What's new

Terror threat to olympics from turkey's lands???

^^ And where did they teach you that?

One dosnt need to study or being taught to know the freedom struggles going on in India.

Ranging from Naxalits to bodoland you name it and you find it in India.

Tamils? Hyderabad Muslims! Ever heard of that. Show me just one report even Pakistani from the last 5 DECADES.

Sikh people? So why are they still joining the IA in such large numbers? When was it that one last heard of the Punjab disturbance!

And where is this East Bengal?

I can tell you your Balochistan problem itself is bigger than all of these so called problems combined. Though I think you many well be able to manage that.

and why did u people left out kannadigas ,marathis,malayali

its just like they see in pak.. they want separate Baluchistan, Pashtunistan.. etc.. it doesnt work that ways for all countries jana.. dont think India is like Pak

in pakistan if you even include the entire population of separation movement from Provence the numbers are no more then 10-15 million! how ever if india was under pakistan's circumstance fighting WoT where as shiks or muslims were to be targeted as terrorists then india would have been history! could india afford to maintain troops and stability in Kashmir, punjab shik/muslim dominated areas?

we are so much stable, in our indepedent period we never got any army coups and we never got spit either.. so dont have no doubts on that.

and u should measure the population thats agitating with respect to total population. Just because the number is small u are trying to show that all is rosy in there!!

if India was in pakistan's circumstances.. well its not.. so dont even need to think of it.

In any multi faith and a multi ethnic country, discontent is natural; more so, if in an Islamic country where faith is such a driving factor and it is the only religion, they are unable to control the rebellions and sectarian violence is a dime to a dozen!! Most extraordinary that when there is hardly any ground for dissensions, there is such uncontrollable turmoil!!

And interestingly enough, when there is a concept of oneness of Islam and one state of Islam i.e. the ummah, it is odd to find the people of Pakistan jettisoning the concept and being hell bent negate the Islamic concept of ummah and oneness!!

It is also interesting that whereas the terrorists are waging jihad in the name of the same Islam, they blatantly flout the concept of ummah! Paradoxical! It does show that they do not show the faith in Islam as they should, if Pakistan is an Islamic state and life revolves around and is dictated by Islam!!

And to find people who are wedded to the concept of ummah and their religion which is their States sole religion ánd which they hold supreme, unable to even enforce the tenets of their religion, pointing fingers at India for the turmoil on ethnic dissension, which is under control unlike in Pakistan.

Of course, there will be dissensions in India. It is very natural. There is a vibrant democracy as it was all these years and that promotes a variety of divergent views and because it is a democracy, there can be no draconian measures applied like bombing people with aeroplane or using the artillery to pulverise them!!

Last edited:
its just like they see in pak.. they want separate Baluchistan, Pashtunistan.. etc.. it doesnt work that ways for all countries jana.. dont think India is like Pak

Really? Last time I heard and read you guys had launched a massive operation in the Punjab to quell separatist dissidents...trying to do the same in Nagaland now and obviously we know the deal in Kashmir...separatist tendencies abound in India...Pakistan is not the only exception.

Really? Last time I heard and read you guys had launched a massive operation in the Punjab to quell separatist dissidents...trying to do the same in Nagaland now and obviously we know the deal in Kashmir...separatist tendencies abound in India...Pakistan is not the only exception.

If you are meaning Bluestar, then yes. It was planned and executed by a Sikh officer. It was followed up by another Sikh, who was the head policeman of Punjab. No dissensions were heard thereafter.

BTW, it was Pak sponsored terrorism!

Nagaland and NE is quiet except for sporadic incidents but their rebels are surrendering en mass!

Kashmir chugs along merrily and it is business as usual! Problems will continue. No big deal actually.

India does not use artillery or its air force to suppress dissent!! That is why we succeed and others don't. Those dissenting are not our enemies. They are misguided people and more so by foreign influences!

Actually the comparisons to 'seperatist movements' in India are valid - and they are just about as legitimate as those in India as well.

Salim,

Ahh like the Indian sponsored terrorism in Balochistan and elsewhere!

I haven't been following this thread, but it is apparent that the discussion has little to do with the thread subject anymore.

Jingoistic diatribes from either side offer little in the way of intelligent discussion.

Lets move on please

India does not use artillery or its air force to suppress dissent!! That is why we succeed and others don't. Those dissenting are not our enemies. They are misguided people and more so by foreign influences!

Yet you ask what else is NATO supposed to do.

Different standards for different audiences?

If you are meaning Bluestar, then yes. It was planned and executed by a Sikh officer. It was followed up by another Sikh, who was the head policeman of Punjab. No dissensions were heard thereafter.

Nagaland and NE is quiet except for the Assam chaps, but their rebels are surrendering en mass!

Kashmir chugs along merrily and it is business as usual!

I don't see you guys succeeding with much at all...all of the issues are ongoing, albeit with different intensities.

Indians do not need to use artillery and air force as they have used other means to suppress the dissent which have been far worse....Kashmir remains a problem ever since independence, a little bit of lull does not mean that the problem has gone away. The same goes for Assam chaps...last I read they had killed 20 plus Indian commandos (Police or PM) and you are telling me that its all a surrender en-mass?...nice going...going by that, the recent murder of the Pakistani FC troops in FATA is a good sign for us..:rolleyes:

Also the planning and execution of Op Bluestar by a sikh Army officer does not mean that it was a non-issue from the standpoint of the Sikhs and there was/is no disaffection with the Indian government. After all IG paid for this action against them with her life.

You guys are just as or even more fragile than us on the separatism issues and lastly, just want to point out that Pakistan's separatist issue (that of Balochistan) is massively stoked by India...the lives of countless Pakistani security personnel have been lost due to "paid for by India" terrorism in Baluchistan...so we too are subject to the same foreign hand as you point toward.

Yet you ask what else is NATO supposed to do.

Different standards for different audiences?

I think the original statement was for our own population. The heavy weapons of war are not used against Indians even if they are misguided and fighting against the state.

What NATO is doing is in a war zone against non-civilians. Though they may be heavy handed to avoid their casualties.

I don't see any commonality between the two.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom