What's new

Tension in Hyderabad over Pakistan independence day celebration

This is one of the finest examples of how yahoos of both sides feed on each other and grow strong. The flag-hoisting was not by any community as VHP or BJP would like us to believe. In fact there was no flag-hoisting. It was an independence day celebration by an NGO to promote good relations between both countries.
Mild tension prevailed at the Exhibition Grounds in Nampally when VHP activists tried to disrupt an event organised by COVA at Gandhi Darshan hall on the premises on Tuesday.

COVA, in collaboration with several civil society groups, organised joint celebrations of Independence Day of India and Pakistan. Raising slogans, the of VHP activists attempted to enter the premises, but the police foiled their attempts and dispersed them.

Protestors, however, squatted in front of the Exhibition Grounds main gate and raised slogans denouncing the attitude of COVA in organising such an event. They alleged that organisers hoisted Pakistan national flag at the venue. Police officials later took the protesters into custody and released them later. In a press release, COVA executive director Mazher Hussain clarified that such programmes were organised in India and Pakistan and condemned the false propaganda that they had hoisted Pakistan flag. “We have not hoisted flags of any country during the event,” he maintained.
The Hindu : Cities / Hyderabad : Tension prevails at COVA event

BJP is desperately trying to make a comeback in Hyderabad, once a hot bed of communal tensions. They have a new young and enthusiastic leader, who already was successful in bringing Section 144 back to old city. I hope he fails.

And btw, in India, it is legal to hoist another country's flag if India's flag is also hoisted first and India's flag is at a higher level than the other country's flag.

#ofcourse you should lvoe muslim countries shouldn't you? that is a dumb sentence! a pillar of being muslim is love your fellow muslims! and their pain is your pain! so unless you are a non muslim you should know this basic!

Love your fellow Muslims except Uighurs and don't raise voice against their killing and Ramadan ban because higher than Mountain friendship is most important. :girl_wacko:

#ofcourse you should lvoe muslim countries shouldn't you? that is a dumb sentence! a pillar of being muslim is love your fellow muslims! and their pain is your pain! so unless you are a non muslim you should know this basic!
You are right pillar of islam is to love ummah and get kicked by arabs and kill fellow muslim in pious month of Ramdan by declaring /judging him /her as mushrik/qayadi/kafir....:rolleyes:

According to your Lame logic, Your Govt. should have been fighting War Against USA & NATO in IRAQ, LYBIA & AFGHANISTAN.Why is it kissing USA *** & Killing your Afghan Brothers.... Crocodile Tears :rofl::eek::shout::cry: MAI BAAP PAISA BOLTA HAI $$$$$ Doogla....

303038-fishingformoney-1323233434-660-640x480.jpg

If I was living in extreme oppression , discrimination , and danger due to my religious views... I would've felt the same way.

May Allah help Indian Muslims .....

Delusional kid, talk this BS when your Muslim friends from India seek asylum in Pakistan. If India opens its gates, half of Pakistan will run to India.

muslims love ur fellow muslims??? What is happening to Shia muslims in pakistan

Some people really concentrate on Al-quran.

“O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honourable of you with Allaah is that (believer) who has At‑Taqwa [i.e. he is one of the Muttaqoon (the pious)]. Verily, Allaah is All‑Knowing, All‑Aware”
[al-Hujuraat 49:13]

49:10. But the faithful are brothers, so make settlement between your brothers and fear the God; perhaps you may receive mercy.

49:11. O you who accept faith, let not people ridicule other people. Perhaps that they may be better than them and nor let women other women. Perhaps that they may be better than them. And do not insult one another and do not call each other by nicknames. Wretched is the name of profanity/disobedience after the faith, and whoever repents not, those, they are the unjust.

"O ye who believe, obey God and obey the Prophet and obey those in authority from among you."
(Chapter 4: Verse 60)

Prophet Muhammad has also said:
"He who obeys me, obeys God; he who disobeys me disobeys God. He who obeys his authority obeys me; he who disobeys his authority disobeys me" (Muslim, Kitab al Imarah).

Pakistan’s 65th Independence Day celebrations was organized by a community at Exhibition grounds,Hyderabad today lead to mild tension there.

After knowing, celebrations would start with the Pakistani flag hoisting ceremony in Exhibition grounds, Nampally,Hyderabad. Vishwa Hindu Parishad plunged into action to stop this flag hosting. They said it is unethical to host our enemy country flag.

While the police immediately responded took control of the situation and the whole Exhibition grounds , sent back the two groups from there. Now, Situation under control.

Tension in Hyderabad Over Pakistan Independence Day Celebrations - YouTube

I am a little taken aback and put off to see the way this incident has been misrepresented.

It was nothing to do with Muslims. It was a hapless social organization that had planned to put up BOTH countries' flags, in a forlorn hope to light some feeling of friendship. The VHP, of course, got the bull by the balls, as usual.

Please don't convert this well-meaning gesture to some communal matter of deep consequence, and please don't use this incident as a peg on which to hang your prejudices on both sides. It was a sad thing to happen, and we should wonder about the deep bitterness and mutual antipathy that makes such a harmless gesture impossible.

Love your fellow Muslims except Uighurs and don't raise voice against their killing and Ramadan ban because higher than Mountain friendship is most important. :girl_wacko:

its nice how you portray us as the ideal muslim nation! but oh well for us Kashmiri killings are currently bigger and more important of an issue. which to indian instituionalized muslims doesn't even show up in radar.

ughur is not a genocide like kashmir is! please don't try to compare apples and oranges!

This is one of the finest examples of how yahoos of both sides feed on each other and grow strong. The flag-hoisting was not by any community as VHP or BJP would like us to believe. In fact there was no flag-hoisting. It was an independence day celebration by an NGO to promote good relations between both countries.

The Hindu : Cities / Hyderabad : Tension prevails at COVA event

BJP is desperately trying to make a comeback in Hyderabad, once a hot bed of communal tensions. They have a new young and enthusiastic leader, who already was successful in bringing Section 144 back to old city. I hope he fails.

And btw, in India, it is legal to hoist another country's flag if India's flag is also hoisted first and India's flag is at a higher level than the other country's flag.

I am sorry, I had not noticed your useful summary before posting my own comment.

Some people really concentrate on Al-quran.

“O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honourable of you with Allaah is that (believer) who has At‑Taqwa [i.e. he is one of the Muttaqoon (the pious)]. Verily, Allaah is All‑Knowing, All‑Aware”
[al-Hujuraat 49:13]

49:10. But the faithful are brothers, so make settlement between your brothers and fear the God; perhaps you may receive mercy.

49:11. O you who accept faith, let not people ridicule other people. Perhaps that they may be better than them and nor let women other women. Perhaps that they may be better than them. And do not insult one another and do not call each other by nicknames. Wretched is the name of profanity/disobedience after the faith, and whoever repents not, those, they are the unjust.

"O ye who believe, obey God and obey the Prophet and obey those in authority from among you."
(Chapter 4: Verse 60)

Prophet Muhammad has also said:
"He who obeys me, obeys God; he who disobeys me disobeys God. He who obeys his authority obeys me; he who disobeys his authority disobeys me" (Muslim, Kitab al Imarah).

Allaah says: “Verily, as for those whom the angels take (in death) while they are wronging themselves (by not performing Hijrah), they (angels) will say (to them): ‘In what (condition) were you?’ They will reply: ‘We were weak and oppressed in the earth.’ They (angels) will say: ‘Was not the earth of Allaah spacious enough for you to migrate therein?’ Such men will find their abode in Hell – what an evil destination! Except the weak ones among men, women and children – who cannot devise a plan, nor are they able to direct their way. These are the ones whom Allaah is (most) likely to forgive, and Allaah is Ever Oft-Pardoning, Most Forgiving.” [Surah An-Nisaa: 97-99]

And He says: “O My servants who believe (in Me)! Verily, My earth is spacious so to Me alone, perform your worship.” [Surah Al-‘Ankaboot: 56]

I am a little taken aback and put off to see the way this incident has been misrepresented.

It was nothing to do with Muslims. It was a hapless social organization that had planned a joint celebration in a forlorn hope to light some feeling of friendship. The VHP, of course, got the bull by the balls, as usual.

Please don't convert this well-meaning gesture to some communal matter of deep consequence, and please don't use this incident as a peg on which to hang your prejudices on both sides. It was a sad thing to happen, and we should wonder about the deep bitterness and mutual antipathy that makes such a harmless gesture impossible.

PS: I had to correct my earlier comment as it appears from press reports that flags were not, in fact, hoisted, and there were only very harmless activities - joint celebrations, whatever they meant - planned.

The VHP were in too great a hurry to find out what was going on. A Tamil colleague summed it up, talking of a hasty and impulsive senior officer: "....in so much of a hurry that he'll piss on the fire to put it out!"

According to your Lame logic, Your Govt. should have been fighting War Against USA & NATO in IRAQ, LYBIA & AFGHANISTAN.Why is it kissing USA *** & Killing your Afghan Brothers.... Crocodile Tears :rofl::eek::shout::cry: MAI BAAP PAISA BOLTA HAI $$$$$ Doogla....

303038-fishingformoney-1323233434-660-640x480.jpg

what a moronish logic you just gave.. shame on you.. where is Pakistan fighting against Iraq, Libya and other you mentioned.. our troops are inside our territory only.. and yes we condemn wherever suppression is done!!!

This is what I Wrote: According to your Lame logic, Your Govt. should have been fighting War Against USA & NATO in IRAQ, LYBIA & AFGHANISTAN.Why is it kissing USA *** & Killing your Afghan Brothers.... Crocodile Tears MAI BAAP PAISA BOLTA HAI $$$$$ Doogla.... Comprehension Problem. Apparently, effect of Madrasa Education. Read it again :blah:
:wave:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom