What's new

Ten reasons why India will not and must not become a superpower

No one calls India a future Global Power or a Superpower, only Indians do. Listen to your media & read your newspapers. Other nations do talk about appreciably about India's democracy, but it also talks about its abject poverty & other problems.

i think u pakistani news paper didnt cover news of obams India visit,

No one calls India a future Global Power or a Superpower, only Indians do. Listen to your media & read your newspapers. Other nations do talk about appreciably about India's democracy, but it also talks about its abject poverty & other problems.

Ok no one calls India a future global power.

I hope it helps you get some sleep. :wave:

Indians are getting killed everyday by the Indian government too, & you accuse Pakistan of killing your people all the time.

Indian getting killed by an Indian once in a blue moon is much more acceptable than Pakistanis getting killed on a daily basis by both the Pakistanis and the white man.

And for God sakes this thread is about why India is NOT a Super power yet and almost all Indians are in agreement. What is the fuss then ?

In my opinion, India cannot be superpower.. but in my case China could be a superpower even though it does not boast about how its going to be a superpower.. India need to eradicate poverty and have a good standard of living but I don't think India could reach that far, economically India is doing very well for itself but as far I'm concerned India has a long way to go if it is to reach that.

In my opinion, India cannot be superpower.. but in my case China could be a superpower even though it does not boast about how its going to be a superpower.. India need to eradicate poverty and have a good standard of living but I don't think India could reach that far, economically India is doing very well for itself but as far I'm concerned India has a long way to go if it is to reach that.

You are right about India. Even China is pretty much in the same boat - neither country is going to be a superpower to challenge the might of America anytime soon.

We should ban the combination India and Superpower from being used in the same sentence for at least 5 decades.

Let's review if it needs to be extended after that time like our reservation bill keeps on getting extended.

Frankly, except some tabloids, no Indian even talks in these terms.

1.challenge of left wing extremism = is a problem but it's being taken care of...

2.right wing fundamentalism in all communities = Not really a problem !! (they don't blow each other )

3.decline of political center(conversion of political parties into family firms) = Problem, Family firms needs disinvestment, for that people needed to be educated.

4.corruption and corrosion of public institutions = Biggest Problem but some positive is happening now (after 60 years) hope for best

5.growing gap b/w rich and poor = it is everywhere, if it doesn't exist that means all people are Poor.

6.environmental degradation = Global Problem !! To be honest India is still poor to handle this Problem.

7.apathy of the media = debatable !!

8.political fragmentation and policy incoherence = 2nd biggest problem, Too many state level political Parties is a real problem ! (bcos party head think he is the King) !! Even PM is helpless !

9.disturbance in northeast and j&k = Problem ! but as money flows in it will be solved.

10.very unstable neighborhood = ?????????????????????????????????????????????????

once in a blue moon? hahahahaa . . i think u really need to open ur eyes and come back to this world . i know day dreaming is fun but not at times like these. . yea the economy might be going good for u guys .. but saying this that indian getting killed by an indina is just not acceptable . . and letme correct u . .by saying that ur negatively born media will never portray ur countries interference in pakistan and americas war .. why do u have ur indian consulates in afghanistan? what about ur RAW agency ? . . the name itself says it all . RAW! . .we are not immature pricks studying in kindergarten or something .. we know the world . . and soo far all of them SO CALLED TALIBANis being trained by u guys and america to destabilise our country ..! nuff said.

Ok yaar.Chill. I am not qualified enough to refute your genuine assertions and the insurmountable proof that have been given in favour of that.;)

We should ban the combination India and Superpower from being used in the same sentence for at least 5 decades.

Let's review if it needs to be extended after that time like our reservation bill keeps on getting extended.

Frankly, except some afternoon tabloids, no Indian even talks in these terms.

Exactly, You see what Guha says and what all the Indians in this thread unanimously say. Yet...........

India must do something of its highly corrupt political, economic culture. The poor need to be empowered. There has to be better social equity between Indians. What most Indians don't realize is that the term 'shining India' does not apply to most of the people in India, only to the corporate elites. The wealth must be distributed more equally. India spends billions on its space program, on its defence, on its Bollywood industry & the IPL, it should focus a little more on its people as well. Something also needs to be done about population control in India, it is too overpopulated right now.

India is a beautiful country, it has all religions, cultures in it. Definitely the most diverse country in the world. It has hundreds of spoken languages there. It has extremely industrious, hard working people. It has a huge consumer market. I feel it has the potential to be more than a superpower, potential to be probably the greatest nation of all time. But many advantages that India has are also its disadvantages. One of the disturbing facts I noticed when I was visiting my maternal grandparents in Patna a few years ago was the apathy in people. People did not give a crap about their surroundings as long as they weren't personally affected by it. People were also becoming a lot more individualistic, which is a very Western trait. Looking at that, I felt certain young Indians are losing some of their traditional values, & taking some of the worst Western ones. India is an ancient land, a beautiful country, & I feel Western values are a misfit, & can never belong to the traditional land of India, which is thousands of years old.

RTI introduced lot more coming.

letme correct u . .by saying that ur negatively born media will never portray ur countries interference in pakistan and americas war .. why do u have ur indian consulates in afghanistan? what about ur RAW agency ? . . the name itself says it all . RAW! . .we are not immature pricks studying in kindergarten or something .. we know the world . . and soo far all of them SO CALLED TALIBANis being trained by u guys and america to destabilise our country ..! nuff said.

same can be said abt ur media & govt who always make propaganda that pakistan has no hand in terrorist activities in india in some way or other. as far as india in afganistan is concerned then india is there for helping afg in their development & what is the problem with name RAW of our intelligence.

I would rather see my country become another Sweden or Switzerland than another USA.

That's the problem. Can a country the size of India or China achieve that standard of living without being a military superpower?
We do live in a world of finite resources.

me not inerested in becoming a superpower .. sadhu itna dijiye jame kutumb samaye . .. main bhi bhookha na rahoon sadhu bhi bhukha na jaye :cheers:

me not inerested in becoming a superpower .. sadhu itna dijiye jame kutumb samaye . .. main bhi bhookha na rahoon sadhu bhi bhukha na jaye :cheers:

Exactly, we can never get to the consumption levels of the Western world and we shouldn't need to.

There are not enough resources in the world for that kind of unsustainable consumption. We need to find a model that is much less resource intensive.

Every now & then a thread on this subject pops up.

Super power, regional power, quasi power are all relative terms more in the mind of the user than any where else.

India like any other nations need only to keep its head down and focus on the following :

1. Infrastructure.
2. Education.
3. Health.
4. Economy & job generation.
5. Internal Security.
6. Defence.
7. International relations.

The rest will follow...

Back
Top Bottom