What's new

Tendulkar Vs Don Bradman

East or West "Sachin" is Best..!

Sachin is the Greatest Batsman ever on Planet..! People here just talking about average.! Plss Mind to see Rest of recoreds other then this...!

Sachin is everywhere on Top...!!

Even aussies voted for Sachin over Bradman for greatest Batsman ever..:cheers:

Jitna focus Tendulkar ka hai cricket pe - utna focus kisi aur ka kabhi nahi thaa

I would say Bradman ka bhi itna focus nahi thaa - Bradman used to play cricket a lot of gap between each matches - he played 52 test matches in the span of about 20 years.

Par Tendulkar ne continues cricket kheli hai and I think we should give advantage to Tendulkar for being consistent despite playng for so long

Exactly..both of them can be compared if Sachin was asked to play against Srilanka only in 52 matches , that too in tests in a span of 20 years.

Exactly..both of them can be compared if Sachin was asked to play against Srilanka only in 52 matches , that too in tests in a span of 20 years.

agreed!

Sri Lanka nahi - Australia keh sakte ho ;)

because Australia and England were equally good those days - they were probably the only competitors :thinktank:

average of 99.94.

He played just 50 matches, and at that time there were no fast bowlers. SRT however has played in 400 and has batted against top notch fast bowlers.

What !!!!

Buddy please google 'Harold Larwood', 'Douglas Jardine' and the 'Body Line Series'.

agreed!

Sri Lanka nahi - Australia keh sakte ho ;)

because Australia and England were equally good those days - they were probably the only competitors :thinktank:

Yup infact they were the only ones who played at that time.. Lets make it Mumbai vs Kolkatta now to sound it more realistic ..:thinktank:

average of 99.94.

He played just 50 matches, and at that time there were no fast bowlers. SRT however has played in 400 and has batted against top notch fast bowlers.

52 matches are not Just.... :no:

None of the players have achieved this feat in International cricket

Its already too much....

Yup infact they were the only ones who played at that time.. Lets make it Mumbai vs Kolkatta now to sound it more realistic ..:thinktank:

Big difference Sir jee,

Like i said cricket was not that easy those days otherwise anybody would be coming up with Similar average to Don Bradman. But we harldy know anybody of his caliber in whole International cricket.

The bats & ball were different, he had to hit very hard to make a boundary it was not easy to play cricket those days.... Not to forget ground overall.... I presume it would be more grassy those days due to old machineries (i am not sure though)

Aaj kal to bas cut or slight sa touch ho jaye to 4

52 matches are not Just.... :no:

None of the players have achieved this feat in International cricket

Its already too much....

Then by that logic George Headley, Eddie Paynter, Everton Weekes, Barrington, Hammond and all are better than Tendulkar... they have better averages than Sachin . :oops::oops:

So the basic difference is protection gear?

Nothing of sort like playing on various formats against many number of opponents in various continents on a tight schedule of cricketing years for over 20 years doesnt matter.

One of the many basic differences. The rest being unprepared pitches, Bouncers, Beamers and practically minimal rules.

Not like today where each and every movement is governed by rules and that too heavily favouring batsmen.

Tendulkar may be the greatest player of his era but certainly not the greatest of all time.

One of the many basic differences. The rest being unprepared pitches, Bouncers, Beamers and practically minimal rules.

Not like today where each and every movement is governed by rules and that too heavily favouring batsmen.

Tendulkar may be the greatest player of his era but certainly not the greatest of all time.

Bouncers, beamers and minimal rules. ??/

Apart from few instances of bouncers , maybe bodyline .. how much of it was there in an era when it was considered a true gentleman's game??

The pressure of winning was never there as in nowadays.

Today its all about winning inspite of the massive expectations from a high cricket crazy nation.

What variety of attack had Bradman faced..??

He was literally been facing the same set of bowlers throughout his career.. its like batting inside the nets with no helmets on for me.

I think he would have adjusted to keep a good average if he had grown up in Bradman's era, looking at his technique. It's not a far-fetched claim IMO.

Just check how many players averaged 50+ in 90s, only 3-4 (Sachin-Waugh-Flower-Dravid). Tendulkar averages 63 against West Indies (in 90s having Walsh/Ambrose). While missing out on the likes of Venkatesh Prasad, Ajit Agarkar, etc whom he would have butchered.

Isn't it remarkable that immediately following the retirement/decline of some great fast bowlers and flattening of pitches how so many batsmen like Kallis, Jayawardene, Sangakkara, Smith, Mohd. Yousuf etc. etc. all become much better players.

Whereas Sachin averaged 50+ in 90s and 00s. He completed 50 intl tons in Nov 2000. Now he is on verge of 100 intl tons. He is complete batsmen.

Then by that logic George Headley, Eddie Paynter, Everton Weekes, Barrington, Hammond and all are better than Tendulkar... they have better averages than Sachin . :oops::oops:

thats what I am saying, Tendulkar will have an edge only on technical basis... otherwise by stats his true potential is never calculated

don brad man was greatest player of his time. sachin tendulkar is greatest player of today.in brad man era there was no one day cricket. if there would , sir brad man would have scored more runs. sachin plays both one day and test cricket so comparison between this two players is not right. but there is no player today who has caliber like sachin. i think no one will be able to break his record of 50 test centuries coz for that he has to pay 20 or 22 years. sachin is great!

For me, Greatness of a batsman is not in his records or how many centuries he had scored.

If there is a fear and terror in bowler's heart when he is coming to bowl to a particular batsmans than that batman is Greatest.

For me nothing and No one come's close to " VIVIAN RICHARDS ".

For me, Greatness of a batsman is not in his records or how many centuries he had scored.

If there is a fear and terror in bowler's heart when he is coming to bowl to a particular batsmans than that batman is Greatest.

For me nothing and No one come's close to " VIVIAN RICHARDS ".

People feared Jayasurya, Afridi and Gilchrist too. :flame::flame:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom