What's new

Terror attack in Gurdaspur, India

A true patriot and a giant in stature who inspired countless Indians and proved that India is second to none. Whole of India is forever indebted to him

I wish he recovers as his guidance and intellectual brilliance is still sorely needed.
Sorry for derailing this thread.

The site which announced his death went offline all of a sudden.
I am assuming he's no more and govt is getting ready to make the official announcement.

Kalam sir passes away. My heart is heavy.

RIP sir. You will be missed. Love and gratitude and immense respect.

An Indian hero is no more. Present arms.

Sad day for India...

APJ Abdul kalam is critical. :(

I posted a thread after learning that he has passed away from regional news channels. It turned out to be false rumour. But he has been shifted to vantilation, so chances of survival are realy slim. Faced the same situation when my uncle ( mom's bro) was shifted to vantilation a month ago. after diagonised from JE. He barely survived for two days. :(

I posted a thread after learning that he has passed away from regional news channels. It turned out to be false rumour. But he has been shifted to vantilation, so chances of survival are realy slim. Faced the same situation when my uncle ( mom's bro) was shifted to vantilation a month ago. after diagonised from JE. He barely survived for two days. :(
This is upsetting!!!

A very sad day for India.... :(

CBMs are an utter waste of time bro, what have they achieved? CBMs can only be pursued once there is a basic level of trust- what is the point in pursuing CBMs when the other side is looking for every opportunity to stab you in the back?

Cross border terrorism is a national problem and even Pakistan Establishment has accepted in the past about the non state actors but they have to improve security situation and stop weapons smugglings and funding.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...s-last-words/article7470656.ece?homepage=true

These were the last words Punjab’s Superintendent of Police Baljit Singh told his eldest daughter Ravinder Kaur on Monday morning before terrorists killed him in Gurdaspur district.
“I am busy, call me later.” These were the last words Punjab’s Superintendent of Police Baljit Singh told his eldest daughter Ravinder Kaur on Monday morning before terrorists killed him in Gurdaspur district.

Singh, 48, died while fighting the three terrorists holed up in the police station complex in Dinanagar town, about 15 km from the Pakistan border.

“I called my father on his mobile at around 9.30 in the morning when we came to know that an encounter is going on. ‘I am busy, call me later’ was his only reply,” Ravinder Kaur told reporters here.

With tears rolling down, she said her father was engaged in the counter-offensive launched by the police when she called him.

Ravinder, who is pursuing bachelor of dental surgery from a Bathinda college, is the eldest among three children.

Singh, who headed the detective branch of police in Gurdaspur, suffered bullet wounds and died in a hospital.

Singh was inducted into Punjab Police in 1984 on compassionate grounds after the death of his father Achar Singh, who was also employed with the police.

“Baljit Singh’s father died in a road accident in 1984 but the police then believed that he got killed by the militants. For his exceptional service his son was given the job as an ASI (assistant sub inspector),” a senior police official told IANS.

Singh’s youngest son Maninder Singh has gone to Gurdaspur to bring his father’s body to his hometown. He is likely to cremated with State honours here on Tuesday.

Vile and evil. I hate such people, regardless of any cause they claim to represent.
RIP to the poor folks who lost their lives, police and civilians.

Police believe that the attackers are from Indian-administered Kashmir.

Gurdaspur is a vast and rural district, not as prosperous as other districts in Punjab. It is not immediately an obvious choice for an assault such as this.

Gurdaspur attack: Ten killed in Indian police station siege - BBC News

07:58 PMLashkar-e-Taiba behind the Gurdaspur attack : MHA

Indian security personnel celebrate on the roof of a police station after a gunfight in Dinanagar town, in Gurdaspur district of Punjab, India, July 27, 2015.Reuters/Mukesh Gupta

r

Indian security personnel stand at a police station after a gunfight in Dinanagar town, in Gurdaspur district of Punjab, India, July 27, 2015.
Reuters/Mukesh Gupta
r

Indian policemen take their positions next to a police station during a gunfight at Dinanagar town in Gurdaspur district of Punjab, India, July 27, 2015.
Reuters/Munish Sharma

r

Indian policemen take their positions next to a police station during a gunfight at Dinanagar town in Gurdaspur district of Punjab, India, July 27, 2015.
Reuters/Munish Sharma
r

Monday, July 27, 2015
Kiran Bala, wife of Amarjit Kumar, a shopkeeper who was killed in a gunfight, weeps at her residence on the outskirts of Dinanagar town in Gurdaspur district of Punjab, India, July 27, 2015. REUTERS/Mukesh Gupta

r

Reuters / Monday, July 27, 2015
Indian policemen take their positions as their colleagues watch next to a police station during a gunfight at Dinanagar town in Gurdaspur district of Punjab, India, July 27, 2015. India tightened security on the border with old enemy Pakistan on Monday after heavily armed men stormed a police station in the northern frontier state of Punjab, killing six people and wounding several others. REUTERS/Munish Sharma

r

Back
Top Bottom