What's new

Tendulkar Vs Don Bradman

Never seen Don Bradman so wont comment but in my time Sachins been the greatest

Never seen Don Bradman so wont comment but in my time Sachins been the greatest

Thats very true.

I think batting was difficult in those times , playing without helmet and guards.

But at the same time u cant overlook how much pressure is on sachin in evry game he plays,one billiion screaming fans expectng him to hit a century in every game,thats really too much to ask for.

I still remember the time in mid 90's when sachin hauled the team on his lone shoulders, there was no resistance in team batting apart from him. If he goes early,the match was as good as lost.

And sachin faced the worlds greatest bowlers Wasim,warne,murali,Mcgrath,walsh,ambrose,wagar,shoaib,lee,Bond and almost everybowler who has his name in the book of greats.

He batted on a far more varied wickets and different conditions unlike bradman who played on one or two venue for 50 tests and against the same opposition,Bradmen never faced any turning wicket and class spinners.

Sachins Currernt batting Average is 57 approx and in last 10-12 matches in 2010 it is above 90.

Imagine if he has faced same opposition,same bowling attack and same wicket in every match, the game of cricket will not have enough records for him to break.

So for me Sach's is greatest of all times.

Thats very true.

I think batting was difficult in those times , playing without helmet and guards.

But at the same time u cant overlook how much pressure is on sachin in evry game he plays,one billiion screaming fans expectng him to hit a century in every game,thats really too much to ask for.

I still remember the time in mid 90's when sachin hauled the team on his lone shoulders, there was no resistance in team batting apart from him. If he goes early,the match was as good as lost.

And sachin faced the worlds greatest bowlers Wasim,warne,murali,Mcgrath,walsh,ambrose,wagar,shoaib,lee,Bond and almost everybowler who has his name in the book of greats.

He batted on a far more varied wickets and different conditions unlike bradman who played on one or two venue for 50 tests and against the same opposition,Bradmen never faced any turning wicket and class spinners.

Sachins Currernt batting Average is 57 approx and in last 10-12 matches in 2010 it is above 90.

Imagine if he has faced same opposition,same bowling attack and same wicket in every match, the game of cricket will not have enough records for him to break.

So for me Sach's is greatest of all times.

After Sachins record 200 * there is little doubt he has been the finest player of his generation even the greatest spinner of his day Shane Warne has said himself that Tendulkar is for him all time greatest there has ever been which speaks volumes.

Can't be compared. Although its fair to say both are great of their erea. I would Don Bradman as greatest.

Don in Cricket is like DyanChand in Hockey.

It would be too much to compare don with Sachin. Don is always Don. Whether you play against same team or not, you must have power to score century in each match.

the Don 99.96 avg
Sachin ~60.00 avg

The 'Don" was head & shoulders above the rest but Sachin is the 'Greatest' batsman of the modern era (1970 till date....)

Don Bradman played in era where most of the innings he played was against england and some against westindies.. That means he played lesser number of bowlers in his career.

He played mostly in tests and ODI's and 20-20 formats were not there.

He lasted less than 52 tests and 230+ first class in a short period of time.

Now compare this to a player who has played more than 20 years excelling in all formats of game with uncomparable fitness.

Bradman's average is great since he played only on 2 soils against the same opposition.

Tendulkar played 1429 matches alltogether while bradman played 230+.. Any person with a feeble brain can acknowledge statistics would have been different if bradman played in all continents against all the opposition. But guess what Tendulkar is Indian so Bradman is better... Hypocrites..:pop:

Last edited:
^^^ as if you have followed them throughout their career. Kidding you.

Sachin's remarkable versatility and adaptability puts him at the top, Tendulkar in his 21st year of cricket scoring the first ever ODI double hundred and another score of 175. To maintain this sort of stranglehold on the game despite so many changes is nothing short of genius.

Tier 1 - Bradman
Tier 2 - Sachin, Lara, Sobers, Viv Richards
Tier 3 - Dravid, Ponting, Chappel, Gavaskar

BTW Sachin is not retiring any time soon, We're going to look back at this thread and laugh at the naievity when Tendulkar completes 25yrs in intl cricket. He was surprised when he got standing ovation from Aussie crowds, he aint retiring people. Will play Tests for next 4-5yrs easily (40-50 tests, 10-12 tons, 3-4k runs). We will seriously run out of superlatives to describe Sachin's 25+ year long career.

Bradman played very low games and most of them on fast and deadly pitches while Tendulkar has played too many games mostly at home on dead pitches.

Sarcastic bro?

Tendy has better away record. His 1st century vs Aus was @ Perth (world's fastest pitch) in 1992 at age of 18.

Bradman all the way.

Any comparison ?? Bradman played in an era reminiscent of the Wild West. No rules and win is all that matters.

Now compare that with only one bouncer in a over, no beamers, full protection to all parts, latest technology to aid you and so on.

well it is not easy to compare both Tendulkar and Don Bradman.

One reason is the difference between average of both players. Second reason is during Don Bradman's day you had to hit hard in order to take ball beyond the boundary line for 4... but nowadays its only a CUT that will award you a boundary in no time.... thanks to the latest technology of bat and ball

Secondly i think if you see the footwork of both batsmen in my opinion VV Richards had a better footwork and more threatening batsmen. Tendulkar and Don Bradman are both legends no doubt and perhaps two of the most wisely thinking batsmen who focus on accumulating runs rather than only cricket. I think they were better in scoring runs less footwork or taking an advantage of the situation

I like all the above mentioned players for various reasons and this is my opinion only

Bradman all the way.

Any comparison ?? Bradman played in an era reminiscent of the Wild West. No rules and win is all that matters.

Now compare that with only one bouncer in a over, no beamers, full protection to all parts, latest technology to aid you and so on.

So the basic difference is protection gear?

Nothing of sort like playing on various formats against many number of opponents in various continents on a tight schedule of cricketing years for over 20 years doesnt matter.

So the basic difference is protection gear?

Nothing of sort like playing on various formats against many number of opponents in various continents on a tight schedule of cricketing years for over 20 years doesnt matter.

Jitna focus Tendulkar ka hai cricket pe - utna focus kisi aur ka kabhi nahi thaa

I would say Bradman ka bhi itna focus nahi thaa - Bradman used to play cricket a lot of gap between each matches - he played 52 test matches in the span of about 20 years.

Par Tendulkar ne continues cricket kheli hai and I think we should give advantage to Tendulkar for being consistent despite playng for so long

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom