What's new

Team USA

Yeah its a real labour of passion these kind of things.

Years ago I made chess pieces on CNC at work, because the technicians had finished well ahead of time....and I had time booked that had become surplus at the end and bunch of aluminium and brass stock left.

It went much like this (though I only made pieces like in 2nd half of vid here and not a board):

I gifted that set I made to a good friend who appreciates such things....it sits in his man cave and I play him and others (his wife is very good at chess) when we hang out there heh.

I plan to make another chess set with wood sometime. I have a wood lathe, bandsaw and everything else I need.... things I use for more mundane fairly quickly accomplished wood items.

Chess set will use up lot of time in comparison as its all manual compared to CNC heh....I'll probably take it in steps. Great thing with wood is its material you can work with so easily using handtools, sandpaper etc while its still on the chuck.

But doing everything organically by hand like you do is true art so I can only imagine the passion and commitment it takes. 600 hours or any number disguises a lot of the real sweat and toil behind it.
outstanding! I've never seen like before with chess pieces!!! Well done before. Incredible.

Talk about milking it till maximums the end! cushy job.

Newton

bearNewton.png

@Gomig-21

done s lot ofb

done a lot of work there.

So I thought drywall was an Americanism but apparently other countries also use it.

Here's some Aussies...and watching it you can see some similarities and differences. Not liking the loose white wires.
What do you think these little spacer parts they just lay between the blue ceiling beams are for? Seems they will just be bouncing around as people walk across the floors. Oh wait I think they are mudded up first...hmm.

Last edited:
lucidAir.png

So I sat in a Lucid Air on display. Not bad.
The driver's seat is low to the ground. You fall into the seats. You have to duck through the door frame.
Not sure how they are hiding the battery under the floor since you are so low.

sixecomparison.png

You can see how tall she is to this car

Last edited:
@Gomig-21 This guy is in Massachusetts

Yeah. bro. Ever since I've been getting orders for additions and homes with homeowners seriously planning to install solar panels. I've been talking to my wife about us doing the same thing on out house especially with it positioned perfectly on the left side to face the sun at full blast for 11 hours in the summer and about 8+ in the winter which would force the rip-off electric company to pay us back a surplus from every month. Just gotta get around to it soon!

PS. Danvers electric sucks *** and deserve to be bumped aside and have THEM pay us for developing surplus juice. What a great feeling that would be.

Last edited:
Yeah. bro. Ever since I've been getting orders for additions and homes with homeowners seriously planning to install solar panels. I've been talking to my wife about us doing the same thing on out house especially with it positioned perfectly on the left side to face the sun at full blast for 11 hours in the summer and about 8+ in the winter which would force the rip-off electric company to pay us back a surplus from every month. Just gotta get around to it soon!

PS. Danvers electric sucks *** and deserve to be bumped aside and have THEM pay us for developing surplus juice. What a great feeling that would be.

My biggest issue is the big bolts they put through your roof into the joists...not liking that one bit.

I don't. Sarcasm my friend! :o::p:

They always keep saying..... IN AMREEKA IT'S LIKE THAT.... IT'S LIKE THIS...... I've heard that so many times that I want to shove something in their traps. o_O
Hi,

accordingly---in pakistan it is like this---& in pakistan it is like that---so what must one say---?

My biggest issue is the big bolts they put through your roof into the joists...not liking that one bit.

The trick is to lay a very sticky rubber ice & water shield membrane underlayment first. Once the nail penetrates the shingle ans. the sticky rubber compresses with the and surrounds the nail and tightens it for almost forever and hence no water penetration for as long as the rubber lasts. which is much monger than the shingle itself believe or not. The rubber is not very bio gradable. It's a great system.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom