What's new

Terminal velocity: China tests world's longest high-speed rail line

ofc it is expensive else india pak bangladesh all would have high speed trains right now lol
yes true but if they have made it am sure many will use it and if many use it it should be affordable right?

yes true but if they have made it am sure many will use it and if many use it it should be affordable right?

I think the cost is like 1/3 to 1/2 of an air ticket for same distance. Still expensive but I would prefer it over air travel

I think the cost is like 1/3 to 1/2 of an air ticket for same distance. Still expensive but I would prefer it over air travel
can we let a Chinese answer...I want to know in reference to their income and all, standard of living...if it has no benefits, why build it?

Any chinese members? @Chinese-Dragon Only Chinese member I know :ashamed:

can we let a Chinese answer...I want to know in reference to their income and all, standard of living...if it has no benefits, why build it?

Any chinese members? @Chinese-Dragon Only Chinese member I know :ashamed:

Also how many people can they carry. The pics show 2+2 seating in a narrow train.

From Beijing to Guangzhou, it's about 1891 km or 1175 miles, the price of second class seat is ¥862 yuan, about $141 dollars. It's about ¥0.46 yuan per km, $0.12 dollar per mile.

Basically, we don't always travel that far from Beijing to Guangzhou by HSR, most people would prefer planes.

I usually traveled from Wuhan to Changsha, both capital cities of two neighboring provinces, short distance about 293 km or 182 miles, the price of second class is $26 dollars.

Max capacity 1,114 passengers.

From Beijing to Guangzhou, it's about 1891 km or 1175 miles, the price of second class seat is ¥862 yuan, about $141 dollars. It's about ¥0.46 yuan per km, $0.12 dollar per mile.

Basically, we don't travel that far from Beijing to Guangzhou by HSR, most people would prefer planes.
I usually traveled from Wuhan to Changsha, both capital cities of two neighboring provinces, short distance about 293 km or 182 miles, the price of second class is $26 dollars.

Max capacity 1,114 passengers.
Thank you!! :)

And how is this based on what a common Chinese earns?! I mean is it considered cheap? or reasonable in any ways? If not then why was this project undertaken? If yes, then how many actually use it?

Thank you!! :)

And how is this based on what a common Chinese earns?! I mean is it considered cheap? or reasonable in any ways? If not then why was this project undertaken? If yes, then how many actually use it?

The accurate occupancy rate depends on the time, distance....the most crowed HSR line would be Beijing-Guangzhou HSR, everyday it's almost 100%, even some people don't have seat and they have to stand there...

Beijing–Guangzhou–Shenzhen–Hong Kong High-Speed Railway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For short term rides, it's very high. Compared to bus travel, it saves money. For long distance destination, we choose planes, a relativcely cost effective way under this situation.

The price is not cheap, but many people can afford it.

China population is over a billion, speed rail can transport large number of the population, also lower the used of car on the road, reduce air population.
Precisely because the locomotive have a monopoly on the medium -- rails, and precisely because this medium have far less structural and construction requirements and less time to build than a road over the same distance, rail of whatever speed to transport volume of people and cargo is the best thing China could invest in in order to provide economic growth.

But just like the American countryside once towns and cities became established, businesses always diversifies and once they do, the locomotive's limited flexibility to deliver smaller volume of people and cargo will manifest. Once you delivered larger volumes of cargo to X destination, how else are you going to deliver smaller volumes of cargos? Smaller rails and smaller locomotives? No, you need other modes such as horse drawn carriages or even people pulling carts. Then eventually the car showed up.

China cannot escape this progression.

It's the combination of transportation modes that will gives us the choice and the freedom.
Which was my point to start...

So how many pairs of kneepads have you gone thru?

Back
Top Bottom