What's new

Tejas Mk2 M-MRCA

Tejas MK2 would be a geat plane bt inducting it in 2017-18 is too much late

There is a lot of conflicting statements in this article,

Regarding the range of Astra -1, it is 80 Km, not 44 Km, the writer got specifics from here and there..

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

We need a Gripen NG out of LCA, thats the maximum..

If all this is true then finally how will Tejas Mk2 compare with F16-blk60, Gripen NG and the final form of JF-17? Will it defend airspace against J-10B?

Why does IAF want every aircraft to be multi-role? Mr. Joe Shearer had mentioned about IAF being worried about MOD being pro-peace and being happy about non-aggressive intentions ie against power projection. But recent events indicate that India is looking at power projection capabilities. though as of now locally.

Is modern avionics so advanced that with minor modifications a contemporary interceptor can be made into a limited multirole one? So training pilots for only interception is a waste of human skills?

There is a lot of conflicting statements in this article,

Regarding the range of Astra -1, it is 80 Km, not 44 Km, the writer got specifics from here and there..

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

We need a Gripen NG out of LCA, thats the maximum..
About Astra,either the writer is true or you are........but a wonderful product nonetheless.The Tejas is good in what it is designed to,and that's what matters,IMO.

Hmmmmm then the original no of mmrca will be the same then it wont increase its better to go for tejas mk 2

As of today
i dont see IAF ordering more than the 40+83 MK1/MK2 which it has committed , unless ADA comes up with an MK3 version with 5500 kg payload , 200 km range AESA , Thrust vectoring engine , 2500 Km range

While there is a higher chance of mmrca fighter number increasing than it is of its number remaining at 126
Thats coz mmrca aircraft is no longer being considered the stopgap Replacement of Mig21 aircraft which it was earliar
Thats coz the 450 ODD MIG21 which India operated at one time have fallen to 175 at present with 150 having crashed and 120 being retired
Mig 21 will be replaced by 270 Su30mki and 123 LCA as of today

MMRCA s main job is to replace 230 Mig27 and Jaguars that are currently in service and will retire between 2012-24 , which is about the time frame of mmrca induction

There are reports which state that mmrca order could increase to as much as 260 aircraft
which is based on the fact that apart from IAF which is looking for 126+ fighters , Navy too is interested in 40-50 4++ Gen fighters , while Strategic Nuclear command is also looking for 40 nuclear capable fighters

This Article made my day :)

1. Why MMRCA (F18/Rafael/EFT) needed: To replace Jaguar, Mig27/23 and to support Mirage 2000-5.
2. Why LCA needed : To replace 120+ MiG21.
Both need are separate so I don't see one sacrificed for other...

LCA is more over a platform than a plane, Indian scientists have learnt lot of things on this platform. LCA will help to test sunsystem which can be incorporated in new/existing aircraft.

Unless IAF order bulk amount of LCA (200 to 300), HAL is not going to make multiple assembly line. With existing assembly line HAL can produce 10-12 LCA per year..

@ Kaveri: It is in final stage. Even if it is ready,it will not be used in fighter plane.... It will be tested in one of the LCA for at least 1 year.

A question here.Who help india develop their aesa radar or IAf buy it from russia?

As of today
i dont see IAF ordering more than the 40+83 MK1/MK2 which it has committed , unless ADA comes up with an MK3 version with 5500 kg payload , 200 km range AESA , Thrust vectoring engine , 2500 Km range

While there is a higher chance of mmrca fighter number increasing than it is of its number remaining at 126
Thats coz mmrca aircraft is no longer being considered the stopgap Replacement of Mig21 aircraft which it was earliar
Thats coz the 450 ODD MIG21 which India operated at one time have fallen to 175 at present with 150 having crashed and 120 being retired
Mig 21 will be replaced by 270 Su30mki and 123 LCA as of today

MMRCA s main job is to replace 230 Mig27 and Jaguars that are currently in service and will retire between 2012-24 , which is about the time frame of mmrca induction

There are reports which state that mmrca order could increase to as much as 260 aircraft
which is based on the fact that apart from IAF which is looking for 126+ fighters , Navy too is interested in 40-50 4++ Gen fighters , while Strategic Nuclear command is also looking for 40 nuclear capable fighters

I dnt think we Air Force need any MK3 version or what so ever cause main aim behind LCA is to fulfill ground attack capability.
I think LCA is mainly useful for ground troops cause we have one of worlds best fighter SU30MKI and soon will followed by MMRCA and FGFA .

MK2 is now seems to be more potent.. but how much of JV goes in is the question?? we dont want to be a mere buyer...

I think an extra "M" has been added to the title- instead of M-MRCA it should be MRCA the first "M" refers to the weight class and I don't think the LCA is suddenly going to double in weight but with all these added capabilities will truly become MULTI-ROLE.

Anyway, if ADA/HAL can keep these promises and stick to the time frame the LCA Mk2 sounds like an excellent fighter, comparable to ANY in the world, something Mk1 sadly is not.

And does the addition of large panoramic MFDs mean the LCA MK2 will look SOMETHING like this:
f-35-cockpit.jpg

always wanted the MMRCA contract to be called off and the requirement be fulfilled by Tejas........Even if it has shortcomings,we can iron them out as and when we can.......Coz it's ours.The role of this A/C has changed from a light weight interceptor to an all weather capable multi-role A/C.

lol that will be worst thing ever done ( may be after lost deacde) to IAF. i wont take any word coming out of a sarkari ( govt) department run by our super effiecient BAbaus that is DRDO at its face value .

Hum ko maloom hai jannat(DRDO) ki haqeeqat lekin,

Dil ko behlane ko Ghalib ye khayal achha hai.

lol that will be worst thing ever done ( may be after lost deacde) to IAF. i wont take any word coming out of a sarkari ( govt) department run by our super effiecient BAbaus that is DRDO at its face value .

Hum ko maloom hai jannat(DRDO) ki haqeeqat lekin,

Dil ko behlane ko Ghalib ye khayal achha hai.

I agree about your first point;however I can bet my life on the fact that Tejas is better than most MiG's in service with the IAF[Consider the MiG-29 B and not the SMT]both in terms of man hours required to keep it in the air as well as better technologies.If the current production rate is accelerated then there is nothing that restricts it from serving the IAF in large numbers.This step(of getting more Tejas aircrafts)might morally boost HAL to come up with a good AMCA.
OT-Stereotyping the entire Government workforce is not good nor does it set a good precedent for others.The scientists st DRDO might not be as efficient as the Japanese but they sure are not sloths!!

Back
Top Bottom