What's new

Tehrik-e-Taliban Splits, Member Forms Taliban Islami

I thought ISI and military was always referred to as refusing to attack the Haqqanni network as they were anti US only. when did this tribal group start attacking Pakistan? has this been a shift in their stance?

The same last name does not automatically mean that he is part of the 'Haqqani Network', or that the entire 'Haqqani tribe' is part of the 'Haqqani network'.

Jallaludin Haqqani is an Afghan, not a Pakistani Pashtun.

I thought ISI and military was always referred to as refusing to attack the Haqqanni network as they were anti US only. when did this tribal group start attacking Pakistan? has this been a shift in their stance?

Arent you forgetting the media cell of TTP who claims responsibility of every killing, bomb blast, suicide bombing, attack on army establishments, traffic accident, karachi riots, burning of mini buses, and every saas bahooo jhagra?

The same last name does not automatically mean that he is part of the 'Haqqani Network', or that the entire 'Haqqani tribe' is part of the 'Haqqani network'.

Jallaludin Haqqani is an Afghan, not a Pakistani Pashtun.

from an article posted on page 2- Saeed Haqqani is said to have close ties to the Haqqani network, one of the fiercest Afghan insurgent groups battling U.S.-led forces in Afghanistan.

hence I asked...

from an article posted on page 2- Saeed Haqqani is said to have close ties to the Haqqani network, one of the fiercest Afghan insurgent groups battling U.S.-led forces in Afghanistan.

hence I asked...

Ahh, i thought you were implying that he was actually part of the Haqqani network or related to the Haqqanis (which he might be, I am unsure of that).

Another drama unfolding. Now people say there are good people in Talian as well and they will gain sympathy.

I even heard that there are hindu Talibans getting originated in India as well.....amazing.....they got some Taliban roots too.......:woot:

Arent you forgetting the media cell of TTP who claims responsibility of every killing, bomb blast, suicide bombing, attack on army establishments, traffic accident, karachi riots, burning of mini buses, and every saas bahooo jhagra?

Its infact the CIA cell disguised as TTP....:woot:

Its infact the CIA cell disguised as TTP....:woot:

Whatever it is, the guys on the videos and on TV butchering innocents and soldiers, and calling for more terrorism against the Pakistani State, its military and its civilians, appear very much to be Pakistanis.

My point being that regardless of who is funding these groups, the groups themselves largely consist of Pakistanis who are traitors and have sold themselves to our enemies and are assisting them in destroying Pakistan. As such there should be no 'sympathy' for these Pakistanis when they are killed by the Pakistani military and security forces, and there should be no criticizm of the military for 'killing its own people', when quite clearly these Pakistanis have sold themselves to the enemy and are helping the enemy destroy Pakistan.

BTW, I hold that opinion not just about the TTP and other religious extremists/terrorists, but also about those Pakistanis who support and advocate in favor of unauthorized US military operations (drone strikes, commando raids etc.) on Pakistani soil - people like Farhat Taj and many liberal 'bayghairat brigade' commentators in the Pakistani media for example.

They are traitors on both sides.

BAGGAN: The Pakistani Taliban are trying to lure back a senior militant commander who recently quit the group because he controls strategic routes into Afghanistan and Pakistan and can block off militants’ escape paths, his supporters said on Friday.

Analysts say last week’s defection of Fazal Saeed, a Taliban leader in the Kurram region, is a serious blow to the Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), blamed for many suicide bombings across the country.

Saeed’s faction controls important roads used by both Pakistani and Afghan Taliban militants based in North Waziristan’s tribal region for attacks in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Saeed has now formed a new group called the Tehrik-i-Taliban Islami (TTI), comprising some 500 militants and is said to have close ties to Sirajuddin Haqqani, leader of the most brutal faction of the Afghan Taliban.

TTP chief Hakimullah Mehsud has sought help from Haqqani for a truce with Saeed, who quit the group to protest against what he called “brutal” attacks on civilians, militant sources said.

“A six-member delegation of Afghan commanders is meeting commander Saeed at the request of Hakimullah Mehsud to ask him to rejoin the group,” a militant source close to Saeed told a group of reporters.

“They have asked him to open roads he has blocked for militant movements, which are import routes linking Pakistani tribal regions to Afghanistan,” the militant source said.

Saeed said he intends to continue to attack US troops in Afghanistan.
A Reuters’s reporter was part of a group of journalists who were to meet Saeed at his invitation, but the meeting had to be postponed because of the Mehsud delegation’s visit.

A spokesman from the TTP was unavailable for comment.
Saeed has been at odds with Mehsud for several months over militant activities in his stronghold of lower Kurram but their ties deteriorated after one of Saeed’s commanders was killed about a month and a half ago, his supporters say.

The roads Saeed controls are vitally important for Mehsud’s men to reach other tribal regions, and to use as escape routes in case of a military operation in North Waziristan.

Kurram is one of seven tribal agencies, semi-autonomous ethnic Pashtun regions. Its roads are open to the Haqqani network, but not the TTP.

The United States has long demanded that Pakistan attack the North Waziristan region to eliminate the Haqqani network.
Pakistan has been reluctant to do so but it has come under increased pressure after al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden was found and killed in Abboattabad by US special forces in May.

Pakistani forces have launched many offensives in the tribal areas against militants, but have failed to weaken their resolve as insurgents continue to attack the army in the northwest.

The Taliban have vowed to avenge Bin Laden’s death and have stepped up attacks, including a bombing that killed 80 army recruits, a brazen attack on PNS Mehran naval airbase and an assault on a US consular vehicles in Peshawar.

Pakistani Taliban try to woo back ex-comrade – The Express Tribune

There are only one taliban. the afghan taliban which attack non muslims. These supposed pakistani taliban are nothing but agents who have been bribed or conned by pakistani enemies like america and india etc

Killing innocent pakistani muslim civilians aint part of islam that I know and follow.

There are only one taliban. the afghan taliban which attack non muslims. These supposed pakistani taliban are nothing but agents who have been bribed or conned by pakistani enemies like america and india etc

Killing innocent pakistani muslim civilians aint part of islam that I know and follow.

Killing any innocent is not part of Islam that I know and follow.
"He who kills one innocent, It is as if he has murdered the entire mankind"

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom