What's new

technological edge over Pakistan and China has been to some extent proven

Status
Not open for further replies.
China steals train technology too..

When the Japanese and European companies that pioneered high-speed rail agreed to build trains for China, they thought they'd be getting access to a booming new market, billions of dollars worth of contracts and the cachet of creating the most ambitious rapid rail system in history.
What they didn't count on was having to compete with Chinese firms who adapted their technology and turned it against them just a few years later.

Today, Chinese rail companies that were oncejunior partnerswith the likes of Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd., Siemens AG, Alstom SA and Bombardier Inc. are vying against them...

Industries such as autos and aerospace have long sought to tap China's vast market, entering into joint ventures that have brought them enormous reward. But by handing over their technology, some companies have opened the door for homegrown competitors to compete in the global marketplace.

China acknowledges that the trains its own companies are now selling were developed using foreign technology.

CSR obtained Japanese high-speed technology starting in 2004 as part of a deal with Kawasaki.

But Kawasaki, in a statement, says it and other high-speed train producers disagree with China's claim that it has created its own technology. Most of its trains in operation today, some executives say, are almost exactly the same as its foreign partners' trains. They cite a few tweaks to the exterior paint scheme and interior trims and a beefed-up propulsion systems for faster speeds. "China says she owns exclusive rights to that intellectual property, but Kawasaki and other foreign companies feel otherwise," Kawasaki said in a statement, adding that it hopes to resolve the issue through commercial talks. Kawasaki says it is emphasizing in those negotiations that its technology-transfer contracts with the Railways Ministry state that the technology is for use exclusively within China, and that Chinese companies can't use it in products they intend to export.

Privately, some executives are more blunt. "Claiming most of the recently developed bullet trains as China's own may be good for national pride... but it's nothing but deceitful propaganda," says a senior executive at Kawasaki. "How are you supposed to fight rivals when they have your technology, and their cost base is so much lower," the executive adds.

What's unique about China is its vast domestic market, which makes foreign companies willing to hand over their technology know-how for a piece of the action. As China increasingly favors domestic suppliers, it's able to up the ante further, demanding that companies who want to do business transfer ever more advanced technologies. "Any company bringing new technology, innovation or ideas to China has to deal with shanzhai, what one could readily refer to as 'bandit' culture," says Andrew Forbes Winkler, an analyst with Commodore Research & Consultancy in New York. "From cellphones to automobiles, Chinese companies have taken pride in using others' intellectual property and either innovating or counterfeiting goods."

The government looked abroad. In 2004, it signed deals to buy trains from Alstom and Kawasaki, which shipped the first batch over fully assembled. Later, the companies helped set up production facilities within China. They trained Chinese engineers while helping the country develop its own supply chain for train components. Siemens and Bombardier later signed similar deals. Executives from Siemens and Kawasaki both say they were eager for contracts, and feared that if they didn't do deals with China, their competitors would.

Kawasaki's 2004 deal with the Railways Ministry, worth 80 billion yen, or about $760 million at the time, included transfer of the whole spectrum of technology and know-how for the iconic bullet train called Hayate, or "fresh breeze," to Qingdao Sifang Locomotive & Rolling Stock Co., a CSR unit.

Kawasaki exported nine Hayate train sets to China. It then helped produce 51 additional Hayates in China, partly using components imported from Japan. Kawasaki took dozens of CSR engineers to Japan for training. Some later helped set up the Qingdao factory, which now churns out about 200 train sets a year. Over the ensuing years, China asked Kawasaki and others to provide additional technology to make its trains go even faster. Each time Kawasaki signed a deal, it gained "several million dollars" as a fee, according to the senior Kawasaki executive.

STOP Falling for Trick Questions.
I give you credit for not directing us to this:

jaipur.jpg

what you are slipping, my friend? off-peak time that must be?

welcome to the routine hours:

This may be true or not. I really have no problem with this. They just auctioned off a looted $32 million Chinese scroll discovered in a French attic. For the Japanese, we gave them everything from sushi to their writing system. A stupid train is nothing.

This may be true or not. I really have no problem with this. They just auctioned off a looted $32 million Chinese scroll discovered in a French attic. For the Japanese, we gave them everything from sushi to their writing system. A stupid train is nothing.

Yeah... That's exactly what's written above
'From cellphones to automobiles, Chinese companies have taken pride in using others' intellectual property '.

if that case happend in india, the result would be either they lost their entire market to japenese train makers due to their poor domestic industrial level, or indian they closed their market using the exuse of its own market being dominated by foreign players, as india is light years from technological know-how to 'copy' modern technology``

but in china, when we saw japenese advanced techs we knew we are far behind, so we orgnise ourselves to catch up as soon as possible so our domestic market wont be controlled by foreign players`

do see the difference, China make things happen, but india buying buying, ranting ranting and whining whining` :D

Yeah... That's exactly what's written above

Wiki Chinese inventions. Then Wiki Indian inventions.
It's not even close. Without our gunpowder, printing press and compass, there would be no British creation called India.
So, you are welcome.

STOP Falling for Trick Questions.

You really think you are capable of that!

I have to give you credit for optimism if nothing else. :bunny:

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Racist card pulling ? *SIGH* :no:

You are lying basically, trying to con the readers.

Firstly readers have to excuse me for not being able to memorise the detail figures

of some unknown minor rocket precisely - thus the figures I stated were not entirely accurate...

... nevertheless, the basic facts and my statements remain the same, and unaffected:

My statement 1: Chandrayaan-1 technology was far more inferior than Japan and EU's counterparts, let alone those of "Big 3".

Supported by Fact 1 : Indians lost contact with Chandrayaan-1 much shorted than it was originally designed for.

Instead of lossing it 2 months out of 1-year mission as I memorised; it was lost in 10 months out of a 2-year mission.

( source: Chandrayaan-1: ISRO loses contact, claims mission 'over' - Times Of India)

My statement 2: India PSLV is not indigenous, but foreign.

I speculated, with sufficient theoritical proofs, that India's PSLV is of Russian origin like India's GSLV, yet by breifly looking at the following document, I noticed that it's indeed the US origin . And I 'll further speculate that it also contains key Russian tech at later stages ( someone in PDF who knows more on this detail can chip in here, as I have no time to search it, for now. )

Supported by Fact 2 : "Indian" PSLV is not Indian technology, not even close !

(source: page 5, http://www.npolicy.org/article_file/Indias_ICBM-On_a_Glide_Path_to_Trouble.pdf -- a Policy Research Paper by Dr. Richard Speier, The Nonprolifertion Policy Education Center, Washington, DC. 2006 )

(furthe detail can refer to Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, November 1989, available at http://winconsinproject.org/countries/India/misshelp.html)

( source: page 19 of http://www.npolicy.org/article_file/Indias_ICBM-On_a_Glide_Path_to_Trouble.pdf --- a Policy Research Paper by Dr. Richard Speier, The Nonprolifertion Policy Education Center, Washington, DC. 2006 )

So I've easily exposed both of your lies with reliable sources, alongwith your viled misleading intention.

What's your next move? Name calling or racist card pulling ?

What a surprise! So more name calling and more racist card pulling... - stick to Hindustan tradition, eh?

*SIGH* :no:

One word answer.

You are a pitiful, self hating banana. :lol:

It's not even close. Without our gunpowder, printing press and compass, there would be no British creation called India.
So, you are welcome.

So Mongols used your own inventions to do some nice things to you? ;)

So, you are welcome.

wiki Indian mathematics ,then chinese mathematics.It's not even close
There woudn't be a HongKong without Indian opium

That's debatable. Hong Kong Island is one of the best natural harbors in the world.
It may also be the best location in the world. Half the worlds population is TWO (2) hours away. It has zero capital gains, corporate or sales taxes. Income tax is 15%. It is 95% Chinese. To give all the credit to the British would mean India should be the richest country on earth, no?? After all, they ruled you guys too. Everything I just wrote applies to Singapore too.

That's too tongue in cheek for most bananas. ;)

You really want to talk about Mongols and India??
LOL, They used our inventions to do nice things to YOU.

Actually my apologies for talking of this issue.

I know that was the worst period for the Chinese. The Mongols were barbarians and killed millions all over. Chinese were probably the worst sufferers along with Muslims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom