What's new

Tejas Mk2 M-MRCA

The LCA nose is quiet big in size, that makes the radar upgrade less problematic, the integration of more fuel tanks and the new engine will require some minor changes at the fuselage, so no major re-design is planed.

minor changes in fuselage????? Are they enough? Can you plz explain with some rough diagrams so it become clear.

Well if drdo is thinking of upgrades in so many areas then why not CFTs???? :pop:

In theory, one could compare it to the other MMRCAs, but pratically there is a gap in weight (and thrust) that you can see:

F18SH - 29,937 kg
Rafale - 24,500 kg
EF - 23,500 kg
Mig35 - 23,500 kg
F16IN - 21,800 kg

Mirage 2000 - 17,000 kg
Gripen NG - 16,500 kg
LCA MK2 - 15 to 16,000 kg?

Gripen C/D - 14,000 kg
LCA MK1 - 13,300 kg

I think MK2 will outclass Mirage and NG in MTOW... it has the highest thrust compared to others... even though Empty weight increases by tonne... i hope they reduce the empty weight... dont know what is there behind the skin it has a very high empty weight...

I avoided the link because people will instead of looking into the details will go .. ohh its from PSG... ohh he strikes again.. ohh blah blah blahs... so pardon me.

its because PSG write B.S & we are already familar withit.. Am fine with da article but look at the content man !! add this ,add that ,add best of all and Tadaaa your pizza is ready ,i mean LCA MK2 ready.. :drag:

I avoided the link because people will instead of looking into the details will go .. ohh its from PSG... ohh he strikes again.. ohh blah blah blahs... so pardon me.

its because PSG write B.S & we are already familar withit.. Am fine with da article but look at the content man !! add this ,add that ,add best of all and Tadaaa your pizza is ready ,i mean LCA MK2 ready.. :drag: :drag:

its because PSG write B.S & we are already familar withit.. Am fine with da article but look at the content man !! add this ,add that ,add best of all and Tadaaa your pizza is ready ,i mean LCA MK2 ready.. :drag: :drag:

Will it be free if not delivered under 30 minutes(or years) as well???

Induction in 2015!!FOC in 2017......:)

Bad planning, HAL is making 40 LCA MK-I.. by 2013 the production will finish.. The Assembly line will be free... HAL could have targeted IOC by 2013 and start producing LCA MK-II...

If IOC is due in 2015, It will be loss of resource for almost 2 years.. Hope HAL will be looking into this issue...

Will it be free if not delivered under 30 minutes(or years) as well???

Booooooo..... don't you worry, it will not take 30 years..:P

Tejas timeline:
o Design of LCA was finalised as a small delta winged relaxed static stability aircraft.
o Phase 1 of the development was commenced to create the proof of concept system. Financial problems within India prevented full scale operations from starting.

o Full funding started from April 1993 full-scale development work for phase 1 started in June.

o 10 January - Certification for the Release to Services with assured safety and specified performance for IOC.[25]
o 26 January - LCA Tejas Participates in the 26 January Republic Day Celebrations by being paraded at New Delhi.

LCA MK-I ----> I don't know how people calculate number of years.. 1 june 1993 to 10 Jan 2011 == 17 years 6 month....
LCA MK-II -----> 1 Feb 2011 to 2015 == 4 years (proposed IOC)

minor changes in fuselage????? Are they enough? Can you plz explain with some rough diagrams so it become clear.

Well if drdo is thinking of upgrades in so many areas then why not CFTs???? :pop:

From what we saw and heared from official sources during Aero India there will be only slight differences in length (0.5m) and height (0.2m) between LCA MK1 and MK2, while the wings will remain the same. Also the biggest parts that will be changed are the engine, that basically has the same size like the GE 404 engine in LCA MK1 and the additional fuel tanks. Otherwise there are only minor upgrades of existing parts, like radar and avionics.

Here are some pics of the LCA MK2 brochure of ADA, where you can see the new engine and fuel tanks:

t1.jpg

tejas-mk2.jpg

t2.jpg

P.S. CFTs have clear advantages over external fuel tanks, like less drag and more hardpoints for weapons, but compared to increased internal fuel it has disadvantages again, because it adds drag again. Saab went the same way with the Gripen NG and although they made studies about adding CFTs, but went with increasing the internal fuel. The advantage the Gripen NG might still have over LCA MK2, is that they went for a bigger re-design not only to increase the fuel, but also to add hardpoints at the fuselage. Instead of 1 bigger weapon, they now can carry 2, while LCA will remain with 1 as long as the gear bays will not relocated.

I think MK2 will outclass Mirage and NG in MTOW... it has the highest thrust compared to others... even though Empty weight increases by tonne... i hope they reduce the empty weight... dont know what is there behind the skin it has a very high empty weight...

Not sure about that, but the thrust is actually pretty equal, 96 to 98kN for Gripen NG and LCA MK2, while Mirage 2000 offers 95kN. Weight increases will mainly caused by the new engine and fuel tanks, but I doubt it will add 1 tone, not to forget that they still working on weight reductions, that's why I expect similar specs like Gripen NG.
More important imo would be more hardpoints, or at least higher load limits for them to increase payload, which is the biggest limitation at the moment. LCA MK2 don't have to be equal to Gripen NG, but even close to its capabilities would be a big point for us and there is still more potential to improve, lets hope out officials don't get to carried away from the AMCA idea!

I think an extra "M" has been added to the title- instead of M-MRCA it should be MRCA the first "M" refers to the weight class and I don't think the LCA is suddenly going to double in weight but with all these added capabilities will truly become MULTI-ROLE.

Anyway, if ADA/HAL can keep these promises and stick to the time frame the LCA Mk2 sounds like an excellent fighter, comparable to ANY in the world, something Mk1 sadly is not.

And does the addition of large panoramic MFDs mean the LCA MK2 will look SOMETHING like this:
f-35-cockpit.jpg

Looks cool :smitten:

Back
Top Bottom