What's new

tejas wont be inducted in large numbers

The reality is that Indian politicians make a lot more money in kick backs when they purchase foreign made weapons. Thus making tejas in India will not get them the amount of kick backs that they get in purchasing 125 foreign made fighters. So tejas will never be produced in large numbers and will later be called technology demonstrtors for designing a bigger and better plane. In the mean time the froeign purchases will continue.

Just remember what happened to Arjun. Is it not that India is still buying T90 tanks from Russia? If you guys can build Arjun then why not produce them in large numbers why is it that your politicians have chosen to purchase T90 tanks.

And, what pakistan developed till date?

As far as i know, if we count mk1 and mk2 and naval versions and trainer, i think the number might touch 200...

"tejas wont be inducted in large numbers ", the number has to be fairly large since almost 450+ aging and obsolete Migs need to be scrapped or grounded, especially the 350 MIG 21s. The Mig 21s are older than Zsa Zsa Ghaboor. Even the Indians themselves call the Mig-21s flying coffins.

This thread hit the tiny ego ones here :bunny:
arent we insecure...

Not many answers that did not sound like someone's butt was on fire..

The Tejas Mk.II.. as shown in Aero India.. is absolutely unimpressive.
And I doubt whether the IAF will want it shoved down their throats like the first one.

With single production line it will be difficult to produce.. Tejas Mk1 and Naval Tejas...

right now a single production line exists which has got orders for 40 MK1 and 6 N-Tejas for navy ...

but a single production line can only produce around 12-15 Fighters a year right now..

that's why HAL wants to partner with private firms ... to make a parallel production line ... only thing that is coming in its way
is which private firm or firms should GOI make a deal with ... and bureaucratic jalebis are only constraint in this way ...

HAL can open up a parallel line for production for Tejas, but right now its hands are FULL.. with plans laying for MRCA/FGFA ... and Su-30 MKI III production in TOP GEAR ... i hope HAL patners with Mahindra for Tejas and for MRCA with TATA ...

regarding your comment on Tejas MK2 ... no prototype or Tech demonstrator is in place right now to display it in Air shows.. and most of its tech. definitions are still in requirement phase... Tejas Mk2 will be in category of Gripen...

Have it made the maiden flight yet? Add 10 years after it made the maiden flight and it will be ready. If it flied in 2006, then you are correct.

The Upgrade is done on a reliable and tested Platform, Why do you expect it to undergo the very same routine tests again and again which have been proven in its initial Stages itself?

I dont see any point to equipt LCA in large number, better use the LCA experience to come up something closer to reality

I dont see any point to equipt LCA in large number, better use the LCA experience to come up something closer to reality

LCA is a Compact Package of Everything IAF wants, But You see, Air Superiority fighters are not the Only ones an Airforce needs, It needs Quality Interceptors, a Role Adopted By the LCA....

The Upgrade is done on a reliable and tested Platform, Why do you expect it to undergo the very same routine tests again and again which have been proven in its initial Stages itself?

wrong`` any changes to a plane's aerodynamics that will require it to go through almost as intensive test flights as any newly developed plane, 10 years as faithfulguy stated is bit too much, but average 5 years (f-18c/d to f-18e/f, and su-27 to su-30, etc``)

---------- Post added at 02:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 AM ----------

LCA is a Compact Package of Everything IAF wants, But You see, Air Superiority fighters are not the Only ones an Airforce needs, It needs Quality Interceptors, a Role Adopted By the LCA....

sorry you mean quantity?

wrong`` any changes to a plane's aerodynamics that will require it to go through almost as intensive test flights as any newly developed plane, 10 years as faithfulguy stated is bit too much, but average 5 years (f-18c/d to f-18e/f, and su-27 to su-30, etc``)

There you go, There are no intensive tests done, The Aerodynamics of the Aircraft is changed in every sortie a Protoype flies, and the Next version would see modifications tested on the Latter....

and we dont have any news about the flight of MK2, so even it did this year, not any sooner than 2015 it will reach its full service capacity

Tejas will be used for close air support .. and Air Defence Roles...

Just like Mig -21 in India right now...

Strikes and Air Superiority of the region will be in Hands of Big Boys ...

China follows the same pattern... just like today J-7/J-8 are being used in Chinese Air Force ....

the same role will be taken from these fighters by J-10 .. but for longer range missions and strike roles.. Sukhoi copies will be used... so
we might see J-10 in hugely big numbers ... my estimate is around 1000 ....

Tejas Mk1/Mk2 will be getting produced for this reason till the late 2020s ... so we might see around 500 of these fighters in IAF/IN

its being established that 4th gen. fighters can be very effectively used with 5th gen fighter umbrella ...
as F-22 is operating with F-15s right now...

Back
Top Bottom