What's new

terror attack in xingjing 07.28

TL;DR

Would you be kind to fill me in the story? Who is this man?

"Pro Chinese" Uyghur Cleric I guess. Seems like Uyghurs who support CPC are being targetted by radicals.

The head of the largest mosque in China who has been highly critical of violence by ethnic minority Muslim Uyghurs in the troubled Xinjiang region has been stabbed to death, according to witnesses and local officials.

Jume Tahir, the Uyghur imam of the Id Kah mosque in the ancient Silk Road city of Kashgar in China's western Xinjiang region, was found in a pool of blood outside the prayer house on Wednesday morning.

Abdugheni Dolkun, director of a neighborhood stability committee in Kashgar city, said that Tahir, who was in his 70s, was assassinated.

"He was a patriotic religious person, he lost his life in an assassination," Dolkun told RFA's Uyghur Service. "Right now, we are busy making arrangements for his funeral."

An owner of a shop at a market near the mosque said he was about to open for business when he saw police busy clearing a huge crowd that had gathered at the murder scene.

"I saw the body lying in front of the Id Kah mosque and when I asked one of those leaving the scene about the commotion and the police presence, he said the body was that of Juma Tahir," the shopowner said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

Here's another one.

Wife of Party Official Killed in Xinjiang ‘Revenge Attack’

"Pro Chinese" Uyghur Cleric I guess. Seems like Uyghurs who support CPC are being targetted by radicals.

The head of the largest mosque in China who has been highly critical of violence by ethnic minority Muslim Uyghurs in the troubled Xinjiang region has been stabbed to death, according to witnesses and local officials.

Jume Tahir, the Uyghur imam of the Id Kah mosque in the ancient Silk Road city of Kashgar in China's western Xinjiang region, was found in a pool of blood outside the prayer house on Wednesday morning.

Abdugheni Dolkun, director of a neighborhood stability committee in Kashgar city, said that Tahir, who was in his 70s, was assassinated.

"He was a patriotic religious person, he lost his life in an assassination," Dolkun told RFA's Uyghur Service. "Right now, we are busy making arrangements for his funeral."

An owner of a shop at a market near the mosque said he was about to open for business when he saw police busy clearing a huge crowd that had gathered at the murder scene.

"I saw the body lying in front of the Id Kah mosque and when I asked one of those leaving the scene about the commotion and the police presence, he said the body was that of Juma Tahir," the shopowner said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

Here's another one.

Thanks

Damn it! Few weeks ago, a senior official of Ministry of Public Security was also killed.

Last edited:

Here's another one.

No matter in which country the extremists are likethis,opposition the assassination dissidents and pacifists,breaches of the peace,They always like to stir up the never-ending battle.:angry:

塔伊尔大毛拉被极端分子杀害了,这帮畜生在开斋节杀害宗教人士,只因为宗教人士讲了几句批评恐怖主义的话,据说新疆很多爱国宗教人士都被威胁,现在都不敢出来说话了

塔伊尔大毛拉被极端分子杀害了,这帮畜生在开斋节杀害宗教人士,只因为宗教人士讲了几句批评恐怖主义的话,据说新疆很多爱国宗教人士都被威胁,现在都不敢出来说话了

当地民族主义势力很难解决,而且当前国家民族政策有很大缺陷。想要解决的话还需要时间磨合以及民族自身觉悟,在新疆的宗教文化环境以及民族矛盾历史背景下难度会很大,无论放宽还是紧压都会很麻烦,军管可能会是未来维稳唯一途径。

By
JOSH CHIN
Updated July 29, 2014 1:19 p.m. ET
WO-AT184A_CATTA_G_20140729131505.jpg

BEIJING—A group of assailants launched coordinated attacks on government and police buildings in China's far-western Xinjiang region on Monday, leaving dozens of people dead a day before the mostly Muslim area was set to celebrate the end of Ramadan.

Attackers armed with knives attacked the town of Elixhu, with some later moving on to the town of Huangdi, smashing cars and killing civilians, the official Xinhua News Agency reported on Tuesday.

Xinhua reported that dozens of civilians were killed, at least 30 cars were smashed and six more were set on fire in what it called "an organized, premeditated and carefully planned terrorist attack of vile nature and tremendous violence." Xinhua didn't identify the attackers.

Xinjiang, which abuts Central Asia and contains oil and natural-gas reserves, has long been riven by ethnic tensions between Han Chinese migrants and Xinjiang's Turkic-speaking, mostly Muslim Uighur ethnic group. Uighurs often complain of religious and economic discrimination at the hands of the Han Chinese majority.

While China says it has raised living standards and educational levels for Uighurs, frustration with Chinese rule has fed a long-running separatist movement.

Elixhu and Huangdi are located north of the city of Yarkand in western Xinjiang, the site of multiple violent attacks on police in the past year.

Calls to the Yarkand government press offices and Yarkand police went unanswered Tuesday.

Uighur separatists have periodically targeted the government and police for decades, but civilians have increasingly been targeted in recent attacks. In May, attackers in Urumqi, Xinjiang's capital, killed 31 people after hurling explosives and blowing up their vehicles in a street market, in what Beijing declared an act of terrorism.

China has also blamed the separatists for a series of mass stabbings at railway stations and an SUV attack on crowds near Beijing's Tiananmen Square in October that left five people dead.

President Xi Jinping has pledged to root out terrorism as the attacks have spread outside Xinjiang. China has tightened security in major cities, issuing handguns to regular police, launching new patrols by commandos in armored vehicles and stepping up security at subway stations.

Beijing has also urged foreign governments to clamp down on jihadist material hosted on servers in their countries.

On Tuesday, a photo of a purported internal report that was circulating online said at least five locations fell under attack over six hours Monday morning and that the attackers at one point assaulted a column of 90 soldiers rushing to the scene. Troops killed 16 of the attackers, the document said.

A police officer answering the phone in Elixhu on Tuesday confirmed those details but said he couldn't provide any other information. He also confirmed reports that Internet service in Yarkand had been suspended in the wake of the attack. "Starting from yesterday, the Internet has been shut down. The Web, instant messaging—none of it works," he said.

The attack came a day before Eid al-Fitr, the festival that marks the end of the Islamic holy month of Ramadan. Yarkand streets are typically filled with people during the festival, an employee of the city's Pengcheng Hotel said on Tuesday. "It's crazy, there's no one on the streets now," the employee said.

Police were working "all-out" to investigate the attack, Xinhua reported, adding that social order had be restored.
http://online.wsj.com/articles/grou...es-ethnic-han-in-far-western-china-1406650746

Here's another one.

Thanks

Damn it! Few weeks ago, a senior official of Ministry of Public Security was also killed.
No matter in which country the extremists are likethis,opposition the assassination dissidents and pacifists,breaches of the peace,They always like to stir up the never-ending battle.:angry:

It is ok as Uyghur muslim killed Uyghur muslim and not the Chinese.

It is ok as Uyghur muslim killed Uyghur muslim and not the Chinese.
Obviously its not okay as uyghur muslim separatists are killing chinese uyghur muslim and other chinese bystanders, they are killing chinese citizens who refused to let hatred blind their eyes/join their savage cause.

Obviously its not okay as uyghur muslim separatists are killing chinese uyghur muslim and other chinese bystanders, they are killing chinese citizens who refused to let hatred blind their eyes/join their savage cause.

I know brother and was trying to show Uyghur hypocrisy via sarcasm.

Islamic terrorism now taking toll on China too. Wherever these people are, they are having some or the other issues with the majority people. China should wipe out all those extremists once and for all. All the best.

Islamic terrorism now taking toll on China too. Wherever these people are, they are having some or the other issues with the majority people. China should wipe out all those extremists once and for all. All the best.

And China would. They would go one step ahead of Israel and the world wouldn't even know about it.

Back
Top Bottom