this same article:

"On the Oriental side the Indian and, to a lesser degree, the Persian sciences came to have an important bearing upon the growth of the sciences in Islam."

"There are most likely elements of Chinese science in Islam, especially in alchemy, pointing to some early contact between the Muslims and Chinese science."

"The totality of the arts and sciences in Islam thus consisted of a synthesis of the ancient sciences of the Mediterranean people, as incorporated and developed by the Greeks, along with certain Oriental elements."

Regards!

Nasr. Science and Civilization

Following is another quote from Hossein Nasr's article you presented.

"The Western world has since concentrated its intellectual energies upon the study of the "quantitative aspects" of things, thus developing a science of Nature, whose all too obvious fruits in the physical domain have won for it the greatest esteem among people everywhere, for most of whom "science" is identified with technology and its applications. Islamic science, by contrast, seeks ultimately to attain such knowledge as will contribute toward the "spiritual perfection" and deliverance of anyone capable of studying it; thus its fruits are inward and hidden, its values more difficult to discern."

Here Nasr distinguishes between "quantitative aspects" and inner and spiritual aspects.

First of all ... there is nothing like "spirituality" in science. Neither there should be any ... even in "Islamic Science". Spirituality should be practiced in the name of spirituality and NOT in the name of science. Neither any achievement in spirituality should be regarded as any achievement in Science ... Until and unless that spirituality is capable to defeat technology of science in the battle ground."

And now I am presenting below my own article on the topic of difference between Science and Philosophy. I also have mentioned that Science emphasizes on "Quantitative" study ... which is not the task of Philosophy. I also have explained, in this article, which form of knowledge is apparent and visible to general public and which form of knowledge is hidden to them.

Progress in Philosophy and Difference between Philosophy & Science:
By: Khuram

Humans face many questions and Science and Philosophy are considered to be important sources for finding the answers to those questions. Problems or questions etc. are basically of two types i.e. objective and subjective. Science has found solutions to only a few of objective type problems. Rest of objective type questions as well as the whole sphere of subjective type issues still fall under the purview of Philosophy.

As far as ‘objective’ issues are concerned, their progress is visible to even uneducated or less educated people. Progress in subjectivity however is concerned with the intellectual insights of some individuals – I mean Philosophers or other Spiritualists. Subjectivity is not concerned with finding the definite answers to the issues/ problems but it is concerned with determining the nature, extent and types of those problems. So progress can exist, in subjective issues also. But this type of progress has to be invisible to Non-Philosophical/ Non-Spiritual type people.

And a very important function of Philosophy is to elaborate, explain and account for the general but vogue feelings of a common person. The common persons may not be conscious of those feelings before having read the Philosophy. But while reading the Philosophy, the reader must feel as if it were the same things that already should have been known to him.

Function of Philosophy is to draw theoretical pictures of whatever we observe or feel. Philosophy should be concerned as much with generating questions as to the finding of answers. As a matter of fact, Philosophical assertions cannot be regarded as objective truths. Philosophy is subjective by nature. To be subjective does not mean to be inferior. Fact is that to be ‘subjective’ means to be ‘superior’ … because only humans are subjective whereas computer can be regarded even as an objective thinker.

‘Science’ is basically whatever can be proved objectively. And whatever can be proved objectively, initially it was already known to humans in subjective style. General theory of Relativity is Science because it can be supported by objective evidence. But point is that Einstien had conceived this theory perheps in 1916 whereas its experimental proof was found in 1919. It means that before when this theory bacame ‘science’ or that before when it could be proved objectively, it was already in the notice of humanity in subjective style.

In this way, science is only that portion of humanity’s subjective knowledge that could be proved objectively. And objectivity and truth are not Synonymous at all. Subjective ideas can be true whether or not they are supported by the objective evidence. During the period 1916-19, General Theory of Relativity had been remained such a subjective theory which was true in fact, despite the fact that no experimental proof had been found in that period.

Philosophy is much broader than science. Science is what questions have been objectively answered. Philosophy is what could be the more and more questions and what could be all the possible answers to those more and more questions. Philosophy takes precedence over science because it is Philosophy which has to raise questions and then to propose answers. Science takes only those answers, out of all the ‘proposed answers’, which can be experimentally proved by using the available experimental techniques.

Still another important difference between Science and Philosophy is the determination of quantitative relationships beween variables. Philosophy is NOT concerned with this activity whereas, in my assessment, Science overemphasizes the role and importance of this activity. In this way, Philosophy has to find the possible variables and to propose any possible relationships between those variables. Science then has to work out the exact quantitative relationship between those variables. Thus, in my assessment, the part of Newton’s second law which asserts the existence of positive relationship between force and acceleration, is Philosophical in nature. On the other hand, the formulation of exact quantitative relationship in the form of formula i.e. “F = ma”, is Scientific in nature.

And it is often said that Philosopher creates knowledge by mere ‘thinking’ whereas Scientist creates knowledge by ‘observing’. My point of view is that ultimate input for any kind of ‘thinking’ has to be found in ‘observations’. The role of philosopher is to systemetically shape the already existing observations into the form of Philosophical assertions regarding the existence of various inter-related variables. Scientist actually would purposefully ‘observe’ those already identified variables with the view to just test the already proposed kind of relationships between them. Galileo’s experiments about speed of falling objects having different weights as well as about the projectile motion were actually his purposeful attempts to just check the validities of the already established Greek Philosophical views regarding these matters.

Similarly, Michealsons & Morley’s experiment which led them to find the notion of ‘relative constancy of the speed of light’, was also basically their purposeful attempt to just check the validity of already existing philosophical type idea about the existence of ‘eather’. I am having the opinion that creation of Knowledge is not the role of Scientist. To create new knowledge is actually the role of Philosopher. The role of Scientist is just to extract the objective truths out of already existing ideas. Through experimentation (i.e. through purposeful observations), the scientist would bring refinements in many already existing vouge philosophical ideas by establishing the exact quantitative relationships between already existing variables.

There is another positive role of Scientist. He has to practically implement his so refined theories by inventing and applying new technologies also.

Last edited:
Allama Iqbal’s Approach towards the issue of Rationality:

Posted by khuram on August 27, 2006

Iqbal, basically was not a Rational Philosopher....

Well ... Muhammad Yahya ... you caught me on Internet. You have presented my own article from my own blog.:mps:

But it is a fact that Iqbal's approach is not realistic. It is Extreme Emotional in nature. But that approach was suitable in his time. He had to awake a totally dead slave nation. And he did it through emotional poetry and philosophy. But now we are independent nation. Now we need more rationality and less emotionality..

Regards!

Last edited:
Well ... Muhammad Yahya ... you caught me on Internet. You have presented my own article from my own blog.:mps:

But it is a fact that Iqbal's approach is not realistic. It is Extreme Emotional in nature. But that approach was suitable in his time. He had to awake a totally dead slave nation. And he did it through emotional poetry and philosophy. But now we are independent nation. Now we need more rationality and less emotionality..

Regards!

I admire Allama Iqbal’s passion. He is one of my ‘gurus’ and I have read his poetry extensively.

To understand Iqbal, one has to research his background. Iqbal was growing up in the last quarter of the 19th century. He was influenced at an early age by Syed Mir Hassan. That is why he was always partial towards Hazrat Ali. He was also affected by pan Islamism of Jamaluddinn Afghani, thus his praise and love for the Muslim Ummah.

At the Gov't College he came under the influence of Sir Thomas Arnold. Thru Sir Thomas he got a scholarship to study at Trinity College Cambridge simultaneously studying Law at Lincoln’s Inn. During this time he had an intense affair with Atiya Faizi. This shows he was no prude.

Subsequently he studied German before completing his PhD in “Development of metaphysics in Persia” during this research he read Maulana Rum poetry which is filled with Sufism. Let us face it Sufism is based on passion and irrational love.

He was also deeply influenced by Goethe and Nietzsche. His ‘Momen’ is probably inspired by the super man of Nietzsche.

All these influences combined with a very deep sense of helplessness as colonized Indian Muslim, framed his poetry and politico religious ideas. This shows up in his persian poetry in particular and his concept of 'Khudi'. What you call irrational, some people may call faith.

It is correct that Iqbal sometimes makes fun of the rational mind such as “

Bey khatar kood para atishe e Namrood mein ishq
Aql hai mahve tamasha e labe baam abhi.

Iqbal was not a prophet but he inspired a whole generation of Muslims to wake up and be counted. Iqbal was also a cynic, specaily evident from his comments on the Mosque that Lahoris built in one night.

Iqbal was certainly not a Taliban style Muslim, and despite all his faults and contradictions in his poetry, I love him; may be I am also a romantic at heart.

Last edited:
I admire Allama Iqbal’s passion. He is one of my ‘gurus’ and I have read his poetry extensively.

To understand Iqbal, one has to research his background. Iqbal was growing up in the last quarter of the 19th century. He was influenced at an early age by Syed Mir Hassan. That is why he was always partial towards Hazrat Ali. He was also affected by pan Islamism of Jamaluddinn Afghani, thus his praise and love for the Muslim Ummah.

At the Gov't College he came under the influence of Sir Thomas Arnold. Thru Sir Thomas he got a scholarship to study at Trinity College Cambridge simultaneously studying Law at Lincoln’s Inn. During this time he had an intense affair with Atiya Faizi. This shows he was no prude.

Subsequently he studied German before completing his PhD in “Development of metaphysics in Persia” during this research he read Maulana Rum poetry which is filled with Sufism. Let us face it Sufism is based on passion and irrational love.

He was also deeply influenced by Goethe and Nietzsche. His ‘Momen’ is probably inspired by the ideal man of Nietzsche.

All these influences combined with a very deep sense of helplessness as colonized Indian Muslim, framed his poetry and politico religious ideas. This shows up in his persian poetry in particular and his concept of 'Khudi'. What you call irrational, some people may call faith.

It is correct that Iqbal sometimes makes fun of the rational mind such as “

Iqbal was not a prophet but he inspired a whole generation of Muslims to wake up and be counted. Iqbal was also a cynic, specaily evident from his comments on the Mosque that Lahoris built in one night.

Iqbal was certainly not a Taliban style Muslim, and despite all his faults and contradictions in his poetry, I love him; may be I am also a romantic at heart.

Yes .. being romantic in heart and then now follow Allam Iqbal's path is good.

Ishq insaan ko andha bhi ker sakta hai. aqal istimaal kerni chahiye.

Iqbal sahib ne ishq-o-be-khudi k aalam main ye sher keh to diya hai ... Lakin as per Quran ... Hazrat Ibrahim kisi ishq ki waja se aatish main nahi koode thay. On ko saza k taur per aatish main phainka gaya tha. Lakin wo aatish se sahi salamat bach gaye thay.

Secondly ... Hazrat Ibrahim koi ishq waghaira main nahi thay. Quran has presented him as an ideal rational person. Wo jab Sun ko khuda samjhte hain aur phir os ko set hota dekhte hain to samajh jate hain k Sun koi god nahi ho sakta. Similarly jab kisi star ko god samajhte hain aur phir ose disappear paate hain to phir bhi samajh jate hain k star bhi koi god nahi ho sakta. So Hazrat Ibrahim God ko kisi ishq ki waja se recognize nahi karte balke apni rationality ko use kerte hain.

Allama Iqbal sahib ka ishq-o-Janoon poetry ki hud tak theek hai. It was even alright for the whole nation to follow when nation was a slave. But now after independence, whole nation should not be set to follow that path. Os raste ki manzil already mil chuki hai. Aage ki manazil cover kerne k liye rationality ki ziada zaroorat hai aur emotionality ki kam. Especially when we have become an atomic power. We are in need to prove ourselves as sensible, rational and responsible nation.

Regards!

Back
Top Bottom