What's new

Terror threat to olympics from turkey's lands???

Salim just thrown in a flame bait. Guys please ignore it. We can go on this all day.

I don't see you guys succeeding with much at all...all of the issues are ongoing, albeit with different intensities.

Of course.

It would not make you comfortable that all is well in India and there are only pinpricks and not upheavals!

Indians do not need to use artillery and air force as they have used other means to suppress the dissent which have been far worse....Kashmir remains a problem ever since independence, a little bit of lull does not mean that the problem has gone away. The same goes for Assam chaps...last I read they had killed 20 plus Indian commandos (Police or PM) and you are telling me that its all a surrender en-mass?...nice going...going by that, the recent murder of the Pakistani FC troops in FATA is a good sign for us..:rolleyes:

Yes, India does not use artillery and the air since the temperament is different.

When did you read that 20 commandos were killed? Ancient anecdotes in papyrus? I am not tell you that the Assam chaps are surrendering. It is in the news. Google.

Also the planning and execution of Op Bluestar by a sikh Army officer does not mean that it was a non-issue from the standpoint of the Sikhs and there was/is no disaffection with the Indian government. After all IG paid for this action against them with her life.

Yes indeed Ms Gandhi was killed. A patriot indeed!

Ms Bhutto too died for her beliefs!

Both knew that they had put their lives on line for their beliefs!

You guys are just as or even more fragile than us on the separatism issues and lastly, just want to point out that Pakistan's separatist issue (that of Balochistan) is massively stoked by India...the lives of countless Pakistani security personnel have been lost due to "paid for by India" terrorism in Baluchistan...so we too are subject to the same foreign hand as you point toward.

Not really that fragile. We have seen terrorism for quite sometime and are quite seasoned and take it in our stride.

We are also dying because of ''paid by Pakistan'' terrorism. What's new?

Webmaster,

No that is not so.

However, I will abide by your orders since you are right that this is an endless issue!

I think the original statement was for our own population. The heavy weapons of war are not used against Indians even if they are misguided and fighting against the state.

What NATO is doing is in a war zone against non-civilians. Though they may be heavy handed to avoid their casualties.

I don't see any commonality between the two.

Vinod,

The people all three sides are fighting, NATO, Pakistan, US, are non-civilian combatants, and what difference is there in killing someone with a assault rifle or a rocket from a Cobra?

They are dead and their families will mourn them either way.

The difference lies in the larger potential for collateral damage (and collateral damage is not something the Indians have avoided in Kashmir either) which is why the PA has not been as gung ho with airstrikes as NATO.

But it has limited collateral damage to a large extent through the tactics it has used.

^^ As you mentioned, the difference will be in collateral damage.

There is no way you can use artillery and air power in civilian areas without massive collateral damage.

PA has used these in FATA and Balochistan. IA has not done so to avoid the collateral damage even at the cost of more casualties.

Kasa kai, mitra.

Kuthey ranar ahe?

(That's Marathi for those who don't know)

Kashmiran, Tamil, Sikh people, Hyderabad Muslims, East Bangali people also want to maintain separate entities and do not wish to get indianized.

Kashmir - Yes, there are some who want Independence.

Tamil - [Well I am tamil and have never heard of this - may be work of Pak media] Or are you confused with LTTE, that is in Sril Lanka

Sikh - Khalistan movement is dead. Sikhs are the most loyal and prosperous race in India, they also contribute the most to the armed forces.

East Bangali - Where did you hear this ? Again work of Pak media.

If you have counter claims, please give Genuine links.

^^ As you mentioned, the difference will be in collateral damage.

There is no way you can use artillery and air power in civilian areas without massive collateral damage.

PA has used these in FATA and Balochistan. IA has not done so to avoid the collateral damage even at the cost of more casualties.
Massive collateral damage occurs when you use it indiscriminately like NATO - Pakistan has resisted doing so, and has done so at the cost of far greater loss of life of its security forces and has not employed it indiscriminately in civilian areas.

All you have to do is visit any of the threads related to the larger incidents of casualties incurred by the PA or FC to read almost every one lamenting the lack of air support.

So I do disagree with the argument put up by Salim and yourself that Pakistan's use of air power or artillery has resulted in massively greater collateral damage than that inflicted by India.

It is an option, and when used with care can be quite effective, as has been shown in the Swat operation and against Mehsud in Waziristan.

So I do disagree with the argument put up by Salim and yourself that Pakistan's use of air power or artillery has resulted in massively greater collateral damage than that inflicted by India.

That is not your fault.

You are not a military man.

I have been at the receiving end of arty and air during the wars and it is devastating!!

Google and find out if you don't believe me or join in where there is a ongoing war!

Let's not try to justify what one has no clue of!

I say that with all regard to you and your opinions which I respect.

That is not your fault.

You are not a military man.

I have been at the receiving end of arty and air during the wars and it is devastating!!

Google and find out if you don't believe me or join in where there is a ongoing war!

Let's not try to justify what one has no clue of!

I say that with all regard to you and your opinions which I respect.

No offense taken Salim.

You seem to have misunderstood me - I am not arguing that using artillery in populated areas will not result in higher damage compared to only boots on the ground, but that the PA has not used artillery or airstrikes in that fashion, for the most part.

The collateral damage from the PA operations is no where close to that inflicted by NATO in Afghanistan, and this care has been taken to a large degree because the PA is aware of the repercussions of inflicting collateral damage, especially in a region where culture and tradition demand vengeance.

In Balochistan, the rebels tend to ambush primarily in desolate areas and set up their camps in the same, and the collateral damage has been even lower, even according to some websites sympathetic to the rebel cause.

Why shouldn't airstrikes and artillery be used when the risk of collateral damage is reduce due the lack of proximity of non-combatants?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom