What's new

Tensions rise over Afghan, Pakistan border dispute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taqat ka nasha makes one blind. Pakistan and Pakistanis consider Afghanistan very weak country, consider them dependant on them, with such mindset it is not surprising they didnt cared to check out on map at which exact location durand line is running.
Afghanistan is a weak country that is dependent on us, cant deny the facts. Anyways Pakistan Should keep building that gate so that when civil war and possible partition of that country happens, we can be protect ourselves somewhat

In areas in which Pushtoons do want to become a part of Pakistan, why should we force them to become a part of Pakistan?

and what are those areas? Why they need to join Pakistan when they can easily move in and out of pakistan, durand is porous. And pakistan is not exactly U.S.A or paradise on earth that they would sell themeselvs to Pakistan...they are very free-spirited azaad people.

1.As GG Iskandar Mirza had made a serious attempt to bridge the gap between the to Muslim neighbors. Mirza was a blue blood himself and had met the Shah to break the ice. He spoke Pashtu and Persian fluently. Persian was spoken in his family and Pashtu he had picked up as Political Agent. He understood the Pashtuns / Afghans as no other Pak leader. Unfortunately he did not last long.

2.Sadly Ayub was too busy with internal matters to give any serious attention. Zia would definitely have reasoned out a deal with the Afghans, given his services to them.

3. Pakistan must wait for a visionary leader to emerge and neutralize any Afghan misgiving. I remember a long time back reading in the paper that the Afghans would accept Air Marshal Asghar Khan as a mediator and listen to him.

In areas in which Pushtoons do want to become a part of Pakistan, why should we force them to become a part of Pakistan?

Afghanistan is a weak country that is dependent on us, cant deny the facts. Anyways Pakistan Should keep building that gate so that when civil war and possible partition of that country happens, we can be protect ourselves somewhat

You would protect yourself by building of a gate?, i thought wall like dewar-e-cheen would serve that purpose..

You would protect yourself by building of a gate?, i thought wall like dewar-e-cheen would serve that purpose..

I said somewhat of a protection, not full. Pakistan should be doing a lot more to close the durand line, but this government for some reason likes to listen to the delusions of a 4th world country.

Hypothetically speaking.
If you annex the Pushtoons regions of Pakistan, then the Pushtoons would not be allowed to freely move in and out of Pakistan, they would require visas, like any other foreigner.

Also, Pakistan and foreign Pushtoons state would have separate economy and currency.

I dont think you know what annex means. It means the exact opposite of what you currently think it means. Annexing Pustun areas will make it a part of Pakistan, so they will freely travel in Pak without visas and have same currency and economy.

I said somewhat of a protection, not full. Pakistan should be doing a lot more to close the durand line, but this government for some reason likes to listen to the delusions of a 4th world country.

Have you ever been to torkham? Do you know what kind of terrain is pak-afghan border?...you can not fence or mine it...i dont what was the purpose of this gate other than provoking afghans.

I dont think you know what annex means. It means the exact opposite of what you currently think it means. Annexing Pustun areas will make it a part of Pakistan, so they will freely travel in Pak without visas and have same currency and economy.

Thank you for telling. I have edit my post.

Have you ever been to torkham? Do you know what kind of terrain is pak-afghan border?...you can not fence or mine it...i dont what was the purpose of this gate other than provoking afghans.

I never said that we should fence or mine it. And no one cares about Afghans, they must be smoking their number one export if they think anyone will say anything to Pakistan about building a gate inside PAKISTANI territory.

Hypothetically speaking.
If you separate the Pushtoons regions from Pakistan, then the Pushtoons would not be allowed to freely move in and out of Pakistan, they would require visas, like any other foreigner.

Also, Pakistan and foreign Pushtoons state would have separate economy and currency.

Why you are casually speaking about separation of pakhtun areas of pakistan? Do you think pakistan is all about punjab? Your punjab can not survive without rest of three provinces.

In the past, Pakistan's Frontier Corps thugs have fought alongside the Taliban against the Northern Alliance. So suspicion towards their activities is not surprising.

He is under the delusion that Pashtuns will join Pakistan (an artificial country made for Muslims of the sub continent) without a fight.

Says a refugee in West who's country cant even considered a country , lacking coherence as a nation , what sort of situation do you have in your country to speak of Pakistan ? :azn:

As soon as you cross the Khyber Pass , you will get behind one century :D - Urdu phrase

In the past, Pakistan's Frontier Corps thugs have fought alongside the Taliban against the Northern Alliance.

In the past , once upon a time , the Afghan thought they can invade FATA , only to be turned back with heavy causalities by the people of Pakistan :D

Why not? Is this not what the Pushtoons want, to get a separate sovereign state from Pakistan?

No , they do not ... What gives you that idea ? Monkey ? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom