What's new

Team USA

When I think of Hong Kong (and look at pics) I imagine an almost futuristic kind of city. A "steel and glass jungle" as you say.

Shanghai is even more insane, the first time I went there my jaw literally hit the floor. And that's from a Hong Konger like me. :D

That said, I prefer historical cities like Beijing. And I like the "small town" sort of environment like you get in sort of like the American Midwest area.

HK is great but there is just so much activity at all hours and everywhere. I would not mind living in a small town area for a few years.

Haven't been to Shanghai, yet, heard good things though! :D

Shanghai is even more insane, the first time I went there my jaw literally hit the floor. And that's from a Hong Konger like me. :D

That said, I prefer historical cities like Beijing. And I like the "small town" sort of environment like you get in sort of like the American Midwest area.

HK is great but there is just so much activity at all hours and everywhere. I would not mind living in a small town area for a few years.

What could be more iconic than a Harley-Davidson on the Blue Ridge Parkway?

9F2E6D93-5C2E-4E9F-8383-E3CDA846E143-147-0000002934A09AFC_zpsd00edaa6.jpg

Funny you said that, because I was also going to mention Shanghai. How it looked so incredibly modern and vast. Hoping to add it to the cities I'll be visiting on my trip to Asia.

America is a country which attracts worlds finest in every field .

America is the reason we are in information age today . Most of the greatest 20th Century Inventions are from there .

They have single handedly ushered the world into new era and had more impact than any supoerpower in the history of planet earth .

lol have to admit, the guy is comedy gold. Although technically a troll, at least he doesn't spew hyper-nationalist nonsense. :bounce:

Pelican guy had me in stitches.

We do need characters like that sometimes.

I always find it a bit sad that more people haven't developed modern architectures which retain a historical and ancient flair. Most modern cities look so boringly homogenized.

I would have hoped to see more pagoda-inspired buildings rather than solid rectangular columns of glass and steel.

I always find it a bit sad that more people haven't developed modern architectures which retain a historical and ancient flair. Most modern cities look so boringly homogenized.

I would have hoped to see more pagoda-inspired buildings rather than solid rectangular columns of glass and steel.

I agree 100%.

Beijing is still quite good for historical/traditional stuff, but Shanghai and HK are mostly modernistic. There are a few big exceptions, but apart from those, the buildings are mostly the "modernistic" style, with all the up-and-coming architects trying to prove how futuristic they can make the buildings look, even though they should be going for a more traditional or hybrid style in my opinion.

Not to me! Although I've had better steaks from other places, theirs is definitely above average.
gins is a hundred times better and they give waaaay better service. plus the other one on market street i forgot the name. but you might know what its called. they are also pretty good.
the service at pats steak kings is just garbage i swear.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom