What's new

Tejas, a poor performer?

And each squadron has a squadron leader.. who drives the truck that carries Tejas..
Like this?

thunder_2007_an-124_2.jpg

US air chief has been spotted flying in Tejas (truck for some nincompoops).
647922-gen-david-goldfein.jpg

It's good to see some trolls get their panties in a twist on hearing Tejas. :D

Keep crying:pop:

The IAF is attacking the LCA because they want the SE MII to go through. There's nothing special there. They are attacking the specs they asked for themselves.
Why are they doing that? I asked some other indians and they said "it's in their dna" not exactly the answer I was looking for

Ya they even do not want F16 or F18. They want rafale or eurofighter only.
I am not trying to troll or anything but the way I see it "they don't know what they want" and they should make up their mind already. I know for a fact that they won't go after F-16,F18 and Euro fighter either.

Tejas has been flying in parades for a couple of years now, overturning IAF's earlier policy of not flying SEF in parades.

Well my good mate, that, in and of itself, is a problem.
For many airforces for a long time, SEFs were the rule
more than the exception and they still flew over parades.

I can't see it as anything but an admission of secure and
safe maintenance being an unreachable goal and would
really welcome a detailed explanation as to why it's so!

Wouldn't you?

and now I am about 37

LOLOLOL How does that work exactly? A birthday soon?

Why are they doing that?

They're not nor are they pushing for a single engine fighter.
Just as US services though, they are attacking performance
metrics reduced during development to fit the project goals.

Nor an isolated case by far.

This said, let's all take the time to notice that the OP is unreferenced
as happens with this poster on occasion.

It's more noise than news IMHoO.

Good day all, Tay.

Well my good mate, that, in and of itself, is a problem.
For many airforces for a long time, SEFs were the rule
more than the exception and they still flew over parades.

I can't see it as anything but an admission of secure and
safe maintenance being an unreachable goal and would
really welcome a detailed explanation as to why it's so!

Wouldn't you?
Yes and no.
Once we got MiG29 and Su30, all focus shifted to them. Those along with Jaguars, is there really a need to add M2000 and ancient MiGs to the mix!
Noting that Indian M2000 have an impeccable safety record until recent times, is it really a matter of unreachable goal or just a matter of not taking unnecessary risk when there are other options!

In any case, I'm glad about IAF's confidence in Tejas' safety.

At this point, India would be better off just taking what they've learned and building a new aircraft. It's getting ridiculous, and that's coming from me, someone who's been called a tejas apologist.

At this point, India would be better off just taking what they've learned and building a new aircraft. It's getting ridiculous, and that's coming from me, someone who's been called a tejas apologist.

It's not actually, though late, there is a whole private-public sector partnership being done with Tejas. Several up and coming private sector companies are producing it's modules, along with small tier parts and for the first time, HAL is just integrating a platform.

From a fill the sqd # point of view, industrial point of view, and experience point of view it's well worth it. Regardless, it's too late to simply end it, it got further initial orders, industry is incorporated into the program.

Another AC is being developed, design finalized, 1:1 model is being RCS tested.

Last edited:
It's not actually, though late, there is a whole private-public sector partnership being done with Tejas. Several up and coming private sector companies are producing it's modules, along with small tier parts and for the first time, HAL is just integrating a platform.

From a fill the sqd # point of view, industrial point of view, and experience point of view it's well worth it. Regardless, it's too late to simply end it, it got further initial orders, industry is incorporated into the program.

This is called "throwing good money after bad". The world has dramatically changed since LCA was conceived 36 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom