What's new

Ten Reasons Why Nepal ShouldJoin India

@MST but what you think from economic point of view??

GDP of just $18 billion with PCI not even half of India.

+ there is Political instability in Nepal for quite sometime now.

Don't you think this can FORCE Nepal to think otherwise??

Also please read my Post #56.

@arp2041

Buddy,
The economics of Nepal is in a poor state. But the fact that Indian population and GDP is so large that it will hardly have any impact. The ratio of population is 1:40 and the ratio of GDP is around 1: 100. I don't think that will be a big concern. I don't think economy is any concern for merger.

The economic issue would have been a concern had the two countries been of comparable size by population. E.g. The merger of East and West germany is a good case study in this regard.

But at the same time India will need to invest heavily in Nepal. But its not a loss loss for India. Two very important gains will be:
1) There is such a huge potential of Hydro Electricity in Nepal which is left unutilized. Most projects are stuck with Govt. to Govt. issues. Nepal has the potential to solve the Power crisis of whole of North and East India. Just like Arunachal will take care of part of East and full North East. We can build a huge Industrial hub running parallel to Himalayas.
2) It insures our water supply. Water security will be the biggest concern for the 21st century and with Nepal in India, our water supplies will be secured for most part.

Nepal off course gains heavily by joining Indian Union. On a General note 21st century will be the age of large economic blocks. E.g. US, Europe, China, Japan, ASEAN, India+, Brazil+, Communist Block of South America, Russia+ etc. Since in the age of the sole super power is over atleast economically. So everyone will be left to fend for themselves. In this situation the larger block you are the bigger leverage you have. E.g. in terms of economy, trade concession, security (strong military needed for economic growth) etc. So all these small states needs to either align with a large country or they will be in a seriuos disadvantage going forward. Sadly for Nepal they are not too many options. Either China or India. Now China is culturally/Historically/Religiously total Alien to them. Only option left is India. They will flirt with China to make India nervous. Its like someone's wife making him jealous by flirting with another guy. But at the end of the day she is a wife. How far can she go :p. Esp. considering the Geography/History/Culture/people to people relations no divorce is possible here.

But practically no one in Nepal is interested in merger. The people don't care since they won't gain anything extra. They already have all the privileges. And how much 30 million people impact the federal govt. in 1200 million country. Their votes are like a blip in the ocean. And politicians won't give up Power. So there is no chance of this happening (as far as I can see)

P.S. I did go through your earlier Post. I hope I have covered it as well in my above reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sir, regarding your latter point, the news source is shaky, unless you can produce a good source I think it's best to discard that. Regarding Gwadar, I would like to point out that the decision has met criticism and the main reason behind it is economic. Whether it is wise or not is solely up to Pakistanis, not you.

Yes, we've granted military instilations in the past but we are not the sole nation to do so (the USA had over 1000 bases around the world, these were not built on claimless lands). In the Cold War era we were decidedly in the Blue camp and we supported it militarily. During the War on Terror we sided and still do with the USA and gave them our bases to assault the Taliban.

Our alliances and defence dynamics are decidedly different from yours as we are distint nations with distint needs. Once again, I would like to stress again that Pakistan is not leasing an entire province to any nation, the news is false.

Regards.

I am aware of that, sir, my point is that the claim does not stand much in terms of administration of the area as that is decidedly in Pakistan's hands as of yet and will most likely remain so.

i agree that the administration is under pak, but if you are saying that Kashmir is disputed so is GB.

[They will flirt with China to make India nervous. Its like someone's wife making him jealous by flirting with another guy. But at the end of the day she is a wife. How far can she go.

Is that the reason you guys flirt with Russia, America & even Afghanistan.:lol:

Is that the reason you guys flirt with Russia, America & even Afghanistan.:lol:

Unlike you guys who first were sleeping with US & KSA for 30 years and then Started sleeping with China and flirt with Iran, then US then China...God you are now in an unenviable position where you don't know with whom you will sleep next. And yeah I heard you were recently trying to seduce the Russians but they dumped you :omghaha:

Yes, they're undisputed champions in mountain warfare.

Mate this is BS. Yes because of the elevations most Nepalis and residents of India's NE are more naturally acclimatised to mountain warfare but after aclimitization and thorough training by the IA, ANY Indian soldier is as good as anyone other Indian army soldier. There is no empirical data that suggests a Gorkha in the IA is more able than a non-Gorkha Indian soldiers trainined in mountain warfare from such prestigious institutions like HAWS or SBS.

Unlike you guys who first were sleeping with US & KSA for 30 years and then Started sleeping with China and flirt with Iran, then US then China...God you are now in an unenviable position where you don't know with whom you will sleep next. And yeah I heard you were recently trying to seduce the Russians but they dumped you
:omghaha:

I can say that indian sleeping with Russians &
Americans led them in this critical stage that 7 sisters are about to get b1r++ in indian northeast but i wont say this & instead ask @Aeronaut @WebMaster to take care of this illmannered troll.

I can say that indian sleeping with Russians &
Americans led them in this critical stage that 7 sisters are about to get b1r++ in indian northeast but i wont say this & instead ask @Aeronaut @WebMaster to take care of this illmannered troll.

Yeah so you start it by quoting me out of context and then you get a reply you go crying to Webby. Very Mature.

We have to set a criteria for states to join Indian union otherwise we may end up taking up additional burden.

Mate this is BS. Yes because of the elevations most Nepalis and residents of India's NE are more naturally acclimatised to mountain warfare but after aclimitization and thorough training by the IA, ANY Indian soldier is as good as anyone other Indian army soldier. There is no empirical data that suggests a Gorkha in the IA is more able than a non-Gorkha Indian soldiers trainined in mountain warfare from such prestigious institutions like HAWS or SBS.

I would disagree to some extent mate here. Quick response, agile, high muscle packed and adaptability to high altitudes conditions separate them from others. That's why they are primarily posted at high altitudes rather then desert of Rajasthan or plains of Punjab.
You can see that even IA hires Gurkha for during trekking expeditions in himalyas due to there better survival ability.
From the link below:
The Gurkhas are physiologically less susceptible to fatigue due to the high altitude mountainous environment in which they live, strengthening their legs from incessant high incline traversal and lessening their dependence on oxygen after generations of exposure to the thin mountain air.

Deadliest Warrior (season 3) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes, we are going to first retrieve Nawab Sirajuddawla's kingdom, and then the empire of Sher Shah Suri. That would bring peace and prosperity to SA. Hindus being unaccustomed to rule have made a mess of the subcontinent.

We have seen enough of your treatment of Hindus in your country.... burning up their shops and temples. Thanks but no thanks.

i agree that the administration is under pak, but if you are saying that Kashmir is disputed so is GB.

I never said Kashmir is disputed in my posts, sir.

Nepal should join India... Gilgit Baltistan is integral part of India... damn.. what is going on? What is next Pakistan joining India? :angry:

Back
Top Bottom