What's new

Terrible accuracy shooting at gun range...what happened?

So, so jealous. I ordered a tiny *** BB gun from some Chinese website. Nek minnit called into a coppers to explain myself.

Australia for you.

So, so jealous. I ordered a tiny *** BB gun from some Chinese website. Nek minnit called into a coppers to explain myself.

Australia for you.

Don't be that jealous, it wasn't that amazing. :rofl:

Gun was rusty, but, it's a solid firearm. Sig is the way to go. :tup:

Simple! You need to calibrate your weapon sights. The same weapon fired by someone else will hit the target at a different spot than aimed at.

So fire at least 5 rounds on the target - check grouping on the target - calculate the distance of the center of the grouping to the point of aim (The bulls eye in most cases) - adjust the sights according to the table provided for the weapon - fire again. This time you would be bang on target!!

(needless to say, this procedure doesn't apply to firing in the 'hip position' for CQB)

Best of luck!

Simple! You need to calibrate your weapon sights. The same weapon fired by someone else will hit the target at a different spot than aimed at.

So fire at least 5 rounds on the target - check grouping on the target - calculate the distance of the center of the grouping to the point of aim (The bulls eye in most cases) - adjust the sights according to the table provided for the weapon - fire again. This time you would be bang on target!!

(needless to say, this procedure doesn't apply to firing in the 'hip position' for CQB)

Best of luck!

I wish I could have shot consecutive rounds but the gun was jamming too much and too rusty. No shells were ejecting with the exception of four rounds out of 50 fired.

Hello my friends, :rofl:

I shot a Sig P229 at a gun range today, anyways. The practice target was maybe 7 meters away or less. It appeared to me as if I was aiming at least at the chest. It turned out I couldn't make out any holes and I I tried raising it to aim for the head yet it still appeared that I shot way below.

Any tips for next time? How was I this off? I managed to get no recoil. But, when I pressed the trigger prematurely i got recoil and I actually hit the target.

So do I need to raise the gun next time?
1-
-Pistol Sight Alignment
2-
- same as above but a bit more detail

3- http://www.agirlandagunclub.com/product_images/uploaded_images/diagnostic-pistol-target.jpg print this out and take it to the range once you are hitting close to but not where you intend to shoot.

I wish I could have shot consecutive rounds but the gun was jamming too much and too rusty. No shells were ejecting with the exception of four rounds out of 50 fired.

Give it to someone you do not like !!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom