What's new

Tendulkar's world-record 200

Another dumb theory .. so according to u if Sachin has Kuruvilla and Prasad to open the bowling and Inzi has Wasim and Waqar to do so, Inzi automatically becomes a better batsman by virtue of having much greater chances of winning the game ? What happened to the "team sport" ? The other 10 are supposed to play the flute while the superstar hits/bowls ?

No, my Indian dear......I was expecting neg attitude from Indians as always

Please learn to differentiate between pressure games and other regular games.

Great players play in pressure games and win the title for the country. U see We won WC 92 coz we had Imran Khan.....not coz only we had Miadad , moin, Waeem and Inzi.

Similarly u can take example from 83 WC......just some history

See my link

Anzi's ave. away ,home and as captain is much better .

I think you like quantity not quality:lol:

Firstly, its the year 2010, not 2004.

In case u just started following cricket, Tests & odis are different. Even within odis, Sachin averages 43.77 (less than 1 run difference from overall record) on away/neutral venues while Inzi averages 36.26 (more than 3 runs less than overall average).

Moreover, overall Inzi scored 11739 runs at SR~74.24 while Sachin scored 17394 (and counting) at SR~85.90 ... Now tell me who's better at quantity (runs, avg) as well as quality (Strike Rate) :cheesy:

No, my Indian dear......I was expecting neg attitude from Indians as always

Please learn to differentiate between pressure games and other regular games.

Great players play in pressure games and win the title for the country. U see We won WC 92 coz we had Imran Khan.....not coz only we had Miadad , moin, Waeem and Inzi.

Similarly u can take example from 83 WC......just some history

By your logic .. Kallis is not a gr8 player, SA never having won a WC ? Is Lara a gr8 player ? How about Sir Richard Hadlee ? Just asking ..

And whats the greatness metric for tests since we do not have big tournaments ?

can we clarify the metrics first on which we are comparing players?

if we talk about international recognition then inzaman is nowwhere near sachin in fact none in the players in the world has such a huge fan following or the highest paid person for being a brand ambassador.

where as if talk about performing in pressure inzamam has definetly been better

Firstly, its the year 2010, not 2004.

In case u just started following cricket, Tests & odis are different. Even within odis, Sachin averages 43.77 (less than 1 run difference from overall record) on away/neutral venues while Inzi averages 36.26 (more than 3 runs less than overall average).

Moreover, overall Inzi scored 11739 runs at SR~74.24 while Sachin scored 17394 (and counting) at SR~85.90 ... Now tell me who's better at quantity (runs, avg) as well as quality (Strike Rate) :cheesy:

No body can deny this fact that Inzi is much better player then Sachin under pressure.:D

comparing sachin with inzy is like comparing curry prepared with 'Paneer' to curry prepared with 'Aaloo'.

haha Inzi compared to Sachin :blink:

Man Mohd. Yousuf is better batsmen than Inzi any day, only modern Pak batsmen which comes close to Dravid and Sachin in technique.

Inzi has poor avg. in Eng, Aus, SA. Really pathetic 30~ avg.

and people who say Sachin is not good player under pressure, must read -

Test Cricket

No. of Centuries = 47
Centuries in Games India won = 20
Centuries in Games India lost = 8
Centuries in Games India Draw = 19

In One Day Cricket

No, of Centuries = 45
Centuries in Games India won = 33
Centuries in Games India lost = 11
No result Games = 1

Only Inzi knock worth watching again n again came against Bangladesh =)) , whereas Sachin pawned world champions Australia many times. :bounce:

Inzi is good batsmen, one of top 10 all time in ODI's, one of top 20 all time test batsmen easily. But he himself will laugh if he saw this thread. :cheesy:

Praise from cricketers

8a9986cb836ada4c3f800d14d10a27e6.jpg

In September 2007, former Australian leg-spinner Shane Warne published his list of the 50 greatest cricketers who had played during his time, in which Tendulkar had secured the number 1 spot.

Sunil Gavaskar, one of the greatest Indian Test batsmen, regarded as Tendulkar as being the "closest thing to batting perfection."

Shane Warne had mentioned a decade back, "I'll be going to bed having nightmares of Sachin just running down the wicket and belting me back over the head for six. He was unstoppable. I don't think anyone, apart from Don Bradman, is in the same class as Sachin Tendulkar. He is just an amazing player."

He has received such appreciations from various other cricketers, including Wasim Akram who said "Cricketers like Sachin come once in a lifetime and I am privileged he played in my time.",

Viv Richards who said "He is 99.5 percent perfect. I'd pay to see him.",

Brian Lara who said "You know genius when you see it. And let me tell you, Sachin is pure genius.",

Barry Richards who said "Sachin is cricket's God."

Former New Zealand all-rounder Richard Hadlee believes Sachin Tendulkar is the greatest batsman ever to grace the game.

Former Australian captain Steve Waugh has said in the past that Tendulkar will go down in history as the best ever batsman after Bradman.

Former South African great Allan Donald considers Tendulkar to be the best batsman he has ever bowled to.

Current Australian captain Ricky Ponting believes that Tendulkar is the best batsman he has seen or played against.

Sir Don Bradman also said that he saw himself in Sachin when he saw him bat.

Former Pakistan captain and batting legend Hanif Mohammad termed Sachin Tendulkar as the "cricketing jewel of subcontinent" and said that this Indian right-hander batsman is destined to break many more records in the coming years.

Last edited:
Praise from cricketers

8a9986cb836ada4c3f800d14d10a27e6.jpg

In September 2007, former Australian leg-spinner Shane Warne published his list of the 50 greatest cricketers who had played during his time, in which Tendulkar had secured the number 1 spot.

Sunil Gavaskar, one of the greatest Indian Test batsmen, regarded as Tendulkar as being the "closest thing to batting perfection."

Shane Warne had mentioned a decade back, "I'll be going to bed having nightmares of Sachin just running down the wicket and belting me back over the head for six. He was unstoppable. I don't think anyone, apart from Don Bradman, is in the same class as Sachin Tendulkar. He is just an amazing player."

He has received such appreciations from various other cricketers, including Wasim Akram who said "Cricketers like Sachin come once in a lifetime and I am privileged he played in my time.",

Viv Richards who said "He is 99.5 percent perfect. I'd pay to see him.",

Brian Lara who said "You know genius when you see it. And let me tell you, Sachin is pure genius.",

Barry Richards who said "Sachin is cricket's God."

Former New Zealand all-rounder Richard Hadlee believes Sachin Tendulkar is the greatest batsman ever to grace the game.

Former Australian captain Steve Waugh has said in the past that Tendulkar will go down in history as the best ever batsman after Bradman.

Former South African great Allan Donald considers Tendulkar to be the best batsman he has ever bowled to.

Current Australian captain Ricky Ponting believes that Tendulkar is the best batsman he has seen or played against.

Sir Don Bradman also said that he saw himself in Sachin when he saw him bat.

Former Pakistan captain and batting legend Hanif Mohammad termed Sachin Tendulkar as the "cricketing jewel of subcontinent" and said that this Indian right-hander batsman is destined to break many more records in the coming years.

I also like his bating style of Sachin just like Miandad,Gawasker,ZaheerAbbas,Hanif Muhammad etc.

But

Richard Hadlee ,Sir Don Bread Man,Anzi,Lara had different class , all Stroke players and performed well under pressure.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom