What's new

technological edge over Pakistan and China has been to some extent proven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh.......the "aeo spaaace reversing engine" was funny at least....gotta give him that...

her profile was written right after that news :yahoo:
i guess Chinese reverse engineering works may be....but their reverse reading fails :P :bunny:
i have a suitable movie name for such people..."ignorant &%&$$#%S"

LOL...well said bro !!! :)

funny indians always ranting abt this and that, that so called missile defence test carried out last year was a complete joke, who is going to fire a BMs with 70km ranges with 60s standard Agni missile? it will only happening in indians wet-dream war senario``lol

only US and China successfully tested ABMs with direct hit, not russian nuclear war-head, or indians funny 70km range explosive war-head. do u know the differences indians? the level of electrics, computing and sensors required to have that high accuracy?

funny indians always ranting abt this and that, that so called missile defence test carried out last year was a complete joke, who is going to fire a BMs with 70km ranges with 60s standard Agni missile? it will only happening in indians wet-dream war senario``lol

only US and China successfully tested ABMs with direct hit, not russian nuclear war-head, or indians funny 70km range explosive war-head. do u know the differences indians? the level of electrics, computing and sensors required to have that high accuracy?

Do you have some trouble comprehending English or you haven't read the news itself?

Missile with the range trajectory of 600 Km launched ..it was intercepted by AAD 70 Km from the target at a vertical height of 25 kms.

It wasn't 70 Km ballistic missile..I do not know which country makes those these day.

India's missile developement is due to the support and technological help of Israel, Israeli firms and US.

Usual asiatic responses.. inability to accept an achievement by anyone.
Indians used to take the lead in belittling everybody.. but now it seems the rest are catching up in throwing a flame.

It wasn't 70 Km ballistic missile..I do not know which country makes those these day.

er``on top of my head the country called india?

Come on. An altitude of 25km is even within the atmosphere, an ordinary SAM such as HQ-7 or S-300 could intercept that.

Come on. An altitude of 25km is even within the atmosphere, an ordinary SAM such as HQ-7 or S-300 could intercept that.

but an ordinary SAM cannot be employed against a BM - of course 25 km is within the atmosphere , thats why our AAD ( Advanced Air defence interceptor )
is endo- atmospheric with a 30 km range since it works in tandem with the PADE ( Prithvi air defence system ) which has a range of 90-100 km . The Idea is to ensure a 99.99 % kill probability with PADE making the first layer and AAD making the second layer. The reason for this is because India will mostly be facing SRBMs ( short range ) and MRBM's ( medium range ) from both sides of our border. From pakistan Shaheens , Ghauris etc and China 's silos in Tibet etc. This is according to our special requirements.

China on the other hand will be facing U.S ICBMs in a conflict from bases far away , which means it becomes important to destroy the incoming missiles in mid phase for a greater chance of a successful hit. Hence the Chinese ABM system ( currently ) employs their ASAT tech to develop their ABM - range matters here with likewise tracking radar capability. This is the Chinese requirement.

And in the future you would have DEW weapons( to destroy missiles in Boost phase ) which the U.S has already tested and China is secretly working on and India too has a few of such programs which do not find its way into the press much.

Edit post :

I see you were referring to the S-300 PMU-1/2 .....improved variant with terminal ABM capability....

Yes. A handful of BM were launched and intercepted during the test before the S-300 PMU were introduced in to the Air Force. That was story years ago. It is not extremely difficult to intercept a short range BM, course the end speed is far slower than that of long range or strategic missile.

To intercept a missile in the mid phase (in the outer space) is different and a more difficult task.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom